or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2182

post #32716 of 47004

Shell gunboats on a Monday (Macneils). Raised my pants a bit:

 

 

pObga4d.jpg

post #32717 of 47004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansto View Post
 

 

You going to be at game 5 tonight?

Negative. If they won last night, yes, but am tapped out financially for another possible repeat of last night. There have been rumblings of a St. Louis SF meetup though if you're around...

post #32718 of 47004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post
 

Negative. If they won last night, yes, but am tapped out financially for another possible repeat of last night. There have been rumblings of a St. Louis SF meetup though if you're around...

I'm down for that.

 

I was lucky enough to go to the game with a business associate from CA last night (tough way to lose a WS game). He flies out today, so he gave me a pair of tickets for today's game, as well.

post #32719 of 47004
Quote:
Originally Posted by billabong View Post
 

 

Hey guy, is that promotion 2 for $250 happenning during the year or only some occasions?

I have the Neumora in black and I love it, it's on the 333 last, so a little narrower and chiseled off than the 5 last (what your park & strand's are made on) but I love the fir personally.

 

Going into fall the mctavish is always a good choice, but it's a thicker cow hide so it runs about a 1/2 size big, order smaller if you're on the fence, and it also has a double oak sole, so it's not as flexible, but that shoe is built like a brick house, so it can take a beating, great for chilly/wet fall mornings.

 

the long branch is great if you need a rugged, purely casual boot that will last a long time, get the same size.  it's built a little roomier but you'll also most likely have a medium weight to thicker sock on when it's cold out

post #32720 of 47004
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmade View Post
 

I have the Neumora in black and I love it, it's on the 333 last, so a little narrower and chiseled off than the 5 last (what your park & strand's are made on) but I love the fir personally.

 

Going into fall the mctavish is always a good choice, but it's a thicker cow hide so it runs about a 1/2 size big, order smaller if you're on the fence, and it also has a double oak sole, so it's not as flexible, but that shoe is built like a brick house, so it can take a beating, great for chilly/wet fall mornings.

 

the long branch is great if you need a rugged, purely casual boot that will last a long time, get the same size.  it's built a little roomier but you'll also most likely have a medium weight to thicker sock on when it's cold out

Thank you very much for your input. I would've snagged all three at $125 a pair but those styles weren't available back then when I ordered...decisions decisions.

post #32721 of 47004

If you don't have a boot, you should grab the branch. You'll find yourself reaching for them more often than you thought.

I bought the daltons and I wear them as much as possible. I almost exclusively wear boots now, including for work.

I might have to keep this up in the summer unless they get too hot!

post #32722 of 47004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post


It's not discontinued:



But I'd also like to know the difference between regular walnut and walnut cloud....

Walnut cloud seems to be more of a "splotchy" burnishing job with more of the color variation throughout the whole shoe, vs regular walnut where the burnishing is more heavily targeted on the toe, and quarters.

 

the walnut cloud is the standard walnut for the park ave.  if you want the park ave in the more traditional burnishing similar to, say... the walnut kenilworth, you would have to get it as a Special Make Up/custom order

post #32723 of 47004

Guys,

 

I picked up a pair of McAllister's a while back and they are almost feeling broken in.  I also grabbed a pair of Blue Neumok's recently and have been wearing them barefoot.  They feel very good and are unlined which, I guess, makes them breathable.  I was wondering if I could wear the McAllister's without socks as well, but they are lined?  Any reason not to other than looking like a doosh??   

 

Sincerely,

Kevin

post #32724 of 47004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd2121 View Post
 

Guys,

 

I picked up a pair of McAllister's a while back and they are almost feeling broken in.  I also grabbed a pair of Blue Neumok's recently and have been wearing them barefoot.  They feel very good and are unlined which, I guess, makes them breathable.  I was wondering if I could wear the McAllister's without socks as well, but they are lined?  Any reason not to other than looking like a doosh??   

 

Sincerely,

Kevin

swamp foot???

 

that's a recipe for sweat-stained leather lining. do a light dusting with gold-bond powder first, or get some stealth "no-show" loafer socks.

 

good luck!

post #32725 of 47004

^^ I second the 'no show' loafer socks!

post #32726 of 47004
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post
 

swamp foot???

 

that's a recipe for sweat-stained leather lining. do a light dusting with gold-bond powder first, or get some stealth "no-show" loafer socks.

 

good luck!

Ok, thanks for this.  I figured there was a reason not to be bareshoed with a lining :)

post #32727 of 47004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd2121 View Post
 

Ok, thanks for this.  I figured there was a reason not to be bareshoed with a lining :)

 

I'd bet that your Neumok's would fare much better in the long run if you wore loafer socks with them as well.

post #32728 of 47004

Just noticed the Jos A Bank rack is one level/ 4 shoes = $35, the Home Depot is two level/6 shoes = $39.  The picture on Jos A Banks Website shows two of the racks stacked, which they can do, but the price is for only one.  Needing more storage for my collection - First world problem....

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

 

PSA:  Home Depot online has these two tiered cedar ones that are stackable for $39 (fits 6 pairs of shoes- 3 pairs each tier).- http://www.homedepot.com/p/Two-Tier-Aromatic-Cedar-Shoe-Rack-A122/203664984#.UmVAuvmsiSo

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

 

Can anyone speak to how they compare with these from Jos. A. Bank?

post #32729 of 47004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post
 

 

I'd bet that your Neumok's would fare much better in the long run if you wore loafer socks with them as well.

Will do.

post #32730 of 47004
Cappuccino Leeds on maiden voyage.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread