Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/4/15 at 4:35pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2196
Styleforum Top Picks
In my opinion single vs double depends on how you view shell. I view it as a super rugged piece if armor on my feet. Double soles make it more tank like. Others see it as a high quality dress leather, and single soles are better for dress shoes arguably. Neither is wrong. Just depends on your philosophy.
Btw I think my shell neumoks just cleared inspection since I got the follow up invoice and charged.
What would be the difference between the shell neumoks and the cambridge other than the fact that it is unlined? Same last and pattern right?
sorry. I got an urge due to recent posts above.
In other news: Just got what I thought were seconds grey long branches for $170 (included a 15% off rediscover america honor) Invoice said Shipping from: 1st quality warehouse Honor RDA sale. Very pleased so far. My first AE boots and they seem very nice. Much thicker leather and more cushion on the insole.
Indeed, and the Shelton is a fine looking shoe. I like the rounded edge they give the sole on both it and the Polo. At the end of the day, if he has it redone with the rounded edge, then they will essentially just look like Shelton's. Therefore, it's easy to see what they'll look like. No mystery.
This pair of navy blue suede MacNeils that has been on eBay since at least August, is apparently cursed. I think it was bought at least three times in the past couple of months, but apparently each new owner just keeps sending it back. They are really great shoes so I am not sure what's the reason.
Probably from the disappointment it wasn't Genuine Horween Shell Cordovan Suede...
Banff slippers arrived today. These are definitely the nicest slippers I've worn. Could easily make a quick trip to the market in them without catching any dirty looks. Sizing is spot on. Only thing I'd change is to make the heel of the shoe about 1/4" to 1/2" taller.
A Steal at $59.
Hidden (Click to show)
I talked with online chat about which size to get. We couldn't decide between 4 different size/width combinations. He urged me to order all 4 and return the other 3. I questioned if that was most efficient for them and he said "We want you to have the right fit." I'll be getting back to you on which one actually was right for me. I suspect it won't be TTS as yours were, according to the reviews.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › The small feet thread: sharing sizing and fits, and where to get... 36 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 10 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 17 minutes ago
- › Good alterations tailor in singapore 21 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...