or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1956

post #29326 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

 

If this is of any help, Superfeet Black insoles may work for dress shoes/boots. I tried them one on the shoes which similarly had a wide fit and the fit became acceptable, but still not comfortable enough. I ended up returning both shoes and insoles. You might have better luck with the boots though--give it a shot. 

 

I might try that, i'll see what Jville says when I give them a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post


The other week I needed a size changed and they offered free shipping to me if I paid to ship the small ones back. Cost me $26 from Toronto to Jeffersonville.

 

Good to know, maybe this will be the case for me. If so, just another case of great customer service from AE.

 

 

Also, does anyone here find that the shell version of a shoe fits bigger than the calf version? the dalton in 12D in calf for me was snug at first, and has now stretched to be the perfect fit. But the shell dalton in 12E was way way way bigger. Even with wool socks, it wasn't snug. Seems like it shouldnt has increased in girth so much with only one size up in width.

post #29327 of 50918
What's the policy on sizing for Elgins? Are you guys sticking with the same size as your strands and other 5 last shoes?
post #29328 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

What's the policy on sizing for Elgins? Are you guys sticking with the same size as your strands and other 5 last shoes?

I'm a 10D in the Strand and McAllister and others and my Elgin in a 9.5D fits me the same.
post #29329 of 50918

Would 0.5 size up from 5 and 1 last be too big in MacNeil?

post #29330 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
 

Did you end up going with the split reverse welt or the flat welt?  I'm contemplating the double butyl sole on a MacNeil in cappuccino or dark brown shell with a light brown transparent edge....I feel like the flat welt will make it look sleeker, but I'm not 100% sure. I guess the double butyl sole with a flat welt would be what's on the Dalton boot....

 

I think the LW needs a split reverse.

post #29331 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by green garden View Post
 

 

I think the LW needs a split reverse.

Yeah, from looking around I think it does need the split reverse.  Now I just need to decide between a double butyl sole and a single butyl.....I think the single will make it look less bulky, but we'll see.

post #29332 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

My Spiaggias from the flash sale showed up today. I ordered my standard size and they fit very well. I really like how they look too. Certainly a winner for $118.

Now, both of my 5-lasted wingtip bals are extremely casual (the other is a pair of Neumoks). I wonder if I should go for a pair of those webgem Jeffersons???

A few quick i-pics:

 

Thanks to your pics I totally just impulse-bought a pair of those. Thanks, SF. 

post #29333 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

What's the policy on sizing for Elgins? Are you guys sticking with the same size as your strands and other 5 last shoes?

I wear size 9D for most 5-lasted shoes and my Elgins in 8.5D fits the same. I did try size 9D at the store when I bought my Elgins and I think those would have worked as well if I wore thicker socks or tied the laces tighter. But 8.5D definitely was the better fit.
post #29334 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaviter View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

My Spiaggias from the flash sale showed up today. I ordered my standard size and they fit very well. I really like how they look too. Certainly a winner for $118.


Now, both of my 5-lasted wingtip bals are extremely casual (the other is a pair of Neumoks). I wonder if I should go for a pair of those webgem Jeffersons???


A few quick i-pics:


Thanks to your pics I totally just impulse-bought a pair of those. Thanks, SF. 

Well, SF is dangerous like that, LOL! But at least in this case you're not out a ton of money and I think you'll be happy with it as long as it fits well.
post #29335 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafG View Post

Would 0.5 size up from 5 and 1 last be too big in MacNeil?
Would be for me. I am the same size in 1, 5, and 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post

Also, does anyone here find that the shell version of a shoe fits bigger than the calf version?
I feel like all of my shell shoes feel looser than their calf counterparts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

When AE runs out of shell in rare colors, I presume smile.gif
That's assuming that everyone that wants to do an MTO is looking at shell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

My Spiaggias from the flash sale showed up today. I ordered my standard size and they fit very well. I really like how they look too. Certainly a winner for $118.

Now, both of my 5-lasted wingtip bals are extremely casual (the other is a pair of Neumoks). I wonder if I should go for a pair of those webgem Jeffersons???

A few quick i-pics:
They look nice and awfully tempting to me now.
post #29336 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

It's TWO for $250

Just for fun, can you get 3 for $375? Or do they need to be purchased in even quantities?
post #29337 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcharlie View Post

From past experience, when Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank does a 2-for sale on seconds and discontinued shoes (for example, 2 pairs for $250), can one also get 3 pairs for the same price per pair? For example, 3 for $375 when the offer was 2 for $250. Also, if one buys 2 for $250 and has to return a pair because it doesn't fit well, does the price on the kept pair go up?

 

I had this question as well.

post #29338 of 50918

HAMPTONS BLACK CALF/BLACK GRAIN LEATHER WINGTIPS: On the AE site these are in their clearance section and in the checkout the are totalling $147.75 after (apparently) additional discounts. Is that an unusually good deal or do deals like that happen regularly on AE's?

post #29339 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post
 

HAMPTONS BLACK CALF/BLACK GRAIN LEATHER WINGTIPS: On the AE site these are in their clearance section and in the checkout the are totalling $147.75 after (apparently) additional discounts. Is that an unusually good deal or do deals like that happen regularly on AE's?

 

I think that's a pretty good deal. I paid much closer to retail, and still am happy with mine.

post #29340 of 50918
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcharlie View Post

From past experience, when Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank does a 2-for sale on seconds and discontinued shoes (for example, 2 pairs for $250), can one also get 3 pairs for the same price per pair? For example, 3 for $375 when the offer was 2 for $250. Also, if one buys 2 for $250 and has to return a pair because it doesn't fit well, does the price on the kept pair go up?

 

I had this question as well.


From personal experience, you can buy 1 for $125, 2 for $250, or 3 for $375, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread