Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 1/23/15 at 1:14pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1977
Styleforum Top Picks
I would say brush more and Reno less. I brush my shells after every wear, every other at most and Reno once or twice a year. That being said my pairs are not worn as frequently as yours but I do think you could decrease the frequency with which you use Reno. I always give mine a quick brush prior to putting on as well
+1 mine get a quick brushing after each wear, after a few wears, I do a damp rag + brushing, and a couple times per year I do a Reno or wax (for black shoes) treatment.
My contact let me get one for $125, but I originally wanted to do 3 for 375 and she had told me the other two were unavailable. You can ask and they might say okay.
The next sale is likely the rediscover america sale at the end of the month. Its been discussed a few pages back.
Thanks for the input. Would you say the quality of the suede is the same as in Amoks? The $525 retail makes it more expensive than Alden's unlined chukka so it'd better be good.
coolarrow - are you thinking of the RL Sanderson, which is a longwing? The RL Saunders is a chukka boot similar to the Amok. You can see it on the RL site here:
You're right. Me bad. I have the Sandersons in leather so my world revolves around them, lol.
My burgundy Cliftons came in today, i must say the 8 last is my favorite, very nice tapered toe:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i've been looking for some cliftons in brown! where did you get these?
also how to size for them if I'm wearing 8.5E in Strands?
Nordstrom sells them. I wear the same size in Cliftons as I do in Strands.
You could also try getting a pair of 2nds from the Shoebank.
Ha, no worries. It gets confusing with all the "S's": Sanderson, Singleton, Saunders, etc. I ordered a pair of brown Saunders a few months ago and they sent me a pair of Sandersons by mistake. When I tried to correct it they were out of stock on the Saunders. I ended up keeping the Sanderson since it was in nice condition and I only paid $129.
Edited by MacktasticGDogg - 9/21/13 at 10:00am
I ordered a pair of the Brooks Brothers football leather chukka boots as part of the 2 for $250 sale. I'm puzzled as to why it's $498 on BB's website even though it clearly states "Allen Edmonds" on the sole. After all, football leather is not a premium leather. I was very interested in this shoe when I first saw it but there was no way I was paying anywhere close to $498 for it, so I'm glad that my size was available in 2nds for this sale. I have no idea what last these are on so hopefully they fit OK.
These are on the 234 last, similar to the Chukkamok.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › ALLEN EDMONDS SUPER RARE SHELL CORDOVAN MANY SIZES 20 seconds ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Exotic Leather Goods 5 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays