or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2186

post #32776 of 49666

Now, Nordstrom sends my third replacement out for the Park Avenues that were defective.They sent me a pair of black Cliftons by accident. I am going to lose my mind. 

post #32777 of 49666

Hey everyone,

 

I found some AE boots on eBay that are seconds and have a tear through the leather towards the top of the tongue, is it fixable at all? Doesn't have to necessarily look too pretty.

post #32778 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Those of you living in the NYC area, Paul will be at the new store on west 34th street on monday 11/4 from 5-7. If you haven't gotten a notification from the store, you should certainly contact them… could be worth it!

I didn't know there was a store 34th street. Is it new/open already?
post #32779 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

I didn't know there was a store 34th street. Is it new/open already?

Yeah, it's rather tucked away. Just opened about a year ago, I think...
post #32780 of 49666

PSA: Neumoks in Blue in certain sizes are available on Amazon for $199 http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Mens-Neumok-Lace-Up/dp/B006WEHNYO?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelalerts-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B006WEHNYO

Receive a 20% discount code off your first shoe purchase from Amazon if you sign up for the following newsletter: http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5637565011

post #32781 of 49666

Hi Team,

 

Would prefer the Portland or Bayfield in brown cordovan?

I wear an E width in the 1-last, so I'm afraid the Bayfield might be too bulbous as it is relatively wide in its D width already.

post #32782 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post
 

PSA: Neumoks in Blue in certain sizes are available on Amazon for $199 http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Mens-Neumok-Lace-Up/dp/B006WEHNYO?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelalerts-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B006WEHNYO

Receive a 20% discount code off your first shoe purchase from Amazon if you sign up for the following newsletter: http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5637565011

I'm confused, the pictures for Brown show both suede and leather versions?

post #32783 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

PSA: Neumoks in Blue in certain sizes are available on Amazon for $199 http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Mens-Neumok-Lace-Up/dp/B006WEHNYO?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelalerts-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B006WEHNYO
Receive a 20% discount code off your first shoe purchase from Amazon if you sign up for the following newsletter: http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5637565011

Thanks for the heads up. I'd buy a red pair but Amazon doesn't understand they are made in America and are trying to charge $67 in import fees to Canada.
post #32784 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralW View Post

I'm confused, the pictures for Brown show both suede and leather versions?

Yes, there is both a brown suede and brown leather version.

Edit: I see what you mean now. The leather version mistakenly has 1 pic of the snuff suede shoe.
post #32785 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post
 

AE thread folks, I need your help.

 

I found these Magnannis at Nordstrom Rack the other day for $130:

 

http://www.shermanbrothers.com/images/mg/mg-13347-blls.jpg

 

They're Bologna construction; leather soled. Beautiful shoes - prettier than Park Aves IMHO - though from what I understand not quite A-E level quality-wise.

 

 

I have a yet-unworn pair of Brooks Park Ave seconds I got last month from the 2/$250 thing. I talked to A-E's Jville store, and they'll let me send them back in exchange for another pair of closeout seconds. Other than these two black shoes, I have:

 

A-E/Brooks Walnut 5ths

A-E Burgundy Sanfords (blucher brogues)

 

 

Alternative A: keep the Magnannis; swap the Park Aves for Brooks Brown Strands, giving me a shoe in every color. Basically I'd be paying $130 to downgrade from PAs to the Magnanni oxford and get a pair of Strands seconds.

 

Alternative B: keep the PAs, return the Magnannis - save a nice chunk of change and end up with a higher quality black shoe; hold out for brown until the next AE sale.

Alternative B. Return Magnannis ASAP. Next, consider how often you'd actually be wearing black cap-toes. If not so often, then swap your Park Avs for a pair of Strands. In terms of color/models, my preference would be as follows:

1. Walnut Strand

2. Brown Fifth Avenue

3. Burgundy Sanford 

This said though, you will only have cap-toes in your rotation. Honestly, I'd probably swap Fifth Avenue for a pair of Short- or Long Wing Bluchers. 

post #32786 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post


Thanks for the heads up. I'd buy a red pair but Amazon doesn't understand they are made in America and are trying to charge $67 in import fees to Canada.

Call them. They should be able to fix this for you manually.

post #32787 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

I didn't know there was a store 34th street. Is it new/open already?

Located on west 43rd
post #32788 of 49666
Anyone know when allen edmonds are having a factory second again?
post #32789 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

Alternative B. Return Magnannis ASAP. Next, consider how often you'd actually be wearing black cap-toes. If not so often, then swap your Park Avs for a pair of Strands. In terms of color/models, my preference would be as follows:

1. Walnut Strand

2. Brown Fifth Avenue

3. Burgundy Sanford 

This said though, you will only have cap-toes in your rotation. Honestly, I'd probably swap Fifth Avenue for a pair of Short- or Long Wing Bluchers. 

 

Thanks for the input! Any reason you say the bolded? Are they really that much lower on the quality totem pole?

 

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Honestly I feel like I need to keep black plain oxfords sort of by default, but I'd really rather have a pair of brown wingtips, with Strands being the next best alternative. I wear dress shoes to work 5 days a week (and they'll be worn sometimes on weekends with jeans or chinos, which is another plus for the Strands), but I rarely if ever need to wear a black suit. They [black cap-toes] are just very convenient to have around and I don't have a single pair.

 

If I return the mags, I might just swap the Park Aves anyways and pick up a cheap pair of rubber soled black cap toes as a backup shoe/for wet days.

post #32790 of 49666
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Call them. They should be able to fix this for you manually.

Thanks for the tip. I signed up and received my coupon over 30 days ago though so it's expired and I'll pass. Shouldn't be spending right now anyway.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread