IF you buy from any of the outlet stores and have it shipped to another state/international would sales tax still be charged?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1853
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Thanks - how do you contact Allison? You can PM me if you like.
FYI, here's where they announced the re-release: http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/AE_Fall2012_CatalogSupplement.pdf
Let me know what you find out. I'd like a pair of those.
Agreed. When I saw it in the catalogue last year I thought it would be a strange dress shoe/ chukka hybrid, but in these pictures it actually looks pretty clean!
As rc121 says, if there is an Allen Edmonds retail store or Allen Edmonds outlet store in your state then you pay sales tax. If there is not, they do not charge you sales tax. They have no retail or outlet stores in my state so I was not charged when I made phone orders from Shoe Bank and from the Jeffersonville outlet (nice!).
I actually dont like this shoe because of the double oak sole. I prefer something a bit more sleek for a balmoral. The strand looks great to me though in the suede option.
Dang that is unfortunate. I really enjoy the look of that loafer and for 109$ I really wanted to try it out. But, since the shoe didnt work for either of you, its hard to make the jump for purchase. It sure does look narrow in the toe box, and me having wide feet (10 eee) I feel the odds are against me for panning out.
Gentlemen, AE was supposed to re-release its Jodox model at the end of 2012 but apparently decided not to. There's been some discussion of the shoe on this thread so I thought I'd show you my Jodox, which I purchased new many years ago. I'd love to have this shoe in shell cordovan.
Compared to a Barrie last shoe:
Not sure what it is about the Jodox, I just really like it. It was the first 'real' dress shoe I ever picked out & paid for myself, to be worn at my first 'real' post-college job. To be sure it's not for everyone. I just wish AE would follow through and start making it again for those of us who like it - preferably in shell!
I emailed tifosi's contact at AE regarding an MTO (possibly shell) and/or to see if they plan to start producing the Jodox again. I'll let you know what I hear.
Here's a couple more pics (sorry - all iPhone shots):
Compared to an Alden Barrie last PTB:
"Thank you for your email earlier today. The Portland boot will be available in the US. There are some adjustments made to to the last and then later this fall season it will be available for order.
A specific date is currently not available. Thank you for your patience as well as your interest in Allen Edmonds footwear."
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 11 minutes ago
- › Do you shape your eyebrows? 13 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 16 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 21 minutes ago
- › Technical Outerwear 23 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 26 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 27 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...