or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1806

post #27076 of 42906

I missed the "rough" MacNeils when they were a webgem circa the end of 2011 and also didn't get them as seconds when they were on sale last year. I thought they'd be gone for good, but somehow, I scored them off ebay last week for about 20% of the original retail. They looked pretty beat up (partly due to the leather itself) although they didn't seem to be worn. A bit of AE Lotion and some elbow grease made them look pretty gorgeous. 

 

 

 

 

I know AE suggests saddle soap for those, but somehow I've always been reluctant to use it. It looks like AE Lotion worked really well here: the leather got a lot more supple and the color is now a bit deeper. I am looking forward to wearing them this fall.

post #27077 of 42906
Here are some brown/cappuccino comparisons.
Brown Shell Patriots and Cappuccino Dundees

Inside with flash


Inside by the window with no flash


Closeup of shell colors - no flash
post #27078 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Here are some brown/cappuccino comparisons.
Brown Shell Patriots and Cappuccino Dundees

Inside with flash


Inside by the window with no flash


Closeup of shell colors - no flash

Pastor, are the Patriots the shade of brown that you would get if you ordered the brown shell that you can pick from the site? I love the cappuccino, tho! Looks like MTO here I come! I'll see whats available.

post #27079 of 42906
Funny, I too just got a VERY slightly used pair of MacNeils, on their maiden voyage today. Love the look. Will have to hit them with some more AE Leather Lotion I think, on the vamp anyway. Showing some serious crease marks. Although, not such a terrible thing, for the rough look.



post #27080 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post

Funny, I too just got a VERY slightly used pair of MacNeils, on their maiden voyage today. Love the look. Will have to hit them with some more AE Leather Lotion I think, on the vamp anyway. Showing some serious crease marks. Although, not such a terrible thing, for the rough look.



Interesting coincidence! Out of curiosity, are yours 9.5D? I've noticed there were two of them on ebay in the past few weeks, in 10D and 9.5D. Given I took the first, I presume yours might be the latter. Fwiw, the lotion has nearly completely eliminated the creasing and made the color look even throughout the vamp (I worked it into the leather with my fingers, sort of massaging the vamps). I want to try to use Saphir down the road out to see if it might be even better. 

post #27081 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Interesting coincidence! Out of curiosity, are yours 9.5D? I've noticed there were two of them on ebay in the past few weeks, in 10D and 9.5D. Given I took the first, I presume yours might be the latter. Fwiw, the lotion has nearly completely eliminated the creasing and made the color look even throughout the vamp (I worked it into the leather with my fingers, sort of massaging the vamps). I want to try to use Saphir down the road out to see if it might be even better. 

Sometimes I wish my feet were that size. No, mine are 11.5's. I may hit mine with Saphir too, at least on the vamp.
post #27082 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post


Sometimes I wish my feet were that size. No, mine are 11.5's. I may hit mine with Saphir too, at least on the vamp.

Do post the results. I am curious about the outcome. 

post #27083 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Pastor, are the Patriots the shade of brown that you would get if you ordered the brown shell that you can pick from the site? I love the cappuccino, tho! Looks like MTO here I come! I'll see whats available.

The brown is the shell brown from AE. Like others have said it can really vary in color.
post #27084 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post


The brown is the shell brown from AE. Like others have said it can really vary in color.

 

Brown and dark brown are the same shade for AE, right?

post #27085 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post

 

Brown and dark brown are the same shade for AE, right?

Wondering the same. They list the chukkas as dark brown and the Patriot as brown (or vise versa).

post #27086 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

 

Anyway, add this story to the numerous other examples of great customer service from Allen Edmonds.

 

If only more companies would treat their customers with such regard.

 

The fact that AE actually cares about their consumer and not just about the bottom line is the biggest reason that I choose to spend my money on their product...well that, and the shoes are awesome!

post #27087 of 42906


Which color laces do you gents like better on my Spiaggias?
post #27088 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post



Which color laces do you gents like better on my Spiaggias?

I like them both! Just depends on what other colors you are wearing, I'd say.

post #27089 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by crizq0 View Post

For the upcoming labor day sale who can we email to check for a list of shoe availabilities? Can we email the same person from the most recent 2/250 sale?

Absolutely!

post #27090 of 42906
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I like them both! Just depends on what other colors you are wearing, I'd say.

I like alabaster better. I think the green laces would also work fine. It works beautifully on the navy suede StewartsCREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread