IF you buy from any of the outlet stores and have it shipped to another state/international would sales tax still be charged?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC:BLACK FRIDAY Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0,... Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1853
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks - how do you contact Allison? You can PM me if you like.
FYI, here's where they announced the re-release: http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/AE_Fall2012_CatalogSupplement.pdf
Let me know what you find out. I'd like a pair of those.
Agreed. When I saw it in the catalogue last year I thought it would be a strange dress shoe/ chukka hybrid, but in these pictures it actually looks pretty clean!
As rc121 says, if there is an Allen Edmonds retail store or Allen Edmonds outlet store in your state then you pay sales tax. If there is not, they do not charge you sales tax. They have no retail or outlet stores in my state so I was not charged when I made phone orders from Shoe Bank and from the Jeffersonville outlet (nice!).
I actually dont like this shoe because of the double oak sole. I prefer something a bit more sleek for a balmoral. The strand looks great to me though in the suede option.
Dang that is unfortunate. I really enjoy the look of that loafer and for 109$ I really wanted to try it out. But, since the shoe didnt work for either of you, its hard to make the jump for purchase. It sure does look narrow in the toe box, and me having wide feet (10 eee) I feel the odds are against me for panning out.
Gentlemen, AE was supposed to re-release its Jodox model at the end of 2012 but apparently decided not to. There's been some discussion of the shoe on this thread so I thought I'd show you my Jodox, which I purchased new many years ago. I'd love to have this shoe in shell cordovan.
Compared to a Barrie last shoe:
Not sure what it is about the Jodox, I just really like it. It was the first 'real' dress shoe I ever picked out & paid for myself, to be worn at my first 'real' post-college job. To be sure it's not for everyone. I just wish AE would follow through and start making it again for those of us who like it - preferably in shell!
I emailed tifosi's contact at AE regarding an MTO (possibly shell) and/or to see if they plan to start producing the Jodox again. I'll let you know what I hear.
Here's a couple more pics (sorry - all iPhone shots):
Compared to an Alden Barrie last PTB:
"Thank you for your email earlier today. The Portland boot will be available in the US. There are some adjustments made to to the last and then later this fall season it will be available for order.
A specific date is currently not available. Thank you for your patience as well as your interest in Allen Edmonds footwear."
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 12 minutes ago
- › Corter Leather Goods - Official Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 21 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 21 minutes ago
- › LAWLESS DENIM (LD&Co) OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 22 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 25 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 28 minutes ago
- › 2 The Hill-Side Ties and one Topman Tie 28 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...