or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2210

post #33136 of 46510

Pastor, those are absolutely STUNNING.

 

When exactly did you place your order? Looks like you got them FAST!

post #33137 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

Pastor, those are absolutely STUNNING.

When exactly did you place your order? Looks like you got them FAST!

I actually placed the order on Sept 26. This is the second pair that they have made as the first pair did not pass inspection. I'm happy with the timeframe and quality of the shoes.
post #33138 of 46510

I came here looking to see if anyone was talking about this. "Private Equity Firm Brentwood Associates Agrees to Acquire Allen Edmonds"

post #33139 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Lee View Post

I came here looking to see if anyone was talking about this. "Private Equity Firm Brentwood Associates Agrees to Acquire Allen Edmonds"
There has been some discussion over the last 5 pages or so....
post #33140 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

My MTO arrived today. I do believe that these were some of the last cappuccino MTO's that were accepted. I got these for $505 with the RDA sale price. Jefferson in cappuccino shell with dark brown natural edge trim and independence lining. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Outside Pic

Looking awesome Pastor. I am looking forward to getting mine some sun rays, but I want to photograph them first. :-)

I think my order was the last Cap Shell that they accepted, but I got mine before you because of your's being redone, so you may have gotten one of their last pieces of shell. :-)

Enjoy them! I like your dark edge trim. I went light.

-Mike
post #33141 of 46510

Got my McTavsish's today.  They seem to slip in the heel...i went with 11D, which is what I have in Long Branch, Fifth Ave, Strand.  Should I try another size or just deal with the heel slippage?

post #33142 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post

Got my McTavsish's today.  They seem to slip in the heel...i went with 11D, which is what I have in Long Branch, Fifth Ave, Strand.  Should I try another size or just deal with the heel slippage?
The slippage might reduce or go away once the soles break in...
post #33143 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


The slippage might reduce or go away once the soles break in...


Oh ok, so I should just keep them?

post #33144 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post


Oh ok, so I should just keep them?
That is kinda tough to say. If you wear them too much you won't be able to return them. Anyway to test fit another size?
post #33145 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
 

Got my McTavsish's today.  They seem to slip in the heel...i went with 11D, which is what I have in Long Branch, Fifth Ave, Strand.  Should I try another size or just deal with the heel slippage?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


The slippage might reduce or go away once the soles break in...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
 


Oh ok, so I should just keep them?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


That is kinda tough to say. If you wear them too much you won't be able to return them. Anyway to test fit another size?

 

Wear them indoors until you are certain.  They should take them back as long as they haven't been worn outdoors.  Also, many report sizing down half a size in Rough Collection shoes, so you may need to as well.

post #33146 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

My MTO arrived today. I do believe that these were some of the last cappuccino MTO's that were accepted. I got these for $505 with the RDA sale price. Jefferson in cappuccino shell with dark brown natural edge trim and independence lining.






Outside Pic


excellent!  I love how the color seems to adapt with the clothes you wear! It looks like you have three different colored shoes... very nice!

post #33147 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wear them indoors until you are certain.  They should take them back as long as they haven't been worn outdoors.  Also, many report sizing down half a size in Rough Collection shoes, so you may need to as well.


Thanks.  I'll wear them indoors for a bit. 

post #33148 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post

Got my McTavsish's today.  They seem to slip in the heel...i went with 11D, which is what I have in Long Branch, Fifth Ave, Strand.  Should I try another size or just deal with the heel slippage?

I would not keep anything with heel slippage. If it is just a tiny bit, then it may go away, but if it is noticeable then try another size. I have tried shoes with heel slippage to no success. AE is also a lighter shoe compared to other brands and no heel slippage should be present. Try a 10.5D and 10.5E.

My two criterion for shoe fit are:

1. My forefoot is not uncomfortable
2. No heel slippage
post #33149 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
 

Thanks.  I'll wear them indoors for a bit. 

 

I think most people size down half in length and sometimes have to go up a size in width. I happen to have the same size for my 5-65 dress shoes and my McTavishes, but I had to use a tongue pad to fill the McTavishes.

post #33150 of 46510
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

 

I think most people size down half in length and sometimes have to go up a size in width. I happen to have the same size for my 5-65 dress shoes and my McTavishes, but I had to use a tongue pad to fill the McTavishes.


The Strand and Fifth Ave in 11D fit well and are snug to my foot.  The Long Branch in 11D have room in the toes, but fit well.  These McTavish fit well in the foot, but there is definitely slipping in the heel.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread