Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2157
Styleforum Top Picks
I see they are 11.5D... too bad they didnt end up with a minor defect. I would have been all over those once they hit the shoe bank!
I honestly don't like the light welt look on the macneils people have been doing lately. It makes the shoe look overly casual in my opinion. It also makes the shoe appear much wider. Any man here with a wife will tell you that darker colors are slimming, and the macneil needs slimming IMO.
The lighter welt looks great on pretty much any other model though, just not the Macneils... But lots of people think they are gorgeous so maybe I'm crazy.
I could see that. They definitely are more of a casual shoe with that welt and the eyelets I think. There's nothing wrong with contrasting the look a bit. Casual with classic and Slim shoes looking a little wider. Don't we usually offset things a little in any garment?
It's possible they reserved a few sets of shell per previous order in case of remakes, but I'm just guessing.
+1. I also think the MacNeil is too pointy. I wished they had a 1 last LWB. I was so tempted to get a MacNeil MTO. I had to take a 45 min drive to SFO to try it on and I'm glad I did because it just didn't work for me.
I like the fact that it's a bit slimmer looking compared to other LWB's. Some LWB's (Alden, for instance) look blobby, to me. That look is compounded with smaller, wider feet, as well.
Vey glad they reserved some additional shells just in case. Now the real question...Can you buy them as 2nds???
My bet is that they will bring back the rare shell colors sooner or later. Allen Edmonds is a company, they use principles of compliance (in this case the principle of scarcity) to convince people to buy their product just like any other successful company would.
Through this thread and the help of Allison and her killer deals this thread is utilizing the consensus principle (everyone else is doing it, so I should too). We see each others MTO pics, or pics of other shoes and we want to buy them more.
When you go to a shoe store, and the salesman asks you if you would like to try anything on... in the back of their minds they know that if they can get you to try something on the odds of you agreeing to a much larger commitment increase very significantly.
Allen Edmonds is a business and they want to make as much money as possible, if that means making everyone think that cappuccino shell is gone and never coming back, then they will do that. I doubt they have ran out of it at all, and even if they have stopped carrying it for the time being, they will likely be carrying it again (or some similar color with a new snazzy name) soon.
I agree that they might bring it back sometime, but I don't agree with the speculation that they still have some cappuccino or other rare shells.
Currently there is a shortage of shell cordovan and obtaining shell in lighter colors is more difficult due to the properties of the material. I'd say that AE likely doesn't have much, if any left. It's most likely to me that shell cordovan is at an all time high price to obtain the material and the rare colors are even more so and the price point doesn't currently match the value/quality proposition that AE's business model is built for.
Of course, this shell shortage could also be some colluded propaganda created by shoe manufacturers around the world in order to raise prices, but that would be so far fetched, but much more interesting
Shell Cordovan manufacturers are the new diamond cartel, lol
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 35 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...