Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2157
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I see they are 11.5D... too bad they didnt end up with a minor defect. I would have been all over those once they hit the shoe bank!
I honestly don't like the light welt look on the macneils people have been doing lately. It makes the shoe look overly casual in my opinion. It also makes the shoe appear much wider. Any man here with a wife will tell you that darker colors are slimming, and the macneil needs slimming IMO.
The lighter welt looks great on pretty much any other model though, just not the Macneils... But lots of people think they are gorgeous so maybe I'm crazy.
I could see that. They definitely are more of a casual shoe with that welt and the eyelets I think. There's nothing wrong with contrasting the look a bit. Casual with classic and Slim shoes looking a little wider. Don't we usually offset things a little in any garment?
It's possible they reserved a few sets of shell per previous order in case of remakes, but I'm just guessing.
+1. I also think the MacNeil is too pointy. I wished they had a 1 last LWB. I was so tempted to get a MacNeil MTO. I had to take a 45 min drive to SFO to try it on and I'm glad I did because it just didn't work for me.
I like the fact that it's a bit slimmer looking compared to other LWB's. Some LWB's (Alden, for instance) look blobby, to me. That look is compounded with smaller, wider feet, as well.
Vey glad they reserved some additional shells just in case. Now the real question...Can you buy them as 2nds???
My bet is that they will bring back the rare shell colors sooner or later. Allen Edmonds is a company, they use principles of compliance (in this case the principle of scarcity) to convince people to buy their product just like any other successful company would.
Through this thread and the help of Allison and her killer deals this thread is utilizing the consensus principle (everyone else is doing it, so I should too). We see each others MTO pics, or pics of other shoes and we want to buy them more.
When you go to a shoe store, and the salesman asks you if you would like to try anything on... in the back of their minds they know that if they can get you to try something on the odds of you agreeing to a much larger commitment increase very significantly.
Allen Edmonds is a business and they want to make as much money as possible, if that means making everyone think that cappuccino shell is gone and never coming back, then they will do that. I doubt they have ran out of it at all, and even if they have stopped carrying it for the time being, they will likely be carrying it again (or some similar color with a new snazzy name) soon.
I agree that they might bring it back sometime, but I don't agree with the speculation that they still have some cappuccino or other rare shells.
Currently there is a shortage of shell cordovan and obtaining shell in lighter colors is more difficult due to the properties of the material. I'd say that AE likely doesn't have much, if any left. It's most likely to me that shell cordovan is at an all time high price to obtain the material and the rare colors are even more so and the price point doesn't currently match the value/quality proposition that AE's business model is built for.
Of course, this shell shortage could also be some colluded propaganda created by shoe manufacturers around the world in order to raise prices, but that would be so far fetched, but much more interesting
Shell Cordovan manufacturers are the new diamond cartel, lol
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Left Field NYC Clothing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW14 Shirts - Homespun CPO & Khaki Houndstooth... 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 6 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...