or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2189

post #32821 of 43066
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post


Yeah that's a good point about a brown PA(and FA?) working in pretty much every situation that would call for a black PA. I also already have a half brogue in a dark color (the burgundy Sanfords). 

When you say the Magnannis aren't as "nice" as the PAs - are we talking mostly about bologna construction vs goodyear welting or the quality of the leather? I think I actually like the shape of the Magnannis more for a plain cap toe than the PAs, though I'm not sure they'll ever be as comfortable. I'm also not sure they're really worth $130.


No brown Parks, but I have the option of a Brooks FA in Brown. Basically, if I'm going Brown + Walnut, I can decide which is a Strand and which is a Fifth Ave. I pretty much have to choose between two of the following:

Black PA
Brown FA
Walnut FA
Brown Strand
Walnut Strand
(all BB seconds)

When I say "nice" I was talking about leather soles, goodyear construction, and other details. I can't speak to the quality of the leather, but I'm assuming it's higher end. I suppose "nice" wasn't the right word. "Higher-end" is probably a better way to think about it. I briefly checked them out on the Nordstrom website, so if I'm incorrect on any of that, apologies.

From that list, I'd go brown FA and Walnut Strand if I was choosing for myself. People will disagree, but I don't think there are many practical difference btw brown FA vs PA in terms of situations where you would wear one vs. the other.
post #32822 of 43066
Any AE suggestions for someone new to loafers, for a business environment? Looking for something contemporary. Thanks
post #32823 of 43066

AE doesn't have a current plain cap-toe blucher/derby, does it?

post #32824 of 43066

Closest thing would probably be the Clifton or the RL Slaton

post #32825 of 43066

Do you guys think it would be possible to somehow color the red brick sole of the black eagle county to black? I dont know why they chose red. Its the most affordable AE boot for me right now ($139 seconds) and I love the look of the bayfield but dont want to pay MTO for it. Am I SOL?

post #32826 of 43066
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

Do you guys think it would be possible to somehow color the red brick sole of the black eagle county to black? I dont know why they chose red. Its the most affordable AE boot for me right now ($139 seconds) and I love the look of the bayfield but dont want to pay MTO for it. Am I SOL?
I thought the Bayfield was just on sale at Lands End? Maybe that is done.
post #32827 of 43066
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I thought the Bayfield was just on sale at Lands End? Maybe that is done.

I scooped a pair on Lands End a couple weeks ago at a screaming hot price!  They're still on sale, but about $60 more than I paid...and I just checked - only 3 sizes available.  BTW I think there was some concern expressed here that they might be inferior quality or something, hence the reason they were flushing them out. Mine are pristine, and fit amazingly!  The mini-lug sole is exactly what the Dr ordered...love them.

post #32828 of 43066
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post
 

I scooped a pair on Lands End a couple weeks ago at a screaming hot price!  They're still on sale, but about $60 more than I paid...and I just checked - only 3 sizes available.  BTW I think there was some concern expressed here that they might be inferior quality or something, hence the reason they were flushing them out. Mine are pristine, and fit amazingly!  The mini-lug sole is exactly what the Dr ordered...love them.

How were you able to get them at a further discount than what's offered now?

post #32829 of 43066
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralW View Post
 

How were you able to get them at a further discount than what's offered now?

HellifIknow?  When I ordered they were $225Cdn or so, and while I was waiting for mine to arrive, I went back online and looked...they were up to $285Cdn...and I see they're still $285Cdn.  Luck of the draw?  I just happened to read on this thread that they had a sale on them, logged in and snapped up a pair.  Seems now that my timing was impeccable!  Now I just need the weather to change...haha.

post #32830 of 43066
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post
 

HellifIknow?  When I ordered they were $225Cdn or so, and while I was waiting for mine to arrive, I went back online and looked...they were up to $285Cdn...and I see they're still $285Cdn.  Luck of the draw?  I just happened to read on this thread that they had a sale on them, logged in and snapped up a pair.  Seems now that my timing was impeccable!  Now I just need the weather to change...haha.

I see, I thought you had a coupon or something, I'm definitely jealous. At the current price I'm better off getting Long Branch seconds. Post pics when you wear them!

post #32831 of 43066
0-2 on shell so far.

Last week, brown cordovan Patriot webgems failed inspection, this week resulted in the same for the webgem brown cordovan Jeffersons.

However, my burgundy cordovan Daltons may be shipping any day now. Fingers crossed.
post #32832 of 43066
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralW View Post
 

How were you able to get them at a further discount than what's offered now?

 

Lands End was running a 25% off all shoes sale, which applied to already discounted prices (thus the bayfields going down from  280 to 220 cdn)

post #32833 of 43066

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but before I wear my Long Branch boots what should I put on them for protection?

post #32834 of 43066
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
 

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but before I wear my Long Branch boots what should I put on them for protection?

 

You can use obenaufs.

post #32835 of 43066
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmtttt View Post

Lands End was running a 25% off all shoes sale, which applied to already discounted prices (thus the bayfields going down from  280 to 220 cdn)

That's it! I knew someone would chime in. Works for me!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread