Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 4/23/15 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1977
Styleforum Top Picks
I would say brush more and Reno less. I brush my shells after every wear, every other at most and Reno once or twice a year. That being said my pairs are not worn as frequently as yours but I do think you could decrease the frequency with which you use Reno. I always give mine a quick brush prior to putting on as well
+1 mine get a quick brushing after each wear, after a few wears, I do a damp rag + brushing, and a couple times per year I do a Reno or wax (for black shoes) treatment.
My contact let me get one for $125, but I originally wanted to do 3 for 375 and she had told me the other two were unavailable. You can ask and they might say okay.
The next sale is likely the rediscover america sale at the end of the month. Its been discussed a few pages back.
Thanks for the input. Would you say the quality of the suede is the same as in Amoks? The $525 retail makes it more expensive than Alden's unlined chukka so it'd better be good.
coolarrow - are you thinking of the RL Sanderson, which is a longwing? The RL Saunders is a chukka boot similar to the Amok. You can see it on the RL site here:
You're right. Me bad. I have the Sandersons in leather so my world revolves around them, lol.
My burgundy Cliftons came in today, i must say the 8 last is my favorite, very nice tapered toe:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i've been looking for some cliftons in brown! where did you get these?
also how to size for them if I'm wearing 8.5E in Strands?
Nordstrom sells them. I wear the same size in Cliftons as I do in Strands.
You could also try getting a pair of 2nds from the Shoebank.
Ha, no worries. It gets confusing with all the "S's": Sanderson, Singleton, Saunders, etc. I ordered a pair of brown Saunders a few months ago and they sent me a pair of Sandersons by mistake. When I tried to correct it they were out of stock on the Saunders. I ended up keeping the Sanderson since it was in nice condition and I only paid $129.
Edited by MacktasticGDogg - 9/21/13 at 10:00am
I ordered a pair of the Brooks Brothers football leather chukka boots as part of the 2 for $250 sale. I'm puzzled as to why it's $498 on BB's website even though it clearly states "Allen Edmonds" on the sole. After all, football leather is not a premium leather. I was very interested in this shoe when I first saw it but there was no way I was paying anywhere close to $498 for it, so I'm glad that my size was available in 2nds for this sale. I have no idea what last these are on so hopefully they fit OK.
These are on the 234 last, similar to the Chukkamok.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 14 minutes ago
- › Need help finding pants 14 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 21 minutes ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 21 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...