Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC:BLACK FRIDAY Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0,... Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1975
Styleforum Top Picks
I was just browsing on ebay for some shoes... came across these gems- the Marlows. I never knew that AE made an austerity brogue! It is the style i am coveting most right now. If they ever brought it back, I would definitely jump on it!
I hadn't heard of this Seconds sale before but have found it impossible to work. I got the list several times and each time called for style soon after (in an hour) obtaining the list and they had nothing. I am not sure how their inventory management works - greats Customer Service though.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
ah, i see, thank you for the info!
I gotta be honest, it doesn't look so bad on the 3-last. But I'm not digging that the eyelets are limited to three. 4-5 eyelets would have been a better call, imo.
Also, it would seem that the shoes are too narrow for your foot. The laces shouldn't come apart that widely.
I agree that a 4 eyelet would work better, and as long as the shoe creases properly, I'll be fine. I have the Neumora, and get some double creasing due to the elongated 333 last.
The spread is just under an inch at the top of the "V", which I've found to be acceptable. If the shoe were too narrow, the topline of the shoe would gap around the throat from the pressure pushing the throat outwards. Basically, the spread isn't the only indicator. Also, as I'm sure you know, the upper is going to stretch quite a bit, allowing the eyestays to move closer together. When I first bought my Jeffersons, the spread was about 3/4". It has now stretched to the point that the spread only measures about 1/4".
UPDATE: Interestingly enough, where most balmorals are lasted with the eyestay touching (if you've ever seen a pair being made, they use a plastic tie to keep the eyestays together while lasting), it seems that the Hanover is lasted with a natural "V".
If you lace them the European method, the gap will be smaller.
Speaking of 3 eyelets. I've been eyeing the Kenilworth Derbs. I've read about their bowing problems which is kinda keeping me from pulling the trigger but I do like their simplicity. Any of you guys have experience with these?
Or maybe in bourbon...
I know the Kenilworth runs slightly larger than other 5 lasted shoes. I haven't heard of any bowing issues, myself. I would think that, being a blucher, there would be less bowing. After all, most of the time bowing is caused by the speading at the throat of a balmoral, because the bottom portion of the eyestays is fixed, and cannot adjust to accomodate the volume at the top, or it is caused by the lack of an arch/instep, causing downward pressure on the upper at the inside of the foot.
Bottom line: I wouldn't expect any excessive bowing from the Kenilworth.
I have a pair, like its simplicity and elegance, and recommend it.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 13 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Inis Meain knitwear 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE FW2014 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...