or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2207

post #33091 of 47201
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmade View Post
 

I can confirm!  It's nice to see the company keep its ownership within a private equity firm and not Mens Warehouse!!!

 

 

Their message is clear... we're going to grow our production, keep it domestic, maintain our customer service, stay true to our roots, and keep on keeping on!

 

Here is a link to the press release, some good quotes by Grangaard for any of the doubters out there!

 

http://www.pehub.com/2013/11/05/brentwood-associates-acquire-allen-edmonds-corporation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pehub%2Fnews%2Fall+(PEHub+News)

Keep it domestic... well that is a farce.

AE has already diluted the brand by having the "Made in DR" shoes. (Cemented construction, etc...)

I hope PE doesn't make it worse. 

post #33092 of 47201
I just got my Neumoks, and unfortunately they are headed back to AE. They came out beautiful, except with just a couple of seconds-quality issues. Mainly, not all the holes were cleanly punched on them, so that there are some tan dots on them, and the medallion holes aren't punched out very much at all. Also, there was some hairstuff all over them (possibly just lint, but didn't come off with a light rubbing) and wrinkles all over the place.

Allison gladly is taking them back to look over, and will let me know if they are repairable or need replacing (in which case I'm asking for a slight sizing adjustment). Anyway, they didn't stay in my hands long enough to take photos, but they are pretty damn good looking otherwise. Lots of shell all over, including the heel lining and the foot padding. The double JR sole came out perfect, and the light brown transparent edging is *exactly* what everyone wants their edging to look like, absolutely nailed it.
post #33093 of 47201
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

Here're pics of my poor torn Daltons. Any thoughts on what if anything can be done for them?

 

Hidden (Click to show)

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Take them to AE and they should take care of them, no prob.
 

Good news. I contacted Kristle of J'ville and got this response. Fingers crossed they're able to do something to fix them:

 

Quote:
Go to www.allenedmonds.com and click on recrafting.  Then print off the Recraftform and just fill out your contact information.  Attach a note with the problem although I am sure they will notice it.  Then you can print a shipping label off.

 

Mark warranty on the outside of the box so that they can fix them promptly.

post #33094 of 47201
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

Good news. I contacted Kristle of J'ville and got this response. Fingers crossed they're able to do something to fix them:

I had a pair of Daltons a few years ago, and the same thing happened to me. I've also seen other people with the same issue. I ended up selling the pair for fit reasons, but the moral of the story is that the Daltons have non-functional pull tags, which is a silly design flaw that needs fixing.
post #33095 of 47201
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post


I had a pair of Daltons a few years ago, and the same thing happened to me. I've also seen other people with the same issue. I ended up selling the pair for fit reasons, but the moral of the story is that the Daltons have non-functional pull tags, which is a silly design flaw that needs fixing.

 

I actually never use the pull tabs to put on my shoes. Why wouldn't you just hold them from the sides? You get so much more grip...

I do this with all my boots. Pull tabs or not.

post #33096 of 47201
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

I had a pair of Daltons a few years ago, and the same thing happened to me. I've also seen other people with the same issue. I ended up selling the pair for fit reasons, but the moral of the story is that the Daltons have non-functional pull tags, which is a silly design flaw that needs fixing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

I actually never use the pull tabs to put on my shoes. Why wouldn't you just hold them from the sides? You get so much more grip...


I do this with all my boots. Pull tabs or not.

 

This is good to know. Perhaps whether or not I pulled too hard, this is my fault for not knowing that they're basically nonfunctional. Hopefully they'll be able to fix them for me and I can put 'em on correctly from here on out.

post #33097 of 47201
The moral of my story was that you were using them correctly, but they were designed incorrectly. Pull tabs should either be functional and strong (like on a pair of Vibergs) or not there at all. Putting on delicate pull tabs for aesthetics makes no sense whatsoever.
post #33098 of 47201


Really loving my chili McAllisters that had made. The color is certainly under utilized by AE, will have to get some other MTO's in this color.

Decided to use some chili edge dressing on the lower section of the heels, I think the color contrast adds a little something extra to the shoe.
post #33099 of 47201
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

The moral of my story was that you were using them correctly, but they were designed incorrectly. Pull tabs should either be functional and strong (like on a pair of Vibergs) or not there at all. Putting on delicate pull tabs for aesthetics makes no sense whatsoever.
I think a member of our forum had a pair of Daltons made with the pull tabs removed. Guess he knew something others didn't.
post #33100 of 47201

I like the aesthetic and given that they're dress boots and not rugged boots, I'm fine with it.

Honestly, I loosen the laces and put my feet in by holding the sides. it works and I'm sure it's easier than using the pull tab.

post #33101 of 47201

Just got this in the mail...
post #33102 of 47201
Can't pull it up its says what?
post #33103 of 47201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I like the aesthetic and given that they're dress boots and not rugged boots, I'm fine with it.


Honestly, I loosen the laces and put my feet in by holding the sides. it works and I'm sure it's easier than using the pull tab.

I agree, if the pull tab was to really be functional, it would have to be really heavy-duty and ugly. On dress boots that wouldn't fit the overall look. I 'accidentally' tugged on one of mine any it tore - I had to have local cobbler stitch it. Never again - I use the sides only.
post #33104 of 47201
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Can't pull it up its says what?
It's a letter from Paul Grangaard about the sale to Brentwood Associates.
post #33105 of 47201
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

I just got my Neumoks, and unfortunately they are headed back to AE. They came out beautiful, except with just a couple of seconds-quality issues. Mainly, not all the holes were cleanly punched on them, so that there are some tan dots on them, and the medallion holes aren't punched out very much at all. Also, there was some hairstuff all over them (possibly just lint, but didn't come off with a light rubbing) and wrinkles all over the place.

Allison gladly is taking them back to look over, and will let me know if they are repairable or need replacing (in which case I'm asking for a slight sizing adjustment). Anyway, they didn't stay in my hands long enough to take photos, but they are pretty damn good looking otherwise. Lots of shell all over, including the heel lining and the foot padding. The double JR sole came out perfect, and the light brown transparent edging is *exactly* what everyone wants their edging to look like, absolutely nailed it.

Wish we had pix since those don't sound too bad.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread