Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 9:25 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1991
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I may give the Jefferson in Brown Shell or the cambridge in burgundy shell a try. Since I just acquired the Alden PTB in dark ravello, I'm not interested in the Leeds or Dundee. Any suggestions for AE's available shell?? Norwich looks cool but too close to the PTB.
I think orders for the Jefferson in brown shell webgem have to be in by the 29th, and the sale starts on the 30th.
Strand should be available as a normal stock item. The Jefferson is a now-or-never deal, with the exception of a MTO.
Does anyone have experience with how Parkway fit compared to Strand or McTavish?
Do you have the same size in Strand and McTavish? Even though they're on the same last, the McTavish usually suns larger...
The room at the ball of the foot should be close to that of a McTavish, size-to-size. It isn't as narrow as the Strand at the ball, but tapers at the toe.
I don't think you can. The concern would be, when a shoe is recrafted, It is put on the original size last, and new leather is pulled down so that a new welt can be stitched on to leather that has not been perforated, previously. If the shoe was to be made wider, you would be stitching the welt to leather that was originally below the welt line, exposing the original, perforated leather.
Hope that makes sense..?
A good cobbler can stretch a shoe up to a half size. You want to be very careful and ensure they have worked with cordovan but it certainly is possible
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 13 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 31 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › !!! D SMART ))) Karabükspor - St Etienne maçını canlı izle seyret 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)