or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2206

post #33076 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

Why did you send them in for recrafting in the first place if you've only worn them three times before sending them in? (Or am I misreading your post, in which case, why are you sure they won't break in if you've only worn them three times since getting them back?)

I read faulty sole.

post #33077 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewN View Post
 

Wow, I never realized that AE shoes retail for nearly $600 in China. Imagine how many people would be wearing AEs if Chinese made shoes were taxed at that rate in the US :lol:

By the way, what do you guys think is a good selling price for a pair of used cappuccino shell Dundees? 

 

its actually over $800 for the PA, Strands, etc. the normal retail price is 5000 CNY for those shoes. didn’t even bother checking if they have shells after that.

post #33078 of 46999

And you could get 10% on top if you sign up for the emails on the Neiman Marcus' website. This brings the total price down to $513. 

post #33079 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post


Well said, a touch cloudy and waxy, just as weatherproofed leather boots should feel! They look good, smell good and wear good. Don't hesitate doing LP on them. And use your hands...massage it in! You'll know what I mean as you start the process. Enjoy...helps one appreciate great handmade leather boots at a whole new level.

 

This is how I apply conditioner to my baseball glove. My fingers are sore at the end but I get the stuff in every nook.

post #33080 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

Why did you send them in for recrafting in the first place if you've only worn them three times before sending them in? (Or am I misreading your post, in which case, why are you sure they won't break in if you've only worn them three times since getting them back?)

 



I sent them in initially due to a sole that was breaking apart. They did the recraft for free since the bottoms showed know wear.

I took them into the store, and they are stretching them out. I'll give it a few days and try them again. I only paid like $150 for these on closeout, so I don't feel like I can push this too hard.
post #33081 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

Why did you send them in for recrafting in the first place if you've only worn them three times before sending them in? (Or am I misreading your post, in which case, why are you sure they won't break in if you've only worn them three times since getting them back?)

 



I sent them in initially due to a sole that was breaking apart. They did the recraft for free since the bottoms showed know wear.

I took them into the store, and they are stretching them out. I'll give it a few days and try them again. I only paid like $150 for these on closeout, so I don't feel like I can push this too hard.

Is it possible they replaced them instead of repairing?
post #33082 of 46999

I'm wearing my daltons again on this brisk boston morning. I swear they fit better every time I wear them.


I'm pretty tapped out on shoes for now and don't have any voids in my closet other than black boots, so why is it that I find myself browsing ebay for strands and such so often...?

post #33083 of 46999
Did you guys see this? Milwaukee newspaper reporting AE sold to PE group Brentwood Associates out of California.
http://www.jsonline.com/business/allen-edmonds-sold-headquarters-to-stay-in-port-washington-b99135030z1-230562761.html
post #33084 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Did you guys see this? Milwaukee newspaper reporting AE sold to PE group Brentwood Associates out of California.
http://www.jsonline.com/business/allen-edmonds-sold-headquarters-to-stay-in-port-washington-b99135030z1-230562761.html

I can confirm!  It's nice to see the company keep its ownership within a private equity firm and not Mens Warehouse!!!

 

 

Their message is clear... we're going to grow our production, keep it domestic, maintain our customer service, stay true to our roots, and keep on keeping on!

 

Here is a link to the press release, some good quotes by Grangaard for any of the doubters out there!

 

http://www.pehub.com/2013/11/05/brentwood-associates-acquire-allen-edmonds-corporation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pehub%2Fnews%2Fall+(PEHub+News)

post #33085 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmade View Post
 

I can confirm!  It's nice to see the company keep its ownership within a private equity firm and not Mens Warehouse!!!

 

 

Their message is clear... we're going to grow our production, keep it domestic, maintain our customer service, stay true to our roots, and keep on keeping on!

 

Here is a link to the press release, some good quotes by Grangaard for any of the doubters out there!

 

http://www.pehub.com/2013/11/05/brentwood-associates-acquire-allen-edmonds-corporation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pehub%2Fnews%2Fall+(PEHub+News)

 

I don't know that the sale to another PE firm is something to celebrate about. Goldner was able to grow the firm while maintaining the culture, yes, but don't assume this is the normal for a PE holding. The statement Brentwood gave is just SOP, and we won't see their true intentions for another year or two.

post #33086 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post

I don't know that the sale to another PE firm is something to celebrate about. Goldner was able to grow the firm while maintaining the culture, yes, but don't assume this is the normal for a PE holding. The statement Brentwood gave is just SOP, and we won't see their true intentions for another year or two.

That's true, but they are keeping Paul, which says something. In the case where a company isn't profitable or growing, it would make sense for a PE firm to make big changes. In this case, they are already growing revenue at 20% and are probably profitable. I'd imagine the owner wants to continue to grow top and bottom line and then eventually take them public. We'll see.

Side note- I'm getting so antsy for my brown shell Jefferson's that are getting remade! AHHH!
post #33087 of 46999

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Is it 8 weeks yet??? I WANT MY MTO DUNDEES AND BROADSTREETS!

post #33088 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

Why did you send them in for recrafting in the first place if you've only worn them three times before sending them in? (Or am I misreading your post, in which case, why are you sure they won't break in if you've only worn them three times since getting them back?)
 

 



I sent them in initially due to a sole that was breaking apart. They did the recraft for free since the bottoms showed know wear.

I took them into the store, and they are stretching them out. I'll give it a few days and try them again. I only paid like $150 for these on closeout, so I don't feel like I can push this too hard.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njruss View Post


Is it possible they replaced them instead of repairing?

 

 

 


I doubt it - there is a scuff on the toe that looks familiar, and there are lace marks across the tongue. Also, it is a discontinued model, so I don't know that they have any sitting around.

post #33089 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post
 

 

Of course that's true, but I would be a lot more concerned about a swift change in direction if they pulled him out. I've seen that happen as well.

 

Really, we just need to pay attention and see what the next few months bring as far as product offerings and customer support.

 

My APB worked! Only, it's The Sizzle, and not Cold Iron that has returned.

 

Either way, welcome back, old friend.

post #33090 of 46999
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post
 

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Is it 8 weeks yet??? I WANT MY MTO DUNDEES AND BROADSTREETS!

I know I'm dying here.  I have my Merlot Web Gems and my MTO Brown Cordovan Players pending..... I really really really hope they don't have inspection issues!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread