or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2066

post #30976 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Ahhhh Bummer...my Amok ($109) order from mid-Sept was canceled due to high demand. AE did offer me a 10% coupon that I can use WITH the RDA sale. Decisions ... Decisions

Really??? I am nervous about mine now! I was really looking forward to some snuff suede too!
post #30977 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

I have burgundy shell patriots and brown shell patriots. I wear the burgundy more often. Both are great, though.

I have both as well but I find the opposite is true for me. I wear my brown shell at least 2:1 over the burgundy. Maybe even more than that.

I agree though that both are great!
post #30978 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Really??? I am nervous about mine now! I was really looking forward to some snuff suede too!

 

I'm in the same boat here, was really looking forward to my Amok, hopefully I'm one of those that made itt through.

post #30979 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmtttt View Post

I'm in the same boat here, was really looking forward to my Amok, hopefully I'm one of those that made itt through.

Haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed. If they don't come through, I might go for the Neumonks in Snuff. Or maybe the Patriots. $100 is a pretty amazing deal.

-Mike
post #30980 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post
 

 

I have read most of the 30,000 posts in this thread, and in my opinion this is the coolest AE shoe I have seen.

I think they are ummmmm...  lets just say not my taste.  I've never understood the whole "exotics" thing.  Yeah, it makes your shoes unique...  thats the best thing I can say about them... but to each their own... those saddle's on the other hand are gorgeous, though also not my style.

post #30981 of 47084

So I got in touch with Allison, and I think I'd like to do a more weather-resistant and casual version of the Leeds.  I am thinking Chromexcel upper at the moment, and possible Dainite sole.  I was hoping I could solicit some advise and ideas for other details.

post #30982 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

So I got in touch with Allison, and I think I'd like to do a more weather-resistant and casual version of the Leeds.  I am thinking Chromexcel upper at the moment, and possible Dainite sole.  I was hoping I could solicit some advise and ideas for other details.

Maybe consider the Rapid City's? Just like the Leeds they're a PTB on the 1 Last but made with Horween's Dublin leather with brass eyelets and the combination tap sole. They are a great casual version of the Leeds. They're a great deal on sale. Then you can save your MTO for something truly unique (and in Shell!)
post #30983 of 47084

I got a pair of Daltons in Walnut, but the bourbon color is hard to pass up :)

post #30984 of 47084

I pulled the trigger on my MTO Burgundy Shell Franciscans. I am getting it with an Independence lining and insole. A black flat welt, with wheeling, Independence outsole and light brown transparent edging. Also, a silver/nickel buckle. 

 

I have got to thank Subutai for his inspiration. His make up of the Franciscan inspired my shell MTO.  I am more excited for this MTO than any other shoe I have ordered and waited for.

post #30985 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

I pulled the trigger on my MTO Burgundy Shell Franciscans. I am getting it with an Independence lining and insole. A black flat welt, with wheeling, Independence outsole and light brown transparent edging. Also, a silver/nickel buckle. 

 

I have got to thank Subutai for his inspiration. His make up of the Franciscan inspired my shell MTO.  I am more excited for this MTO than any other shoe I have ordered and waited for.

 

What exactly is the independence lining? 

post #30986 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

 

What exactly is the independence lining? 

From the website:

 

 

Now I wonder if it makes that much of a difference. 

post #30987 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post


Maybe consider the Rapid City's? Just like the Leeds they're a PTB on the 1 Last but made with Horween's Dublin leather with brass eyelets and the combination tap sole. They are a great casual version of the Leeds. They're a great deal on sale. Then you can save your MTO for something truly unique (and in Shell!)

 

I didn't realize the Rapid City existed, so thank you for bringing that option to my attention!  I'll probably still talk to Allison about what is available, though.  I've found that I don't wear my shell shoes as much as I like due to weather, so this is filling a specific need for me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

I pulled the trigger on my MTO Burgundy Shell Franciscans. I am getting it with an Independence lining and insole. A black flat welt, with wheeling, Independence outsole and light brown transparent edging. Also, a silver/nickel buckle. 

Are the Independence insole and outsole appreciably better than the standard selections?  I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts.

post #30988 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

From the website:

Now I wonder if it makes that much of a difference. 

I didn't think it would, but I've found the Independence lining to make a big difference. Much softer, more comfortable
post #30989 of 47084
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

I pulled the trigger on my MTO Burgundy Shell Franciscans. I am getting it with an Independence lining and insole. A black flat welt, with wheeling, Independence outsole and light brown transparent edging. Also, a silver/nickel buckle. 

I have got to thank Subutai for his inspiration. His make up of the Franciscan inspired my shell MTO.  I am more excited for this MTO than any other shoe I have ordered and waited for.

Awesome to hear! These have become "go to" shoes for me. I'm sure you'll love the burgundy shell. If it weren't so similar I'd get another pair in shell!

Looking forward to seeing how they turn out
post #30990 of 47084
Yeah the inside of my Rutledge's are butter. Its weird because I'm aware of how good it feels to have them on every moment if that makes sense. Sometimes its distracting because I'm just wigglin my toes thinking how good it feels when I sb working.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread