or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2082

post #31216 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post
 

I really hate asking fitting questions, but I am desperate.

 

The only 5 pairs of AEs I have are on the 5 last. 7.5 E to be exact.

 

Some fit advice for a pair of Calf Dundees? (1 last)

 

MUCH THANKS IN ADVANCE!

 

I'm 7.5EE on the 5 last and wear 8E on the 1 last. But, some people say they are the same on several different lasts. So, I would say you're either the same (7.5E) or 8D in the Dundee. The only way I really figured it out was to try on several pair.

post #31217 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBear View Post
 

 

Very nice. I got the same and really like them. I decided to use merlot polish on them to shift the color just slightly. Not sure if it really worked the first time but we'll see how they look with time. I'll post pics if they do noticeably change. Why were yours seconds?

 

The left shoe is slightly imbalanced (I didn't notice until I put my shoes on the shelf) and some black marks on the leather that are pretty much unnoticeable after some buffing with leather cleaner. There's some wrinkling as well but that was bound to happen. I like them a lot and for $125, a steal.

post #31218 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

I'm 7.5EE on the 5 last and wear 8E on the 1 last. But, some people say they are the same on several different lasts. So, I would say you're either the same (7.5E) or 8D in the Dundee. The only way I really figured it out was to try on several pair.
I am an 8D in the 1,5 and 7 last. The only reason I would go 8E on the 5 in the future is because of my high instep. The length and width of the shoe is perfect on all those lasts.
post #31219 of 53443
Thanks for the responses. I was offered the AE cordovan belt at the outlets, I should've just tried it on. I probably would'nt even notice the tabs when wearing, so I might just bite the bullet and pony up for it now while it's on sale. sheesh, since the shell sale, and the 2/250 (i was able to get a 3rd pair for 125) AE is killing my wallet.

btw, so jealous that a lot of you guys were able to get other shell colors for $299, i was able to get macneil's and leeds in burgundy.

Wearing my BB Macneil chili grain's for the first time today
post #31220 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRocks View Post

Thanks for the responses. I was offered the AE cordovan belt at the outlets, I should've just tried it on. I probably would'nt even notice the tabs when wearing, so I might just bite the bullet and pony up for it now while it's on sale. sheesh, since the shell sale, and the 2/250 (i was able to get a 3rd pair for 125) AE is killing my wallet.

btw, so jealous that a lot of you guys were able to get other shell colors for $299, i was able to get macneil's and leeds in burgundy.

Wearing my BB Macneil chili grain's for the first time today
I hear you. If I didn't have nearly $500 worth of MTO goods on order right now I'd be jumping all over a new burgundy shell belt for $165. Hopefully I won't kick myself too hard years down the road for skipping it.

Those MacNeils look great!
post #31221 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRocks View Post

Any reviews or opinion's on the AE cordovan tab belt? i'm not too sold on the tab design, would rather have it plain. what would be a good cordovan belt alternative to match the my AE burgundy shell's?

 

I have one of AE's burgundy cordovan belts.  I like it a lot--I'm in fact wearing it today with some Color 8 Aldens.  They are made in the US of Horween cordovan.  The width is perfect is me (somewhere between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 I'd guess).  It can be hard to find properly wide belt these days given the trend towards slimmer belts.  Mine has held up very well and required virtually no maintenance.  Keep in mind though that AE has recently deepened the color of their burgundy shell, so make sure the belt is the shade you want--the newer belts may be the darker shade.  Otherwise, I really like Kleinberg belts and they have a burgundy calf shade that matches the older AE burgundy shell shade pretty well.

post #31222 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

I really hate asking fitting questions, but I am desperate.

The only 5 pairs of AEs I have are on the 5 last. 7.5 E to be exact.

Some fit advice for a pair of Calf Dundees? (1 last)

MUCH THANKS IN ADVANCE!

What's the price on calf Dundees? I'd be interested in a pair.
post #31223 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post
 

 

I'm 7.5EE on the 5 last and wear 8E on the 1 last. But, some people say they are the same on several different lasts. So, I would say you're either the same (7.5E) or 8D in the Dundee. The only way I really figured it out was to try on several pair.

 

I have the same sizing.  I'm 8D in 5 last and 8.5C in 1 last.  I'm 8.5C in the Brannock for reference.

post #31224 of 53443
I'm in deep.

I ordered the Dalton's in burgundy cordovan. That's in addition to the brown cordovan Jefferson & Patriot webgems.

You guys are enablers!
post #31225 of 53443

Alright.

I think I gave up on the idea of buying dress boots for bad weather because really... why would I buy something to destroy it like that. Chances are I'll pick something up for kicking around town someday, but for now I'm figuring out which pair of black AE boots to pick up.

I already have daltons, so should I get the dark chocolate pair or black? Or does a fiftth street in black make more sense. Basically I'm going to get something that I can wear with jeans or to work. I will be wearing these with boring... I mean black... pants as well.

post #31226 of 53443
I already have daltons, so should I get the dark chocolate pair or black? Or does a fiftth street in black make more sense. Basically I'm going to get something that I can wear with jeans or to work. I will be wearing these with boring... I mean black... pants as well.

That's tough. I would say the black fifth street for work with black pants, but I wouldn't wear them with denim. Personally.
post #31227 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Alright.

I think I gave up on the idea of buying dress boots for bad weather because really... why would I buy something to destroy it like that. Chances are I'll pick something up for kicking around town someday, but for now I'm figuring out which pair of black AE boots to pick up.

I already have daltons, so should I get the dark chocolate pair or black? Or does a fiftth street in black make more sense. Basically I'm going to get something that I can wear with jeans or to work. I will be wearing these with boring... I mean black... pants as well.

 

Not sure what you mean by already having Daltons then asking about chocolate or black. The 5th street are pretty dressy and I wouldn't wear them with jeans, especially not in black. If you have Daltons, then I think I'd suggest the Dundee for variety - maybe there are seconds available in your size. The options narrow fast when you ask for black boots for work and you already have Daltons. The options are basically Dalton, 5th Street, and Dundee shell looking at the AE web site unless your work is casual enough that you can get away with the Promontory Point.

post #31228 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post


What's the price on calf Dundees? I'd be interested in a pair.

 

$350 if done thru Allison. 1st quality Calf versions are only available thru MTO. You might be able to get seconds in Calf.

post #31229 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

$350 if done thru Allison. 1st quality Calf versions are only available thru MTO. You might be able to get seconds in Calf.

Thanks, saved me a phone call. I have yet to see any calf seconds.
post #31230 of 53443
Just received my cappuccino shell Mcallister 2nds and am a bit disappointed. Shoe looks great, but one pair has pretty glaring fold and discoloration as evident in the pics below. Is this something that can be fixed? Would return these but cappuccino is hard to find at the moment. Would appreciate your thoughts, thanks.



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread