or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1852

post #27766 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

I just sent off an email asking about this boot. I'll report when and if I hear anything.

Great thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Thanks for the info and links. Second link doesn't seem to work.

 

You think AE might have put it on the US site by accident??

Hmm ISSUU changed the URL on me already LOL. Try this, it is the AE fall catalog: http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/2013_ae_fall

post #27767 of 49514

For all the Saunders owners out there. Any word on how it fits vs the Sanderson and Slaton?

 

All of the RL models are narrow, so I tend to go a width up, but I was just swimming in the Illford boot when I got it in my regular size + 1 width up. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

post #27768 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

For all the Saunders owners out there. Any word on how it fits vs the Sanderson and Slaton?

 

All of the RL models are narrow, so I tend to go a width up, but I was just swimming in the Illford boot when I got it in my regular size + 1 width up. Any input would be greatly appreciated.


I wear a 12 D the Sanderson was too narrow for me.

post #27769 of 49514

The new Fullerton in the 2013 Catalog Supplement looks like an awesome shoe.  nod[1].gif

 

http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/2013_ae_fall

post #27770 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Great thanks!

Hmm ISSUU changed the URL on me already LOL. Try this, it is the AE fall catalog: http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/2013_ae_fall

Thanks!

 

Are those Promontory Point boots basically Wolverines? They look like the shell LTDs to me, anyway...

post #27771 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

The new Fullerton in the 2013 Catalog Supplement looks like an awesome shoe.  nod[1].gif

 

http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/2013_ae_fall

nod[1].gif

post #27772 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I have a pair of olive loafers that I wear with grey jeans and all types of khaki colored, well khakis. I thought they would be far less versatile than they have become.


Hmm.... I suppose khaki's would work (I already recognized that grey pants would work).  Can't wear jeans, though.  More of a business casual environment.  Jeans are ok on Friday only and even then I'm watchful of wearing them if I have meetings and the like.  Perhaps I'll have to order a pair as I love my snuff suede pair!

post #27773 of 49514
Gentlemen, AE was supposed to re-release its Jodox model at the end of 2012 but apparently decided not to. There's been some discussion of the shoe on this thread so I thought I'd show you my Jodox, which I purchased new many years ago. I'd love to have this shoe in shell cordovan.




Compared to a Barrie last shoe:


Not sure what it is about the Jodox, I just really like it. It was the first 'real' dress shoe I ever picked out & paid for myself, to be worn at my first 'real' post-college job. To be sure it's not for everyone. I just wish AE would follow through and start making it again for those of us who like it - preferably in shell!
post #27774 of 49514

I like them. Love the 2 eyelet look. You're right...they would be great in shell. Maybe enquire about a pair for a MTO shoe??????

post #27775 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

For all the Saunders owners out there. Any word on how it fits vs the Sanderson and Slaton?

 

All of the RL models are narrow, so I tend to go a width up, but I was just swimming in the Illford boot when I got it in my regular size + 1 width up. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

 

Wondering if you have any info on how to RL stuff (on the 2 last right?) compares to the 1-511 (dalton) last? I have a dalton in a 12D and it fits close to perfect, and I ordered the Eagle County and the RL Sanderson in 12D as well, and I am wondering if I am going to have to see if I can exchange them for 12E.

post #27776 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

The new Fullerton in the 2013 Catalog Supplement looks like an awesome shoe.  nod[1].gif

 

http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/2013_ae_fall

 

What is it!? For some reason, my browser won't let me view that page.

post #27777 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I like them. Love the 2 eyelet look. You're right...they would be great in shell. Maybe enquire about a pair for a MTO shoe??????
I might do that, tifosi. I just haven't had much luck getting any sort of dialog going with AE. I asked them about it a couple of years ago (I even told them I own 7 pairs of AEs and had made my wife take a trip with me to Port Washington WI specifically to see the factory and buy a pair of LWBs) and they simply said "we don't currently make that shoe and we have no plans to make that shoe." AE did list the Jodox as a shoe designated for re-release in late 2012, as part of an anniversary or something. But they didn't follow through. I emailed them again and got the same type of email response.
post #27778 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

 

What is it!? For some reason, my browser won't let me view that page.

post #27779 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post


I might do that, tifosi. I just haven't had much luck getting any sort of dialog going with AE. I asked them about it a couple of years ago (I even told them I own 7 pairs of AEs and had made my wife take a trip with me to Port Washington WI specifically to see the factory and buy a pair of LWBs) and they simply said "we don't currently make that shoe and we have no plans to make that shoe." AE did list the Jodox as a shoe designated for re-release in late 2012, as part of an anniversary or something. But they didn't follow through. I emailed them again and got the same type of email response.

Hmmm. That's disappointing. Never hurts to try again. Try emailing Allison. She has been more than helpful to me.

post #27780 of 49514
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Hmmm. That's disappointing. Never hurts to try again. Try emailing Allison. She has been more than helpful to me.

Thanks - how do you contact Allison? You can PM me if you like.

FYI, here's where they announced the re-release: http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/AE_Fall2012_CatalogSupplement.pdf
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread