No, I don't think so. It's been mentioned earlier in this thread that AE stores the finished uppers of the shoes and then put them on a sole if it's ordered by a customer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC:BLACK FRIDAY Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0,... Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1942
Styleforum Top Picks
Here's a question: so I'm looking at picking up some distressed McTavish shoes on clearance, but I wonder abut sizing. I normally wear about a 9-9.5 in shoes, but my first pair of AE's is a pair of fairfaxes, and I had to go to an 8 D for it to fit. Is this normal in anyone else's experience?
Sure. If you have debt that you need to pay off first - school loan, car payment, mortgages, retirement matching etc... -, then you should use your bonus towards the more important obligations. However, if you have cash to blow, AEs are a pretty solid choice considering the recent deals. To make you feel better, I just picked up 2 pairs this week and possibly more with the looming 2/250 deal.
Kinda of ironic but I'm hoping you can talk me out of purchasing more, haha.
Brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush. Take a quick rest. Brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush. Rinse and repeat.
This is the long method.
The shorter method is to pick up Renomat and Renovateur and use the two in conjunction to remove AE's finish.
You will rarely ever need to use wax or cream on your shells. Use them only to cover up scratches or bruises on the leather. If you put wax/cream on the shell, it will simply add more polish you will eventually need to brush out. I also find that AE cordovan cream is finicky; either it doesn't stick to the leather or it stains it so it becomes very hard to take off.
Thanks for the answers guys. This is what I will continue to do. I have already worked a fair amount off with a damp rag. And so it continues....
Here's what's holding me back: next month, the rediscover america sale knocks 15% off all shoes, including burgundy shells down to around 510$ ish...
I am in a similar situation; I wear 9D on the 1-last (Townleys) with a very snug fit, 9E in the 2-last (New Orleans & Ralph Lauren Saunders) and 9D in the Elgins, which are on the 5-last but fit much larger due to its Dublin leather construction. Just got into the AE addiction and purchased a McAllister, Strand and Park Avenue in 8.5E. I spent the entire afternoon yesterday figuring if I got them in the correct size, finally decided that 8.5EE should be correct for me and have ordered them to compare directly against the 8.5E I have.
I'm glad to see that over the last few pages there are other EE weirdos besides me. My question for the group is this: There are only certain models that are offered in EE. If I decided that I really wanted a shoe and was willing to go the MTO route, would I be able to get it in a width that is not normally offered? For instance, if I wanted a Dalton in 7.5EE do they even have that size in the 1 last that they could use for a custom order?
I'm loving the six pairs of AE I own--but they're all shoes. I'm looking in the clearance section and trying to decide between the bitter chocolate and lighter tan Amok chukka.
I'd likely be wearing them with jeans more than anything else, and I'm feeling a little clueless about which color would serve better. Thoughts?
Been having a hardcore buffing day today, watching football and shining my shell shoes... Here are my Walnut Shell Strands, they are almost two years old now! I think that they turn 2 in January... Anyways, hope that you enjoy them, they are my favorite of all my shoes (Aldens and Crockett & Jones included) to date! Both in terms of fit, color, and style.
The sale includes shell? Doesn't that mean the current Strand webgem will actually be cheaper during the sale than now?
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Thom Browne Black Fleece Brooks Brothers duffle tipped toggle coat... 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...