No, I don't think so. It's been mentioned earlier in this thread that AE stores the finished uppers of the shoes and then put them on a sole if it's ordered by a customer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1942
Styleforum Top Picks
Here's a question: so I'm looking at picking up some distressed McTavish shoes on clearance, but I wonder abut sizing. I normally wear about a 9-9.5 in shoes, but my first pair of AE's is a pair of fairfaxes, and I had to go to an 8 D for it to fit. Is this normal in anyone else's experience?
Sure. If you have debt that you need to pay off first - school loan, car payment, mortgages, retirement matching etc... -, then you should use your bonus towards the more important obligations. However, if you have cash to blow, AEs are a pretty solid choice considering the recent deals. To make you feel better, I just picked up 2 pairs this week and possibly more with the looming 2/250 deal.
Kinda of ironic but I'm hoping you can talk me out of purchasing more, haha.
Brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush. Take a quick rest. Brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush. Rinse and repeat.
This is the long method.
The shorter method is to pick up Renomat and Renovateur and use the two in conjunction to remove AE's finish.
You will rarely ever need to use wax or cream on your shells. Use them only to cover up scratches or bruises on the leather. If you put wax/cream on the shell, it will simply add more polish you will eventually need to brush out. I also find that AE cordovan cream is finicky; either it doesn't stick to the leather or it stains it so it becomes very hard to take off.
Thanks for the answers guys. This is what I will continue to do. I have already worked a fair amount off with a damp rag. And so it continues....
Here's what's holding me back: next month, the rediscover america sale knocks 15% off all shoes, including burgundy shells down to around 510$ ish...
I am in a similar situation; I wear 9D on the 1-last (Townleys) with a very snug fit, 9E in the 2-last (New Orleans & Ralph Lauren Saunders) and 9D in the Elgins, which are on the 5-last but fit much larger due to its Dublin leather construction. Just got into the AE addiction and purchased a McAllister, Strand and Park Avenue in 8.5E. I spent the entire afternoon yesterday figuring if I got them in the correct size, finally decided that 8.5EE should be correct for me and have ordered them to compare directly against the 8.5E I have.
I'm glad to see that over the last few pages there are other EE weirdos besides me. My question for the group is this: There are only certain models that are offered in EE. If I decided that I really wanted a shoe and was willing to go the MTO route, would I be able to get it in a width that is not normally offered? For instance, if I wanted a Dalton in 7.5EE do they even have that size in the 1 last that they could use for a custom order?
I'm loving the six pairs of AE I own--but they're all shoes. I'm looking in the clearance section and trying to decide between the bitter chocolate and lighter tan Amok chukka.
I'd likely be wearing them with jeans more than anything else, and I'm feeling a little clueless about which color would serve better. Thoughts?
Been having a hardcore buffing day today, watching football and shining my shell shoes... Here are my Walnut Shell Strands, they are almost two years old now! I think that they turn 2 in January... Anyways, hope that you enjoy them, they are my favorite of all my shoes (Aldens and Crockett & Jones included) to date! Both in terms of fit, color, and style.
The sale includes shell? Doesn't that mean the current Strand webgem will actually be cheaper during the sale than now?
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 44 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 16 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan