Can anyone speak to the sizing difference if any between the Players shoe and any shoes on the 5 last? Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 11:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 4/23/15 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1964
Styleforum Top Picks
my experience is that you size up half with the players shoes compared to the 5 last.
i had a casual conversation with one of the AE SA's the other day and he also agreed but i wasn't sure if he agreed just for the sake of it or he truly agreed (he was in the process of selling me a pair of shoes).
Apologies if this has already been asked before, I would just like to ask MacNeil and Strand owners their experience regarding the differences between the 7 last and the 5 last. I currently own an 8.5D Strand (5 last) and 8.5D Chukkamok (4 last). Both are very comfortable but I do find that the width of the Strand fits better.
I'm wondering whether I should get an 8.5C or 8.5D Macneil. I have read some reviews saying that the Macneil is wider than the Strands and some people suggest sizing down the width if you prefer the width of the Strands.
I know best thing for me is to try them on, but unfortunately this is just geographically impossible at the mean time.
I wear the same size in both, and both fit well. I would not go down in width, as the toe box may get cramped.
Thank you! I have black, burgundy and brown (C&J for Ralph Lauren) these days and they get plenty of wear.
I am a 12d in these and a 12d or 11.5e in 5 last shoes (highly dependent on the shoe, I have found). 11.5d Barrie last in the Alden world, for what it's worth.
What was the issue with the 11D? Too long? Too tight in the toes? Both?
Well, "casual" varies, of course, from office to office. But, of the four colors in which the McTavish is offered, it would be last on my list.
To me, a black oxford wingtip just doesn't seem a good choice for casual wear, despite it being rougher than typical calfskin and with "waxed infused" leather. The "dark brown cognac" and the "natural" (close to AE walnut) seem like good looking, casual shoes that would be more versatile than black, both as to the colors and types of casual pants one might pair with them at the office.
Others have commented and I generally agree that "browns" are more versatile however in this particular shoe I happen to think that black is my favorite color aesthetically.
Hoping I can show off my BB Burgundy McAllisters and Bradys... fingers crossed they will have inventory by the time my purchase is processed!
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 14 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › CCP Breadstick Trousers (48) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Men: Final Season 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...