What were they originally? $250?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 8/20/14 at 9:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2198
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Wondering if anyone could give me some insight here.
I've been having problems with my Eagle County boots from day 1, and i'm not sure if this is a problem with my pair, or if the boot just isn't for my foot. It feels like the heel cup wasn't properly formed, and instead contouring to my heel shape (like all my other AEs, some of which are on the same last), the heel just seems to go straight up from the sole. This makes the boot slide up and down along the back of my heel as I walk.
After about 3+ hours of wear, my heels start to hurt. I've even developed a blister on one of them. I've worn them around 7 or 8 times, and they haven't really gotten much better, only a touch. Anyone else with this problem?
I'm going to also contact AE and see what they have to add to the situation. I have far too many comfortable pairs of AEs to make me feel like it should be like this. It's causing me to want to wear them less and less.
From what I have heard, they did. I have not put them on yet and haven't walked around in them a bit. But I heard that they fixed the issue, and since I had to wait for the shoes for about 10 weeks, I am pretty confident that the solution got applied to my shoes.
I talked with online chat about which size to get. We couldn't decide between 4 different size/width combinations. He urged me to order all 4 and return the other 3. I questioned if that was most efficient for them and he said "We want you to have the right fit." I'll be getting back to you on which one actually was right for me. I suspect it won't be TTS as yours were, according to the reviews.
First wearing, the heel is just a tad loose and the forefoot just a bit tight. I imagine it'll loosen up in the front once the lining has compressed a bit. I can't imagine going any longer or wider as my heel would most assuredly come out of the slipper when walking. Any shorter and my toes would be rubbing against the front of the slipper. So...while this size isn't "perfect", I think it's about as good as it'll get.
I look forward to your results, Kentyman. I ordered four pair of Vernon's from Amazon once so that I could find the right size.
Edited by OptoDoc - 11/1/13 at 3:19pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 second ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › The Architecture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › What's your porn name? 8 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)