IF you buy from any of the outlet stores and have it shipped to another state/international would sales tax still be charged?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 4:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 2/21/15 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1853
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks - how do you contact Allison? You can PM me if you like.
FYI, here's where they announced the re-release: http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/AE_Fall2012_CatalogSupplement.pdf
Let me know what you find out. I'd like a pair of those.
Agreed. When I saw it in the catalogue last year I thought it would be a strange dress shoe/ chukka hybrid, but in these pictures it actually looks pretty clean!
As rc121 says, if there is an Allen Edmonds retail store or Allen Edmonds outlet store in your state then you pay sales tax. If there is not, they do not charge you sales tax. They have no retail or outlet stores in my state so I was not charged when I made phone orders from Shoe Bank and from the Jeffersonville outlet (nice!).
I actually dont like this shoe because of the double oak sole. I prefer something a bit more sleek for a balmoral. The strand looks great to me though in the suede option.
Dang that is unfortunate. I really enjoy the look of that loafer and for 109$ I really wanted to try it out. But, since the shoe didnt work for either of you, its hard to make the jump for purchase. It sure does look narrow in the toe box, and me having wide feet (10 eee) I feel the odds are against me for panning out.
Gentlemen, AE was supposed to re-release its Jodox model at the end of 2012 but apparently decided not to. There's been some discussion of the shoe on this thread so I thought I'd show you my Jodox, which I purchased new many years ago. I'd love to have this shoe in shell cordovan.
Compared to a Barrie last shoe:
Not sure what it is about the Jodox, I just really like it. It was the first 'real' dress shoe I ever picked out & paid for myself, to be worn at my first 'real' post-college job. To be sure it's not for everyone. I just wish AE would follow through and start making it again for those of us who like it - preferably in shell!
I emailed tifosi's contact at AE regarding an MTO (possibly shell) and/or to see if they plan to start producing the Jodox again. I'll let you know what I hear.
Here's a couple more pics (sorry - all iPhone shots):
Compared to an Alden Barrie last PTB:
"Thank you for your email earlier today. The Portland boot will be available in the US. There are some adjustments made to to the last and then later this fall season it will be available for order.
A specific date is currently not available. Thank you for your patience as well as your interest in Allen Edmonds footwear."
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 11 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...