Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 7/21/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2178
Styles mentioned in this thread:
A few pages ago someone was talking about lightening up a pair of brown calf. It got me thinking that there is a color gap in AE's brown offerings. I have two pair (Strand and McAllister) in walnut which are stunning and I love them. I also have a McAllister in merlot and I love that color too. I'm picking up a pair of dark chocolate Daltons next week and think that color is great. However, I've been wanting something in a brown in between walnut and brown. Other makers often call this antique brown, cognac, chestnut or something like that. Chili is too red and bourbon isn't really the answer either IMO. Something like this...
Courtesy of: http://edetal.sg/shop/cityhall-antique-brown/
versus AE dark brown:
I thought maybe it was just my monitor making these "other brown" leathers look something other than a standard brown but I've seen some of them in real life that have this tone. I've seen all of the AE colors in real life as well and the brown is dark and (to me) a bit plain. Some of the shell colors like cappuccino and walnut might fill this void but they are no longer available.
What about bourbon. Shade varies. I find it to be a good mid point between walnut and dark brown. I have a couple of pairs and like the color quite a bit.
A few pages ago someone was talking about lightening up a pair of brown calf. It got me thinking that there is a color gap in AE's brown offerings. I have two pair (Strand and McAllister) in walnut which are stunning and I love them. I also have a McAllister in merlot and I love that color too. I'm picking up a pair of dark chocolate Daltons next week and think that color is great. However, I've been wanting something in a brown in between walnut and brown.
Look at the brown (not distressed) ashbury's... I think it is the shade you are looking for... I can post a picture tomorrow in between walnut & AE brown, but it's in between... You would have to have to do a MTO, but the colors right
Guy was charging 40 for the just the soles. They were made in italy though. /sigh
I ended up paying 50 each to have them retrofitted with pretty gnarly lugged rubber soles. Not sure how he's putting them on but I'm certain he's not stitching the soles on. Sigh.
I don't live close to coolidge but I might have to make that trip. 100 dollars to get 2 boots resoled is a bit much. I'll see how much he charges if I bring my vibram soles in. The place I went to was in beacon hill. The place I went to in Davis square near my apt charged about 30 bucks for new heels.
Do you remember what the place in coolidge was called? Alton place maybe? I found that on yelp after a quick search.
May have been Alton. It's in a basement. Not surprised you ended up paying that much in Beacon Hill. Not a far walk from the BC line if i recall.
Patrick, your offer is very generous. I am constantly amazed by the goodwill of people on this board. However, I just saw this post and have already purchased 4oz through Amazon Prime last night.
I appreciate the sentiment, though. You're a gentleman and a scholar.
You can order them from any AE store, including JVille. However, those tanger coupons can only be used for full price non-closeout factory 2nds.
Hmmm....I was told no firsts, and not stackable with sale prices. Maybe I'm not in the "in" crowd yet. LOL
Having said that, Kristle has always provided excellent service, so I would definitely recommend placing an order through her (or another helpful associate you've worked with) rather than the web site. Give someone a nice commission that way...
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What shoes for walking around town? 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › OUR LEGACY Polka Dot Flannel Jumbo Shirt 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)