No, I don't think so. It's been mentioned earlier in this thread that AE stores the finished uppers of the shoes and then put them on a sole if it's ordered by a customer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1942
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Here's a question: so I'm looking at picking up some distressed McTavish shoes on clearance, but I wonder abut sizing. I normally wear about a 9-9.5 in shoes, but my first pair of AE's is a pair of fairfaxes, and I had to go to an 8 D for it to fit. Is this normal in anyone else's experience?
Sure. If you have debt that you need to pay off first - school loan, car payment, mortgages, retirement matching etc... -, then you should use your bonus towards the more important obligations. However, if you have cash to blow, AEs are a pretty solid choice considering the recent deals. To make you feel better, I just picked up 2 pairs this week and possibly more with the looming 2/250 deal.
Kinda of ironic but I'm hoping you can talk me out of purchasing more, haha.
Brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush. Take a quick rest. Brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush. Rinse and repeat.
This is the long method.
The shorter method is to pick up Renomat and Renovateur and use the two in conjunction to remove AE's finish.
You will rarely ever need to use wax or cream on your shells. Use them only to cover up scratches or bruises on the leather. If you put wax/cream on the shell, it will simply add more polish you will eventually need to brush out. I also find that AE cordovan cream is finicky; either it doesn't stick to the leather or it stains it so it becomes very hard to take off.
Thanks for the answers guys. This is what I will continue to do. I have already worked a fair amount off with a damp rag. And so it continues....
Here's what's holding me back: next month, the rediscover america sale knocks 15% off all shoes, including burgundy shells down to around 510$ ish...
I am in a similar situation; I wear 9D on the 1-last (Townleys) with a very snug fit, 9E in the 2-last (New Orleans & Ralph Lauren Saunders) and 9D in the Elgins, which are on the 5-last but fit much larger due to its Dublin leather construction. Just got into the AE addiction and purchased a McAllister, Strand and Park Avenue in 8.5E. I spent the entire afternoon yesterday figuring if I got them in the correct size, finally decided that 8.5EE should be correct for me and have ordered them to compare directly against the 8.5E I have.
I'm glad to see that over the last few pages there are other EE weirdos besides me. My question for the group is this: There are only certain models that are offered in EE. If I decided that I really wanted a shoe and was willing to go the MTO route, would I be able to get it in a width that is not normally offered? For instance, if I wanted a Dalton in 7.5EE do they even have that size in the 1 last that they could use for a custom order?
I'm loving the six pairs of AE I own--but they're all shoes. I'm looking in the clearance section and trying to decide between the bitter chocolate and lighter tan Amok chukka.
I'd likely be wearing them with jeans more than anything else, and I'm feeling a little clueless about which color would serve better. Thoughts?
Been having a hardcore buffing day today, watching football and shining my shell shoes... Here are my Walnut Shell Strands, they are almost two years old now! I think that they turn 2 in January... Anyways, hope that you enjoy them, they are my favorite of all my shoes (Aldens and Crockett & Jones included) to date! Both in terms of fit, color, and style.
The sale includes shell? Doesn't that mean the current Strand webgem will actually be cheaper during the sale than now?
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 23 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Now taking orders until June 15. Viberg for Styleforummarket.com... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...