Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1977
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I would say brush more and Reno less. I brush my shells after every wear, every other at most and Reno once or twice a year. That being said my pairs are not worn as frequently as yours but I do think you could decrease the frequency with which you use Reno. I always give mine a quick brush prior to putting on as well
+1 mine get a quick brushing after each wear, after a few wears, I do a damp rag + brushing, and a couple times per year I do a Reno or wax (for black shoes) treatment.
My contact let me get one for $125, but I originally wanted to do 3 for 375 and she had told me the other two were unavailable. You can ask and they might say okay.
The next sale is likely the rediscover america sale at the end of the month. Its been discussed a few pages back.
Thanks for the input. Would you say the quality of the suede is the same as in Amoks? The $525 retail makes it more expensive than Alden's unlined chukka so it'd better be good.
coolarrow - are you thinking of the RL Sanderson, which is a longwing? The RL Saunders is a chukka boot similar to the Amok. You can see it on the RL site here:
You're right. Me bad. I have the Sandersons in leather so my world revolves around them, lol.
My burgundy Cliftons came in today, i must say the 8 last is my favorite, very nice tapered toe:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i've been looking for some cliftons in brown! where did you get these?
also how to size for them if I'm wearing 8.5E in Strands?
Nordstrom sells them. I wear the same size in Cliftons as I do in Strands.
You could also try getting a pair of 2nds from the Shoebank.
Ha, no worries. It gets confusing with all the "S's": Sanderson, Singleton, Saunders, etc. I ordered a pair of brown Saunders a few months ago and they sent me a pair of Sandersons by mistake. When I tried to correct it they were out of stock on the Saunders. I ended up keeping the Sanderson since it was in nice condition and I only paid $129.
Edited by MacktasticGDogg - 9/21/13 at 10:00am
I ordered a pair of the Brooks Brothers football leather chukka boots as part of the 2 for $250 sale. I'm puzzled as to why it's $498 on BB's website even though it clearly states "Allen Edmonds" on the sole. After all, football leather is not a premium leather. I was very interested in this shoe when I first saw it but there was no way I was paying anywhere close to $498 for it, so I'm glad that my size was available in 2nds for this sale. I have no idea what last these are on so hopefully they fit OK.
These are on the 234 last, similar to the Chukkamok.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Cole Haan Rood Black Captoe Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)