or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2203

post #33031 of 46917

Those chocolate Daltons are gorgeous! 

post #33032 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post


I just used Obenauf's LP. And as an FYI, I got mine at a Cabelas - they had big displays of the LP and Oil. I got some of each. LP is totally natural and a great skin moisturizer, so you dip your fingers in and slather it onto your boots with your bare hands - your skin warmth liquified it and helps it absorb. Leather is an animal's skin - you wouldn't use a cotton cloth to rub moisturizer into your own hands, so don't for your shoes either.

 

I assume this is the stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-Heavy-Duty-4oz-Preserves/dp/B003SKCARK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383588615&sr=8-1&keywords=Obenauf%27s+LP

 

I have a pair of Bayfield on the way. Did you find that it changed the color of the brown CXL at all?

post #33033 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post


Mine did the same thing and they ended up replacing them. Not sure that's an option since they are out of walnut shell. Hopefully it can be repaired.


I seriously doubt they are 100% out of walnut shell.

post #33034 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Mine did the same thing and they ended up replacing them. Not sure that's an option since they are out of walnut shell. Hopefully it can be repaired.

Now you guys are scaring me. Mine are about a year and a half old. How old were your guys?

My sympathy is with you, bkotsko. Let us know how you fare.
post #33035 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post


Now you guys are scaring me. Mine are about a year and a half old. How old were your guys?

My sympathy is with you, bkotsko. Let us know how you fare.

Beth in AE recrafting told me it is no problem (sight unseen).

I sent them in already this morning, and hopefully should have something back within a week or so. 

Ill post the after pics. 

This problem got me a little worried about the MTO unlined black shell Daltons I ordered during the sale. 

I almost called Allison about it today to make sure it wasnt an issue with them being unlined. 

Fingers crossed.


Edited by bkotsko - 11/4/13 at 1:00pm
post #33036 of 46917

One pair of shoes with an issue is not a trend...

 

And to the person that asked about the obenauf's HDLP, I find that it did darken two pairs of boots I used it on (neither were AE) quite a bit. They went from a reddish brown to a few shades darker. I might do it to another pair of boots I own as well, but I probably won't do it to my walnut daltons since it'll probably darken them quite a bit.

post #33037 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post
 

We need to put out an APB for Cold Iron.

 

I think Cold Iron's absence can be explained by one of his last posts regarding finding a new woman who loved the smell of shell cordovan.

post #33038 of 46917

PSA for those like me who tried to get in on last week's Jos A Bank shoe tree sale. Size small was out-of-stock until forever but I just went to my local store and they had a few in stock at 50% off so picked them up for $12.50/ea. Probably not as good as the sale but close enough and better than waiting until forever.

post #33039 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by njruss View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

The blue looks really nice too. I think it would be pretty versatile as well!

 



Agreed. They come with white laces and I was planning on getting the yellow ones for days when maize and blue are in order. Also, you can order these at a store so you can get a proper fitting if desired.

Another UM fan on here? This isn't a bad idea...

 

There will be better days for us to wear this combination of colors soon.

post #33040 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post
 

PSA for those like me who tried to get in on last week's Jos A Bank shoe tree sale. Size small was out-of-stock until forever but I just went to my local store and they had a few in stock at 50% off so picked them up for $12.50/ea. Probably not as good as the sale but close enough and better than waiting until forever.

It was weird, I ordered 10 pairs in size S and it said backordered till 7/17/14 (or something like that) and all the pairs have already delivered.

post #33041 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

It was weird, I ordered 10 pairs in size S and it said backordered till 7/17/14 (or something like that) and all the pairs have already delivered.

 

Heh, well that's good. Horrible website order management design on their part then.

post #33042 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

It was weird, I ordered 10 pairs in size S and it said backordered till 7/17/14 (or something like that) and all the pairs have already delivered.
Only 10, Ryden?? haha. I thought I was being optimistic at ordering 4. LOL
post #33043 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjyoung View Post
 

Another UM fan on here? This isn't a bad idea...

 

There will be better days for us to wear this combination of colors soon.

HAIL!

post #33044 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

The color varies a good bit with the Butyl soles, but that is what you have there.  That is a single sole, not a double.  Their website needs to be corrected.  I don't think the Neumok ever had a double sole.

Thanks, MWS.
post #33045 of 46917
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

I think Cold Iron's absence can be explained by one of his last posts regarding finding a new woman who loved the smell of shell cordovan.

 

So....extended honeymoon then? :inlove:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread