or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2000

post #29986 of 43065
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post

Is it possible that I have my posts set to "hidden" or something similar?  It isn't a big deal, but I always wonder why in this thread, my questions, comments, and pictures rarely receive any replies.  For example, I posted all of the Rediscover America sales, but only one person responded.  Is this sale just not a big deal?

Thanks many times over.

Did I ever tell you the about the time someone posted about an Ohio store that had 1st quality shell shoes for $300? That was a screaming deal. Here's how I made out:

post #29987 of 43065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post


Thanks many times over.

Did I ever tell you the about the time someone posted about an Ohio store that had 1st quality shell shoes for $300? That was a screaming deal. Here's how I made out:

 

I also got it too from a store in Boston that week, but unfortunately had to return it due to the sizing issue.

post #29988 of 43065

I was browsing the old AE catalogues and stumbled upon "The Imperial" in the 1959-1960 edition

 

http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/1959-1960-catalog

 

It looks really cool. It's made on the Kent last, which, of course, tells me nothing. However, by looking at it, the shape looks more rounded than that of the current AE models, and appears somewhat similar to Alden's Barrie last.

 

Ironically, the only actual picture of this shoe I found was on the very first page of the AE thread. 

post #29989 of 43065

I talked to the Jennifer @ J-ville outlet today.  If you mention the upcoming sale, they will honor the prices now (generally 15% off).

 

I was actually looking to get some Long Branch boots for the winter to beat around in the foul weather with.  I need a 13B, but the closest she could come would be a 13D.  I fear it might be too big so I passed.  Could have had it for about $230 though.

post #29990 of 43065
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdoctor View Post
 

I talked to the Jennifer @ J-ville outlet today.  If you mention the upcoming sale, they will honor the prices now (generally 15% off).

 

I was actually looking to get some Long Branch boots for the winter to beat around in the foul weather with.  I need a 13B, but the closest she could come would be a 13D.  I fear it might be too big so I passed.  Could have had it for about $230 though.

 

I think you might be better off with the 25% off at J'ville outlet.

post #29991 of 43065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

Here's how I made out:


Gorgeous shoes! Townleys?

This is exactly what I want, but as an oxford. I've emailed MTO Allison to see if they can do a Strand without the toe medallion, but would love other suggestions.
post #29992 of 43065
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

 

I think you might be better off with the 25% off at J'ville outlet.

 

well, 25 does beat 15, so I can't argue with that. 

post #29993 of 43065
Has anyone used the 25% off coupon for Jeffersonville on two separate days? It states "use every day". But something about that seems weird to me. I want to know if it is actually multiple use. If so I'll see if I can buy on separate days but only pay 1 shipping charge to Canada.
post #29994 of 43065
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post

Has anyone used the 25% off coupon for Jeffersonville on two separate days? It states "use every day". But something about that seems weird to me. I want to know if it is actually multiple use. If so I'll see if I can buy on separate days but only pay 1 shipping charge to Canada.

 

to me, that seems a stretch.. one day = one order.

 

another day, another order = new order number and shipping charge if applicable.

 

thats just me

post #29995 of 43065
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

to me, that seems a stretch.. one day = one order.

 

another day, another order = new order number and shipping charge if applicable.

 

thats just me

 

I know what you mean, but at $45 shipping per order I'm willing to ask if they will combine shipments. Otherwise the coupon becomes almost pointless. 

 

In sales over the last few months I've spent $200-250 just in shipping. It starts to really add up. 

post #29996 of 43065

Hi Guys,

 

Should I go for a Brown or Bourbon Strand? Need your advice!

 

Here's my current AE rotation:

 

Park Ave in Black

McAllister in Merlot

Townleys in Brown Cordovan

New Orleans in Walnut

Neumora in Black

Neumora in Brown

Elgin in Tan

Neumok in Olive Green

RL Saunders in Tan

Daltons in Grey

 

Non AE:

 

Edetal Wholecut Medallion in Walnut

Tod's loafer in Walnut

 

I really like the Strand in Brown as I feel it's a very subtle, underrated style that exudes quality.

I also like how the toe box polishes up in some of the photos here.

 

On the other hand, the Strand is the only style in Bourbon which I like and that's the only shade not yet included in my rotation.

However, I also can't stand how the burnishing rubs off so easily with just a little renovateur or clear saphir cream polish, this makes them rather difficult to condition.

 

What do you think?

post #29997 of 43065
Who is going to be post #30000?
post #29998 of 43065
Me?
post #29999 of 43065
You?
post #30000 of 43065
Me!!!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread