or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1979

post #29671 of 53209

For the folks who have the Leeds and MacNeil in shell cordovan--which do you think better reflects the properties of the shell and is more versatile? I can't seem to be able to decide about my MTO and would appreciate any input. Fwiw, I plan to wear these with the odd pants (khakis and wools) and blazers. 

post #29672 of 53209
Leeds show off the shell more, and I think they are equally versatile. Get whichever speaks to you at the moment, you will likely end up with both eventually anyway smile.gif
post #29673 of 53209
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

Leeds show off the shell more, and I think they are equally versatile. Get whichever speaks to you at the moment, you will likely end up with both eventually anyway smile.gif

 

Thanks, bucksfan. The caveat is that I already have Alden PTB in color 8 as well as several AE LWBs, plus two Alden's on preorder, though none in shell, so I am unlikely to fill any niche in my wardrobe. This said, I ultimately wanted to get a more casual shoe, with the brass eyelets and a lighter welt/sole. I was thinking of getting the Leeds, but I just couldn't justify getting another PTB and yet not having a LWB in shell. So I am thinking, can I go wrong by getting cappuccino MacNeils?

post #29674 of 53209

Do the Long Branch boots qualify as a 2 for $250 item? 

post #29675 of 53209

You can never go wrong with shell :)

IMO, if you are going the MTO route, look into AE's older models on different lasts. AE has had a good number of amazing styles in the past.

post #29676 of 53209
Cap Macneils with a chili edge trim and eyelets would be a great shoe IMO.
post #29677 of 53209
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Thanks, bucksfan. The caveat is that I already have Alden PTB in color 8 as well as several AE LWBs, plus two Alden's on preorder, though none in shell, so I am unlikely to fill any niche in my wardrobe. This said, I ultimately wanted to get a more casual shoe, with the brass eyelets and a lighter welt/sole. I was thinking of getting the Leeds, but I just couldn't justify getting another PTB and yet not having a LWB in shell. So I am thinking, can I go wrong by getting cappuccino MacNeils?

Decisions! I have the same issue cincikid. I think the MacNeils in #8 are amazing. Are they still having the shell for $299 still?
post #29678 of 53209
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

For the folks who have the Leeds and MacNeil in shell cordovan--which do you think better reflects the properties of the shell and is more versatile? I can't seem to be able to decide about my MTO and would appreciate any input. Fwiw, I plan to wear these with the odd pants (khakis and wools) and blazers. 

I'd say Leeds also.  Shows off the shell better and is on a MUCH more comfortable and easier-to-size last.

post #29679 of 53209
Quote:
Originally Posted by masernaut View Post
 

You can never go wrong with shell :)

IMO, if you are going the MTO route, look into AE's older models on different lasts. AE has had a good number of amazing styles in the past.

If AE will do an MTO with shell for the Auburn, that would be an excellent choice.  It's a short wingtip blucher on the 1 last with double leather sole.  I'd sign up for that; cappuccino shell with flat welt and antique edge!

post #29680 of 53209

I believe you can- as Paul promised an MTO offer for SF members. 

post #29681 of 53209
Quote:
Originally Posted by masernaut View Post
 

I believe you can- as Paul promised an MTO offer for SF members. 

I don't follow this thread as closely as I would like.  Who can I call or e-mail?  Thanks!

post #29682 of 53209

Here's the original quote from a number of months ago.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenEdmondsCEO View Post

StyleForum Friends -

Thanks very much for your great interest and support of Allen Edmonds. I'm seriously impressed and, on behalf of the company, honored by the 615 pages in this thread. I want you to know that we strive to live up to your high standards every single day, not just in product quality and styling but also in customer service. Customized shoes require special processing and, as you'd expect, aren't as efficiently done as our long production runs of in-line shoes. However, in return for your support, if it's a leather we carry in another style that you'd like on your chosen shoe but is not currently offered -- or if it's a width on a legacy last (such as the 5, the 7, the 8 or the 1) that isn't currently offered -- just send me an email at pgrangaard@allenedmonds.com. If we can do it for you, we will. The pricing will be "ad hoc" based on degree of difficulty, but I'm eager to give you a special deal. If we can't do it, I'll explain why. In other words, we'll do whatever we can to return your loyalty and trust.

Thanks very much again to you all and best wishes,
Paul
post #29683 of 53209

^^^  Much thanks my fiend!

post #29684 of 53209
Why doesn't AE make it easier to find out what is available in the outlet sales? It is a single data base all the stores are using. Why does every single buyer have to either call or email to get the list?

I emailed two days ago about the 2/250 sale and still have heard nothing. I thought they were in business to sell things.
post #29685 of 53209
Thoughts on the new Mojave chukka? Might be time to upgrade my Clark's desert boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread