Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/1/15 at 7:30am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1975
Styleforum Top Picks
I was just browsing on ebay for some shoes... came across these gems- the Marlows. I never knew that AE made an austerity brogue! It is the style i am coveting most right now. If they ever brought it back, I would definitely jump on it!
I hadn't heard of this Seconds sale before but have found it impossible to work. I got the list several times and each time called for style soon after (in an hour) obtaining the list and they had nothing. I am not sure how their inventory management works - greats Customer Service though.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
ah, i see, thank you for the info!
I gotta be honest, it doesn't look so bad on the 3-last. But I'm not digging that the eyelets are limited to three. 4-5 eyelets would have been a better call, imo.
Also, it would seem that the shoes are too narrow for your foot. The laces shouldn't come apart that widely.
I agree that a 4 eyelet would work better, and as long as the shoe creases properly, I'll be fine. I have the Neumora, and get some double creasing due to the elongated 333 last.
The spread is just under an inch at the top of the "V", which I've found to be acceptable. If the shoe were too narrow, the topline of the shoe would gap around the throat from the pressure pushing the throat outwards. Basically, the spread isn't the only indicator. Also, as I'm sure you know, the upper is going to stretch quite a bit, allowing the eyestays to move closer together. When I first bought my Jeffersons, the spread was about 3/4". It has now stretched to the point that the spread only measures about 1/4".
UPDATE: Interestingly enough, where most balmorals are lasted with the eyestay touching (if you've ever seen a pair being made, they use a plastic tie to keep the eyestays together while lasting), it seems that the Hanover is lasted with a natural "V".
If you lace them the European method, the gap will be smaller.
Speaking of 3 eyelets. I've been eyeing the Kenilworth Derbs. I've read about their bowing problems which is kinda keeping me from pulling the trigger but I do like their simplicity. Any of you guys have experience with these?
Or maybe in bourbon...
I know the Kenilworth runs slightly larger than other 5 lasted shoes. I haven't heard of any bowing issues, myself. I would think that, being a blucher, there would be less bowing. After all, most of the time bowing is caused by the speading at the throat of a balmoral, because the bottom portion of the eyestays is fixed, and cannot adjust to accomodate the volume at the top, or it is caused by the lack of an arch/instep, causing downward pressure on the upper at the inside of the foot.
Bottom line: I wouldn't expect any excessive bowing from the Kenilworth.
I have a pair, like its simplicity and elegance, and recommend it.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 11 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 14 seconds ago
- › Margaret Howell MHL Slim Chino in Stone, size Small 1 minute ago
- › Albert Hammond Jr. For Confederacy Ryan Gosling THE Crazy Stupid... 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...