IF you buy from any of the outlet stores and have it shipped to another state/international would sales tax still be charged?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/1/15 at 7:30am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1853
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks - how do you contact Allison? You can PM me if you like.
FYI, here's where they announced the re-release: http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/AE_Fall2012_CatalogSupplement.pdf
Let me know what you find out. I'd like a pair of those.
Agreed. When I saw it in the catalogue last year I thought it would be a strange dress shoe/ chukka hybrid, but in these pictures it actually looks pretty clean!
As rc121 says, if there is an Allen Edmonds retail store or Allen Edmonds outlet store in your state then you pay sales tax. If there is not, they do not charge you sales tax. They have no retail or outlet stores in my state so I was not charged when I made phone orders from Shoe Bank and from the Jeffersonville outlet (nice!).
I actually dont like this shoe because of the double oak sole. I prefer something a bit more sleek for a balmoral. The strand looks great to me though in the suede option.
Dang that is unfortunate. I really enjoy the look of that loafer and for 109$ I really wanted to try it out. But, since the shoe didnt work for either of you, its hard to make the jump for purchase. It sure does look narrow in the toe box, and me having wide feet (10 eee) I feel the odds are against me for panning out.
Gentlemen, AE was supposed to re-release its Jodox model at the end of 2012 but apparently decided not to. There's been some discussion of the shoe on this thread so I thought I'd show you my Jodox, which I purchased new many years ago. I'd love to have this shoe in shell cordovan.
Compared to a Barrie last shoe:
Not sure what it is about the Jodox, I just really like it. It was the first 'real' dress shoe I ever picked out & paid for myself, to be worn at my first 'real' post-college job. To be sure it's not for everyone. I just wish AE would follow through and start making it again for those of us who like it - preferably in shell!
I emailed tifosi's contact at AE regarding an MTO (possibly shell) and/or to see if they plan to start producing the Jodox again. I'll let you know what I hear.
Here's a couple more pics (sorry - all iPhone shots):
Compared to an Alden Barrie last PTB:
"Thank you for your email earlier today. The Portland boot will be available in the US. There are some adjustments made to to the last and then later this fall season it will be available for order.
A specific date is currently not available. Thank you for your patience as well as your interest in Allen Edmonds footwear."
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 second ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 21 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 49 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Grad Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Joseph Abboud navy pinstripe wool suit, 38Sx32, shipping included... 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...