Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2157
Styleforum Top Picks
I see they are 11.5D... too bad they didnt end up with a minor defect. I would have been all over those once they hit the shoe bank!
I honestly don't like the light welt look on the macneils people have been doing lately. It makes the shoe look overly casual in my opinion. It also makes the shoe appear much wider. Any man here with a wife will tell you that darker colors are slimming, and the macneil needs slimming IMO.
The lighter welt looks great on pretty much any other model though, just not the Macneils... But lots of people think they are gorgeous so maybe I'm crazy.
I could see that. They definitely are more of a casual shoe with that welt and the eyelets I think. There's nothing wrong with contrasting the look a bit. Casual with classic and Slim shoes looking a little wider. Don't we usually offset things a little in any garment?
It's possible they reserved a few sets of shell per previous order in case of remakes, but I'm just guessing.
+1. I also think the MacNeil is too pointy. I wished they had a 1 last LWB. I was so tempted to get a MacNeil MTO. I had to take a 45 min drive to SFO to try it on and I'm glad I did because it just didn't work for me.
I like the fact that it's a bit slimmer looking compared to other LWB's. Some LWB's (Alden, for instance) look blobby, to me. That look is compounded with smaller, wider feet, as well.
Vey glad they reserved some additional shells just in case. Now the real question...Can you buy them as 2nds???
My bet is that they will bring back the rare shell colors sooner or later. Allen Edmonds is a company, they use principles of compliance (in this case the principle of scarcity) to convince people to buy their product just like any other successful company would.
Through this thread and the help of Allison and her killer deals this thread is utilizing the consensus principle (everyone else is doing it, so I should too). We see each others MTO pics, or pics of other shoes and we want to buy them more.
When you go to a shoe store, and the salesman asks you if you would like to try anything on... in the back of their minds they know that if they can get you to try something on the odds of you agreeing to a much larger commitment increase very significantly.
Allen Edmonds is a business and they want to make as much money as possible, if that means making everyone think that cappuccino shell is gone and never coming back, then they will do that. I doubt they have ran out of it at all, and even if they have stopped carrying it for the time being, they will likely be carrying it again (or some similar color with a new snazzy name) soon.
I agree that they might bring it back sometime, but I don't agree with the speculation that they still have some cappuccino or other rare shells.
Currently there is a shortage of shell cordovan and obtaining shell in lighter colors is more difficult due to the properties of the material. I'd say that AE likely doesn't have much, if any left. It's most likely to me that shell cordovan is at an all time high price to obtain the material and the rare colors are even more so and the price point doesn't currently match the value/quality proposition that AE's business model is built for.
Of course, this shell shortage could also be some colluded propaganda created by shoe manufacturers around the world in order to raise prices, but that would be so far fetched, but much more interesting
Shell Cordovan manufacturers are the new diamond cartel, lol
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Shopping in Paris and Milan 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina GMTO 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan