or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2087

post #31291 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

 

You quoted his post where he tells you the shoes and you ask what shoes they are...That was funny! As he states they are shell Townley's

 

I googled that and didn't come up with much.  I thought maybe a misspell or he was using slang.

 

Edit.  It was a misspelling in his post.  No biggie but I should have caught it before asking in here.  

post #31292 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Burgundy Franciscans today

 

I am really loving these Subutai. So glad I mimicked them for my recent MTO. If you keep showing pics of these I will just be jonesin' for my Shell Burgundy Franciscans even more...

post #31293 of 53316
Yes! My cappuccino Leeds are shipping today!
post #31294 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Yes! My cappuccino Leeds are shipping today!

 

Excellent! You are on quite a roll lately

post #31295 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Excellent! You are on quite a roll lately
Don't remind me! haha.
post #31296 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmtttt View Post
 

 

Strand and Fifth Avenue are on the exact same last, its a little hard to answer this question...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
 

How do the Long Branch boots fit?  I have 10.5 E in Strand, and an 11D in Fifth Ave.

 

I went to AE in downtown Chicago, was measured, and told I was a 12 E in 5 last; my (slightly long) calf Daltons are a 11.5 E and my Long Branches are 11 E, but feel (just a little) wide.  Relatively thin socks though, to this point in the season.  As Chi gets colder and socks get thicker, I think the Long Branch will be a perfect fit. Slipped an insole into the Dalton, fits great. I don't think I am a true 12 E;  maybe 11.5 D/E - i'm a "5 shoe last tweener". Sized down 1 whole size for snug fit/comfort. I am a diabetic so any shoe slipping around on my foot is a definite "no-no". Sick boot, though. Leather is like butter. Last fits are not consistent from shoe to boot to shoe. Know this.

post #31297 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSamurai View Post
 

Walnut shell Daltons at the office. 

 

Love these. I wore mine yesterday. 

There is a shop in NJ that has these unlined in stock still, in a few sizes. (If there are any rare shell lovers looking...)

Pelle Line

I got my pair there ~6 months ago. 

You can see what is available on their website.

They have them listed as brown, but I assure you they are Walnut Shell Cordovan.

post #31298 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post
 

 

 

 

I went to AE in downtown Chicago, was measured, and told I was a 12 E in 5 last; my (slightly long) calf Daltons are a 11.5 E and my Long Branches are 11 E, but feel (just a little) wide.  Relatively thin socks though, to this point in the season.  As Chi gets colder and socks get thicker, I think the Long Branch will be a perfect fit. Slipped an insole into the Dalton, fits great. I don't think I am a true 12 E;  maybe 11.5 D/E - i'm a "5 shoe last tweener". Sized down 1 whole size for snug fit/comfort. I am a diabetic so any shoe slipping around on my foot is a definite "no-no". Sick boot, though. Leather is like butter. Last fits are not consistent from shoe to boot to shoe. Know this.

Thanks.  I have the 11D in Fifth Avenue and they are a bit snug on top and on my pinkie toe, but not to the point where I can't wear them.  I got the 10.5E in the Strand and they fit well, with plenty of room....

I would be wearing the Long Branch with regular cotton socks, mainly with jeans, khaki's, etc...

post #31299 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Don't remind me! haha.

 

I'm sure your wife does that plenty already...

post #31300 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

 

Love these. I wore mine yesterday.

There is a shop in NJ that has these unlined in stock still, in a few sizes. (If there are any rare shell lovers looking...)

Pelle Line

I got my pair there ~6 months ago.

You can see what is available on their website.

They have them listed as brown, but I assure you they are Walnut Shell Cordovan.

Pretty temping. Too bad I can't afford them right now. If I went into the store, I'm sure I'd walk out with them though :)

post #31301 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I'm sure your wife does that plenty already...
I know. It's funny you should say that. I'm in the middle of getting an MTO together for her, haha. Last time I was at my AE retailer, the SA (female) we were working with had a pair of walnut Daltons made. That was all my wife needed to hear! I figured the RDA event was the perfect time to get a pair made and see how she likes them.
post #31302 of 53316

I'm going to say no to burgundy shell/calf Patriots.  New question: brown calf patriot firsts for $200 flat, or brown shell patriot seconds for $315?

post #31303 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post

I'm going to say no to burgundy shell/calf Patriots.  New question: brown calf patriot firsts for $200 flat, or brown shell patriot seconds for $315?
For me; I'd pony up the $115 for shell.
post #31304 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
 

Thanks.  I have the 11D in Fifth Avenue and they are a bit snug on top and on my pinkie toe, but not to the point where I can't wear them.  I got the 10.5E in the Strand and they fit well, with plenty of room....

I would be wearing the Long Branch with regular cotton socks, mainly with jeans, khaki's, etc...

 

Rpearlberg, I've found that D's in most lasts (returned McClains, Player's Shoe in 11.5 D) murder my baby toe - if they don't, they're usually too long or hug the top of my foot too tight as well. I've not tried each last, but I haven't found one that fits well in D width.  For boots i'd most def up the width one size (not always an option with shoemakers), try on during the evening, and see what's what - if that's an option for you. This may need to be adjusted for seconds you find...

I have grown fond of the Long Branches in grey - I feel like I've captured an elephant and fashioned boots from its hide!!! :decisions: 

post #31305 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post
 

I'm going to say no to burgundy shell/calf Patriots.  New question: brown calf patriot firsts for $200 flat, or brown shell patriot seconds for $315?

shell

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread