Can anyone speak to the sizing difference if any between the Players shoe and any shoes on the 5 last? Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/4/15 at 4:35pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1964
Styleforum Top Picks
my experience is that you size up half with the players shoes compared to the 5 last.
i had a casual conversation with one of the AE SA's the other day and he also agreed but i wasn't sure if he agreed just for the sake of it or he truly agreed (he was in the process of selling me a pair of shoes).
Apologies if this has already been asked before, I would just like to ask MacNeil and Strand owners their experience regarding the differences between the 7 last and the 5 last. I currently own an 8.5D Strand (5 last) and 8.5D Chukkamok (4 last). Both are very comfortable but I do find that the width of the Strand fits better.
I'm wondering whether I should get an 8.5C or 8.5D Macneil. I have read some reviews saying that the Macneil is wider than the Strands and some people suggest sizing down the width if you prefer the width of the Strands.
I know best thing for me is to try them on, but unfortunately this is just geographically impossible at the mean time.
I wear the same size in both, and both fit well. I would not go down in width, as the toe box may get cramped.
Thank you! I have black, burgundy and brown (C&J for Ralph Lauren) these days and they get plenty of wear.
I am a 12d in these and a 12d or 11.5e in 5 last shoes (highly dependent on the shoe, I have found). 11.5d Barrie last in the Alden world, for what it's worth.
What was the issue with the 11D? Too long? Too tight in the toes? Both?
Well, "casual" varies, of course, from office to office. But, of the four colors in which the McTavish is offered, it would be last on my list.
To me, a black oxford wingtip just doesn't seem a good choice for casual wear, despite it being rougher than typical calfskin and with "waxed infused" leather. The "dark brown cognac" and the "natural" (close to AE walnut) seem like good looking, casual shoes that would be more versatile than black, both as to the colors and types of casual pants one might pair with them at the office.
Others have commented and I generally agree that "browns" are more versatile however in this particular shoe I happen to think that black is my favorite color aesthetically.
Hoping I can show off my BB Burgundy McAllisters and Bradys... fingers crossed they will have inventory by the time my purchase is processed!
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 15 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 40 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 3 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 3 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Raffiné Paris Locking Duffel Bag 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth