or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2084

post #31246 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan142 View Post

Just received my cappuccino shell Mcallister 2nds and am a bit disappointed. Shoe looks great, but one pair has pretty glaring fold and discoloration as evident in the pics below. Is this something that can be fixed? Would return these but cappuccino is hard to find at the moment. Would appreciate your thoughts, thanks.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

Those look pretty bad. I would return and maybe even contest the $10 restocking fee. I don't think those should even be seconds. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post


I have two "tab" shell cordovan belts. The tabs are basically the places where they sew the pieces of shell together.

I also have polished cobbler (corrected grain) belts for use with suits, since the cordovan belts are more casual.

 

Thanks. I'll have to check them out in store. 

post #31247 of 46573

What he said.  Those are more like thirds or fourths!  I have five or six pairs of seconds and none of them are even remotely close to that :(

post #31248 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

I'd recommend 10.5e for you.

That's exactly what I did. At one point the AE manager and I talked about maybe getting 11E's to support thicker socks, but I thought better of going too much bigger, hopefully I don't regret it.

I came away with three very different shoes in this buying spree: Patriots, Jefferson, and Daltons. I'm pretty excited by the fact that they are all shell cordovan. I can't wait until they begin to trickle in from the factory.

Hopefully between my burgundy calf Patriots and soon to arrive brown shell Patriots that will suffice for a temporary rotation until I can wear a full complement of lace-ups again.
post #31249 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBear View Post

Not sure what you mean by already having Daltons then asking about chocolate or black. The 5th street are pretty dressy and I wouldn't wear them with jeans, especially not in black. If you have Daltons, then I think I'd suggest the Dundee for variety - maybe there are seconds available in your size. The options narrow fast when you ask for black boots for work and you already have Daltons. The options are basically Dalton, 5th Street, and Dundee shell looking at the AE web site unless your work is casual enough that you can get away with the Promontory Point.

I have the daltons in walnut.

I dint think I like the point. I'd have loved the shaker heights in black. AE doesn't have much for high utility in black boots. Bummer.
post #31250 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I have the daltons in walnut.

I dint think I like the point. I'd have loved the shaker heights in black. AE doesn't have much for high utility in black boots. Bummer.

Why not do an MTO thru Allison for the black Shakers? If that's what you really want...
post #31251 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Why not do an MTO thru Allison for the black Shakers? If that's what you really want...

 

Intriguing...

post #31252 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan142 View Post

Just received my cappuccino shell Mcallister 2nds and am a bit disappointed. Shoe looks great, but one pair has pretty glaring fold and discoloration as evident in the pics below. Is this something that can be fixed? Would return these but cappuccino is hard to find at the moment. Would appreciate your thoughts, thanks.



 

I'd return those. I couldn't get past that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb06 View Post
 

What he said.  Those are more like thirds or fourths!  I have five or six pairs of seconds and none of them are even remotely close to that :(

Agreed. The only obvious pair of seconds that I've gotten was not even close to that bad.

post #31253 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post
 

Appreciate if someone can explain the number on the side of the shoes.  Does AE keep a serial number on the shoes?

 

 

Anyone ????

post #31254 of 46573

My new Bayfields just arrived.

Dark Brown Shell....

post #31255 of 46573
Those are hot $#!t. Well done!!
post #31256 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post


Anyone ????

Do you mean on the inside of the shoe? I believe it's size and model number.
post #31257 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post

My new Bayfields just arrived.
Dark Brown Shell....




You win the day. Awesome.
post #31258 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ For all the seconds on here that you can't even tell they're seconds...there is no doubt they are seconds. Bad luck of the draw.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post
 

 

 

Those look bad… real bad!

 

These look like thirds, if not fourths to me. I'd send them back first thing in the morning.

post #31259 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post
 

My new Bayfields just arrived.

Dark Brown Shell....

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Red lining.  Well done.

post #31260 of 46573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post

My new Bayfields just arrived.
Dark Brown Shell.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




awesome. love your mto's, CK

btw, does anyone know if AE make a stock version of the strand but without the medallion? basically a full brogue park avenue. cant find anything online nor on their website
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread