certainly is a great sale. I hope they turn out to b good quality. lets see pics!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 3:14 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1850
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Who here is blessed with two different sized feet? Okay, I know that everyone to a degree has feet that aren't exactly the same but I've really been struggling finding the right fit in several lasts. In the past when I bought crappy, square-toed things I'd just go up 1/2 length and it didn't really matter. Frankly, when I buy sneakers I have an issue with the same. Using AE's measuring printout from the web (and confirmed with the Brannock) I'm:
Left: 8.5 D
Right: 8 E
I've been sizing for the right hoping to stretch the left a little but since it's a length issue, I've come up with poor results. I think I'll have to start sizing for the left and hope the right isn't too loose (or use tongue pads or something). I know that I could go MTO but most of the shoes I've bought are either during an AE sale or from the outlets where I've been able to save some money. I'd rather have proper-fitting shoes than to save a few bucks but it's been a lot of bucks.
I'm currently wearing 7.5 E on the 5-last and 8 E on the 1-last. So, you can see why my right foot is very comfortable while the left is not. On all of them I can feel a bump under the ball of my left foot. It has gone down some but is applying pressure such that it's uncomfortable and pushing my small toe out to cause discomfort there too. I think if I go 1/2 longer the left will sit properly.
I'm not sure I actually have a question; just wondering if anyone else has feet that are very different and if you have any other suggestions.
I'm in the same boat as you. I returned Blue Neumoks ( first quality amazon deal $136) and Walnut Strands ( Nordstrom Anniversary price) today. I had both pairs in 10d. I had a similar experience with Bayfield boots from Lands End earlier this year and am currently 9 weeks into a MTO for 10.5d left and 10d right. With my narrow heel I can't put both feet in the larger size and already plan to wear the Bayfields with Superfeet 3/4 length insoles.
I have donated most of my shoes this year and am feeling frustrated with my current shoe selection. All the collection photos and in the wild shots aren't helping my frustration SF. I even found myself considering buying cemented cheapies at kohls this week and throwing in Superfeet insoles to make them properly supportive. I have so far resisted that path. I am thinking I will call AE this week for a progress update on the Bayfields and also order Strands in 10.5d left and 10d right, paying more than I had for the Strands and the Neumoks, knowing that my middle toe on my left foot won't be continuously irritated or my right shoe falling off.
Some of us just won't be able to participate in the sales and outlet deals but at least we can still get high quality shoes made for us in the USA that will last instead of buying two pairs of cheap cemented shoes to make one pair and increasing our shoe waste even further. Just gives us more incentive to pick good quality classics so we can make due on a lean rotation.
My third AE pair in a little more than a month. A beautiful addition to my PA and Strand.
McAllister in Merlot (fresh out of the box)
From the pictures that I've seen here and online, I was expecting them to be a bit redder (less brown), but I'm not complaining. I personally prefer the darker shade as they seem to be more discrete.
This time around, I ordered an E and the lacing gap was much smaller. I just hope they don't totally close eventually (I'll straight lace them before I wear them outside).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I also decided to get the combination tap sole version just to try it out.
Those look great! I love the burgundy McAllister and the combination tap sole is quickly becoming a favorite. Congrats on the growing collection
These things are totally gone from the site already. Wow. Any idea what happened?
Thanks! The combination soles are really practical, especially since I do a lot of walking on pavement, etc. They make the shoes almost bullet-proof.
I'm looking to get bluchers and maybe some boots next (for fall/Winter). I think it's time I got acquainted with the shoe bank.
Dress shoes with six (6) eyelets for lace are becoming harder to find in AE styles, even though the few AE still offers, like the Cambridge, present themselves with that extra flare of higher quality and dress. Even my 1999 version of the Sanford (which comes to 5 eyelets) resurfaced again just a couple of years ago to my delight . . . until I noticed they reduced the eyelets to only four.
Yes, the Park Avenue is still made with 6 eyelets.
I will have to respectfully disagree with David on his comment above. As I showed in my response to his initial comment, AE is currently offering 12 balmorals (at different levels of dress) with 6 eyelets. About half of those are shoes that AE has offered for decades, unchanged. This is actually more than I found after randomly sampling their catalogs from the past.
In 1970 there were two 6 eyelets balmorals offered, and two 7 eyelet ones.
In 1980 there were three 6 eyelet balmorals offered, and two 7 eyelet ones.
In 1990 there were six 6 eyelet balmorals offered.
When the Park Avenue as we know it was introduced in the fall of 1981, it actually had 7 eyelets. It was dropped to a 6 eyelet balmoral by fall of 1983.
What were they called? We could email AE and i'm sure they would have some kind of answer. Maybe they didn't make the final Fall production cut. I can't imagine that they didn't though as this would probably be a popular style for AE.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 19 seconds ago
- › On the Downlow: Nigel Cabourn and S.N.S. Herning Fall/Winter 2014 31 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE [ANDROGENESIS] – Closes Sunday, April 20th 4 minutes ago
- › TRAIN WRECK CHALLENGE - SC/TIE WITH JEANS! 8 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 17 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 17 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw