or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1870

post #28036 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmx3 View Post

Beautiful pair! How much do shells usually cost at the Shoe Bank?
I got them for $380, which seemed like a pretty good price. Overall I'm happy with the shoe bank.
post #28037 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdoctor View Post


I got them for $380, which seemed like a pretty good price. Overall I'm happy with the shoe bank.

 

My experience with the shoe bank consists of one purchase which I am happy with.

 

I gotta start using them more in the future.

post #28038 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

 

My experience with the shoe bank consists of one purchase which I am happy with.

 

I gotta start using them more in the future.

I have probably bought 15 pairs of shoes from the Shoe Bank. If you guys start using them more, I might not get what I want from them... Well, use away. They have some amazing deals throughout the year. 

post #28039 of 53240
744s were a limited run of 1000 firsts, and some seconds. The seconds were, for some time, sold through AE, but wolverine made them pull the entire stock because they were so greatly undercutting the price (I got 744s and 721s for $350 each icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif) and the stores who had collab'd on it were pissed (Leffot et. al). I got mine in my standard Wolverine size (9D, when I wear 9.5EEE in the 5-last for AE). The length was perfect, it's a bit snug sideways. Wolverine's CXL stretches a bit more, but I find that the unlined shell molds to my foot enough that my foot is very comfortably snug in them.

Also, mine look nothing like Cold Irons. smile.gif I have my 744s sno-sealed (at the price, I decided they were my foul weather boots!), so they are dark like an espresso shell, rather than the original cigar/mohagoney color. Gorgeous, not shiny, but gorgeous and completely water-tight.
post #28040 of 53240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post
 

Thanks again for all your help.  I think based on your feedback, I'm going to be fine choosing either the Lex or Townley.  If the Townley sits lower, I think that may help with the arch issue.  And if you say the opening doesn't show more angle, then that should be cover the aesthetic concern.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this would work out.

 

All the best!

 

post #28041 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

744s were a limited run of 1000 firsts, and some seconds. The seconds were, for some time, sold through AE, but wolverine made them pull the entire stock because they were so greatly undercutting the price (I got 744s and 721s for $350 each icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif) and the stores who had collab'd on it were pissed (Leffot et. al). I got mine in my standard Wolverine size (9D, when I wear 9.5EEE in the 5-last for AE). The length was perfect, it's a bit snug sideways. Wolverine's CXL stretches a bit more, but I find that the unlined shell molds to my foot enough that my foot is very comfortably snug in them.

Also, mine look nothing like Cold Irons. smile.gif I have my 744s sno-sealed (at the price, I decided they were my foul weather boots!), so they are dark like an espresso shell, rather than the original cigar/mohagoney color. Gorgeous, not shiny, but gorgeous and completely water-tight.

I read that you should go TTS on the 744. I'm a 8.5D TTS and wear a 8D on the AE 5 last. I have a slight issue with the 5 last because I have a higher instep. The shoe width is perfect I just get a bit larger gap at the laces. Where should I start with the 744?  

post #28042 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

I got my Saphir products in the mail from http://ashineandco.com today and WOW...that stuff is for real!

I put Renovateur them on my Strands and they look awesome. I haven't worked up the guys to,use the Renomat on my Shells.

....and not to get all David Copeland with A Shine & Co but hey have been nothing but awesome to me

And to Mr. Copeland... I love your Nordstrom posts and your posts in general. I have just mentioned who I bought my Saphir from a few times on here that's all :-)

Renomat on shells?  Isn't that a bit harsh?  If you're really going to do this, please post a before and after picture.  I'd like to see what it does.  Personally, I'd just be patient and proceed with the Mac method.

post #28043 of 53240
I'm on an Alden kick lately, but it will be difficult to pass up the brown shell Jefferson.
post #28044 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

New Cordovan WebGems are online. Brown Cordovan Patriot, Brown Cordovan Park Avenue, Brown Cordovan Strand and Brown Cordovan Jefferson. I have a shell brown Patriot, shell black Park Avenue and shell brown Strand, and a calf Jefferson, not shell. I do love my Walnut calf Jeffersons.... It is self evident I must have the Jefferson in Cordovan. Just ordered!

 

What do people think of the heel detail?  Too light for this shade of brown?  

post #28045 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I read that you should go TTS on the 744. I'm a 8.5D TTS and wear a 8D on the AE 5 last. I have a slight issue with the 5 last because I have a higher instep. The shoe width is perfect I just get a bit larger gap at the laces. Where should I start with the 744?  

 

While we're at this subject. I'm an 11.5 3E in AE 5 and 1 lasts and I own a pair of Wolverine 1ks in 11 3E. Would 11.5D work in the 744s? 

post #28046 of 53240

I'm really sorry I mentioned the 744s at this point - I'm not going to be able to find a pair and I'll be jealous of everyone who does. rotflmao.gif

post #28047 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by green garden View Post

What do people think of the heel detail?  Too light for this shade of brown?  

It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I like having some variety and something different than the chili edge dressing or regular brown. If it comes and it is light, it will be easy to darken up.

post #28048 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I like having some variety and something different than the chili edge dressing or regular brown. If it comes and it is light, it will be easy to darken up.

Good point.  It's an easier DIY task to make it darker than lighter. 

post #28049 of 53240
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafG View Post

While we're at this subject. I'm an 11.5 3E in AE 5 and 1 lasts and I own a pair of Wolverine 1ks in 11 3E. Would 11.5D work in the 744s? 

I would say it's a very good bet that'll work out just fine for you. Unlined shell is very lenient sizing wise.
post #28050 of 53240
After owning more than a dozen pair of AE's, I gotta say my favorites in terms of fit and finish are my bourbon strands and merlot Mcallisters. Absolutely love them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread