or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2104

post #31546 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post


I would confirm this. If you want a specific welt it would suck to get a type of welt you didn't want on an MTO.

I meant that I didn't think I did, but Allison asked me :). I went with the Chili welt.

post #31547 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBear View Post

If it were me with this choice, I'd ignore the flaw and ignore the price and imagine both shoes sitting next to my other shoes and make the decision based on which one I a) want most and b) 'need' most.

Good advice. As I already have a black chukka (albeit with a lug Vibram sole), I will stick with the Leeds. I'll save my first MTO for something unique. (Did anyone else feel like they were buying drugs when they called Allison for the first time? "Um, yeah, some people on SF said you were the one I should talk to....).
post #31548 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post


Why is it that when I see a shell shoe on it's first wear out in the real world they already have rolls?  How much wear does it take before the rolls appear?
Edit
post #31549 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post


Why is it that when I see a shell shoe on it's first wear out in the real world they already have rolls?  How much wear does it take before the rolls appear?
Double post
post #31550 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

Got an email late today notifying me that my webgem shell cordovan Jeffersons shipped today. Woo Hoo. Can't wait. I will post pics as soon as they arrive.

How long ago did you place your order? Mine only rang up last week and then yesterday I had the shoe size adjusted so I know I must wait several more weeks before they ship. Hopefully my Patriots ship on time though.

I can't wait to see your pictures!
Edited by Buddy0329 - 10/12/13 at 7:50am
post #31551 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICaniac View Post

Good advice. As I already have a black chukka (albeit with a lug Vibram sole), I will stick with the Leeds. I'll save my first MTO for something unique. (Did anyone else feel like they were buying drugs when they called Allison for the first time? "Um, yeah, some people on SF said you were the one I should talk to....).

Haha!!! Yes, I definitely did.
post #31552 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post


Why is it that when I see a shell shoe on it's first wear out in the real world they already have rolls?  How much wear does it take before the rolls appear?

I believe these shoes in question are vintage, bought used from eBay...
post #31553 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICaniac View Post

(Did anyone else feel like they were buying drugs when they called Allison for the first time? "Um, yeah, some people on SF said you were the one I should talk to....).

Allison's got the good stuff...rotflmao.gif
post #31554 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post


I got a ship confirmation tonight for the shell Jeffersons as well. Considering that I ordered them on their last day of availability, I'm kind of surprised that they are ready so quick (of course, AE did promise delivery by 10/15). I should see them on Monday.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post


How long ago did you place your order? Mine only rang up last week and then yesterday I had the shoe size adjusted so I know I must gas several more weeks before they ship. Hopefully my Patriots ship on time though

I can't wait to see your pictures!
 
I ordered mine on the very first day of their availability. When I saw a Shell Jefferson I had to have it. I love my Jeffersons and all of my Shells, so it was "Self Evident" that I had to have this shoe. (Some may get that, some may not)
 
I tracked them this morning, and they are set to arrive today. Pictures to come as soon as they show up.
post #31555 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post


Good to know. I have a feeling that I may also come into the market for walnut calf Jeffersons in the near future as well. I tried them on for size yesterday and they looked gorgeous and felt great. I already have walnut calf McAllisters but they are the wrong size 11.5D. After a whole lot of weightloss my foot had settled in to its new size, in the 5-last that's now a 10E.

If anyone needs some calf shoes in 11.5D let me know!
post #31556 of 47176

If I buy a shell Leeds with black edge, can the edges be sanded down to reveal a natural edge? I like the look of the natural more and I can get it a pretty good price now.

post #31557 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafG View Post

If I buy a shell Leeds with black edge, can the edges be sanded down to reveal a natural edge? I like the look of the natural more and I can get it a pretty good price now.
I have seen that done before, so yes it is possible. I, personally, would not try it myself.
post #31558 of 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

 

Those look great. I can't believe I got mine for $125. Still trying to decide if I want to weather proof them and let them be rugged boots or shine them up a bit like you have here.

 

BTW...what type of jeans are those?

post #31559 of 47176

Can someone explain the following terms?

 

1) Wheeled welt

2) Split welt

3) Reverse welt

 

Been seeing these terms a lot recently.

post #31560 of 47176
Per an earlier request, here are my new Rothsay boots "in the wild". A wet day in the StL...


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread