or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2211

post #33151 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I just sent her an email, so we will see...


I did, as well.  I'm wondering if there is some sort of issue seeing as others who placed MTO's after me have already received their shoes.  Hmm...

post #33152 of 52473

It looks like Cole-Haan is getting into the Goodyear-welting game:

 

http://www.colehaan.com/martin-lace-up-boot-mahogany/C11665.html?dwvar_C11665_color=Mahogany#cgid=mens_best_sellers&start=35

 

:facepalm:

post #33153 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post
 

It looks like Cole-Haan is getting into the Goodyear-welting game:

 

http://www.colehaan.com/martin-lace-up-boot-mahogany/C11665.html?dwvar_C11665_color=Mahogany#cgid=mens_best_sellers&start=35

 

:facepalm:

Good for them. Last time I checked their store in NYC there was no single style that attracted me. Even if they were to reach the same quality as AE, I don't think I'd be tempted to check them out unless they change their styling. 

post #33154 of 52473

I actually think its a pretty decent looking boot...

post #33155 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Is there anything MWS doesn't know????? haha


I think we know the answer to that... there was something he didn't know a few weeks back, but now he knows that... so I think he knows everything now... at least when it comes to mens shoes.

post #33156 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Just putting something out here...don't even know if it is possible yet, but...

IF Allen Edmonds will let me transfer my MTO 8D Cappuccino shell MacNeils to another party; would anyone be interested? They are about 6 weeks into production.

*CAPPUCCINO CORDOVAN
*TONE ON TONE STITCHING
*BROWN LEATHER INSOLE
*CHILI SPLIT REVERSE WELT
*DOUBLE RENDENBACH OUTSOLE
*RENDENBACH COMBINATION HEEL
*LIGHT BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

 

Have you asked Allison if they have started production?  I am sure many would be interested in assuming the spot if not locked into those exact specs.

post #33157 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

I actually think its a pretty decent looking boot...

I have to agree with this. Yet, without seeing it in person I can't say much about the quality and the attention to details. Until now, most of the post-1990 Cole Haan shoes I've seen have been very underwhelming. 

post #33158 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

I actually think its a pretty decent looking boot...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

I have to agree with this. Yet, without seeing it in person I can't say much about the quality and the attention to details. Until now, most of the post-1990 Cole Haan shoes I've seen have been very underwhelming.

 

Aesthetically, it is decent looking.  I've never seen it in person either, and won't be seeking them out.  If I were to come across them, I'd expect to find inferior components if I had to guess.

post #33159 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Is there anything MWS doesn't know????? haha

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 


I think we know the answer to that... there was something he didn't know a few weeks back, but now he knows that... so I think he knows everything now... at least when it comes to mens shoes.

 

:embar:  There is always more to learn.

post #33160 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post

Have you asked Allison if they have started production?  I am sure many would be interested in assuming the spot if not locked into those exact specs.

Still waiting for an email back from her. It has been 6 weeks so I am assuming they have started.
post #33161 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Still waiting for an email back from her. It has been 6 weeks so I am assuming they have started.

At the six week mark, I'd assume that they failed inspection once. It seems to me that the 4 week mark seems to be the turnaround unless there was an issue.
post #33162 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

At the six week mark, I'd assume that they failed inspection once. It seems to me that the 4 week mark seems to be the turnaround unless there was an issue.

Agree. This had been my experience as well.

-Mike
post #33163 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Agree. This had been my experience as well.

-Mike
Yes, My Dundees were done in 4 weeks. My Leeds took the full 8. Failed once.
post #33164 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Yes, My Dundees were done in 4 weeks. My Leeds took the full 8. Failed once.

So Tifosi, it might be helpful to ask Allison at what step in the process your shoes are. If there is extra cappucino waiting to be cut ...I'm sure someone would take it off your hands if possible
post #33165 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

So Tifosi, it might be helpful to ask Allison at what step in the process your shoes are. If there is extra cappucino waiting to be cut ...I'm sure someone would take it off your hands if possible
If she will email or call me back I'd love to!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread