or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2185

post #32761 of 48288

Did some work on my shell shoes last night while watching the World Series. Forgot to grab the Color 8 PCT boots for the family shot.

 

 

L-R

 

Old burgundy Leeds

Color 8 Chukka

Dark Brown Patriot

Cappuccino Leeds

Old burgundy MacNeil

post #32762 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Did some work on my shell shoes last night while watching the World Series. Forgot to grab the Color 8 PCT boots for the family shot.




L-R

Old burgundy Leeds
Color 8 Chukka
Dark Brown Patriot
Cappuccino Leeds
Old burgundy MacNeil
Can you explain what you mean by "work". I wish I could get my AE to look like that.
post #32763 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Can you explain what you mean by "work". I wish I could get my AE to look like that.

You can! It requires a lot of brushing, some conditioner, more brushing and buffing. It takes a few sessions but can happen.

I lost a long PM to you last night. Will try and re-type later today
post #32764 of 48288
Those Color 8 Chukkas are Alden, no?i only see 2 eyelets
post #32765 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Can you explain what you mean by "work". I wish I could get my AE to look like that.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


You can! It requires a lot of brushing, some conditioner, more brushing and buffing. It takes a few sessions but can happen.

I lost a long PM to you last night. Will try and re-type later today

 

 

Exactly! Brushing, renovateur and/or VSC. Just my unscientific conclusion but I feel that my AE's take to VSC better and my Alden take to Renovateur better. However, both need brushing and a final buff with a microfiber cloth. Maybe two or three minutes per shoe (at most).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Those Color 8 Chukkas are Alden, no?i only see 2 eyelets

 

Good eye, I meant to mention that.

post #32766 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

You can! It requires a lot of brushing, some conditioner, more brushing and buffing. It takes a few sessions but can happen.

I lost a long PM to you last night. Will try and re-type later today

I don't have the conditioner part of that equation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Those Color 8 Chukkas are Alden, no?i only see 2 eyelets

Look like Alden to me!
post #32767 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I don't have the conditioner part of that equation.
Look like Alden to me!

VSC, Renovateour and cordovan cream will cost you like $75. Well worth having all around.
post #32768 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

VSC, Renovateour and cordovan cream will cost you like $75. Well worth having all around.
I had an order together at the hanger project with Renovateour, cordovan cream and a deer bone. I chickened out because I am afraid to put anything on my shells.
post #32769 of 48288
BTW I thought for sure someone would have snapped up my cappuccino PTBs before I got a chance to think twice about it...
post #32770 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

BTW I thought for sure someone would have snapped up my cappuccino PTBs before I got a chance to think twice about it...

Are they for sale?
post #32771 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Are they for sale?
Sure are. 8D.
post #32772 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Can you explain what you mean by "work". I wish I could get my AE to look like that.

 

Yeah, if you were getting rid of your AE cordovan because you couldn't get them to shine then you should read the mac method ;)

post #32773 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Yeah, if you were getting rid of your AE cordovan because you couldn't get them to shine then you should read the mac method wink.gif
Haha, thanks. I use the Mac method on all my shell.
post #32774 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Haha, thanks. I use the Mac method on all my shell.

Is there a method for calf??

post #32775 of 48288
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd2121 View Post

Is there a method for calf??

I'm definitely interested in the PATRICK method for calfskin...

(My name too, incidentally)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread