or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1759

post #26371 of 47323

I may be in the minority, but I like the Neumora more. It looks better, but it needs more color options. I have the black, but I don't like the dark brown. If they'd offered it in bourbon, I'd have bought it. That's the only edge that the Mora 2.0 has IMO.

post #26372 of 47323
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

I may be in the minority, but I like the Neumora more. It looks better, but it needs more color options. I have the black, but I don't like the dark brown. If they'd offered it in bourbon, I'd have bought it. That's the only edge that the Mora 2.0 has IMO.

I liked the Neumora too, but the 333 last toe box always collapses on me. My only complaint with it.
post #26373 of 47323
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post

I have always really liked the walnut Clifton, and can spot it in a Nordstroms from a section away. I ended up getting a pair of walnut Strands instead, but thought I would get a pair of Cliftons at some point. So when Mr. Grangaard made his offer for MTO shoes, walnut shell Clifton was my choice. I really like these and think the color is just about perfect, and if I could I would replace many of my shoes with walnut shell. The rest of my AE's should be feeling a bit nervous, as I plan to wear these a lot.

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

I think they turned out great, with a small exception. You can't see it in the above pictures, but if you look at the left shoe from a different angle you can see what looks like a stray buff mark on the vamp. I couldn't make this mark go away no matter what I tried, but again you can only see it from certain angles. I don't think I want to send these back as other than this they are just about perfect. Just thought I would ask if anyone has seen something similar before. Does anyone know if this is part of how the leather was prepared, or did this happen while making the shoe (which is what it looks like to me)?

 

AppleMark

Those are AMAZING!! I have tried every combination of sizes in the Clifton but in the end decided the 8 last just isn't going to fit my foot. But for those I'd be tempted to make them fit LOL.

 

 

You did an outstanding job cleaning them up, soon they will be glowing in the dark :-) I don't think any more Renomat will help the light mark on the left shoe, and it will eventually start to dull your finish. On shell if I am going to use Renomat I only ever use 1 coat and never let it sit. I agree that it looks like something that was done in the final finishing stages. And think that if you sent them back to AE they will fix it for you. But I also understand your reluctance to return them. For walnut shell that I need to use damage control on I use Saphir cognac polish mixed with Saphir tan which is almost yellow in color. I use a toothpick to blend them adding more of one or the other until it matches the shade of the shoe or boot I'm working on. It doesn't take much and I haven't had to use it often. When applying it I only use a very small amount, about the same as just touching a can of Kiwi paste wax in the final stages of a spit polish if you know what I mean. It may be worth a try if you don't want to return them but think it would be worth contacting AE about having them sent back through finishing again. Good luck and what an outstanding shoe, very jealous!

post #26374 of 47323
Walnut McClain today
post #26375 of 47323
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post

I have always really liked the walnut Clifton, and can spot it in a Nordstroms from a section away. I ended up getting a pair of walnut Strands instead, but thought I would get a pair of Cliftons at some point. So when Mr. Grangaard made his offer for MTO shoes, walnut shell Clifton was my choice. I really like these and think the color is just about perfect, and if I could I would replace many of my shoes with walnut shell. The rest of my AE's should be feeling a bit nervous, as I plan to wear these a lot.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

I think they turned out great, with a small exception. You can't see it in the above pictures, but if you look at the left shoe from a different angle you can see what looks like a stray buff mark on the vamp. I couldn't make this mark go away no matter what I tried, but again you can only see it from certain angles. I don't think I want to send these back as other than this they are just about perfect. Just thought I would ask if anyone has seen something similar before. Does anyone know if this is part of how the leather was prepared, or did this happen while making the shoe (which is what it looks like to me)?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

I agree that those look stunning.  The wheeling along the welt was an especially nice touch. 

post #26376 of 47323
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post


if you only have 3 posts, you shouldn't be giving out advice

Seriously?

post #26377 of 47323
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post


if you only have 3 posts, you shouldn't be giving out advice

Seriously?

post #26378 of 47323
Quote:
Originally Posted by njruss View Post

Seriously?
Yes?
post #26379 of 47323
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post


Yes?

How does the fact that someone is new HERE preclude them from offering their (reasonable) opinion?

post #26380 of 47323
Quote:
Originally Posted by njruss View Post

How does the fact that someone is new HERE preclude them from offering their (reasonable) opinion?
I would usually stay the hell out of this, but I agree wholeheartedly with njruss... J
post #26381 of 47323

Oh, boy. I see myself spending a lot of money in the coming months on more shoes. The Mora is back... and Shaker Heights in chilli looks fantastic. I also want to get my hands on a pair of Veronas... Boy, oh, boy. 

 

Although I'm not a big fan on the Mora in Bourbon. I might as well wait for a suede version. Meermin has been tempting in that field...

post #26382 of 47323

Well last night (on the eve of Mora), I called JeffVille and plunged on two Neumora's for 250. brown and black. thinking now that perhaps I should have gone ahead and plunged with the red Finches instead, but let my wavering confidence get the better of me.

 

well, perhaps one of my double monk double score will have to go back, thereby opening up a spot in the rotation for mora 2.0...

post #26383 of 47323
Any advice on what action to take on my new fifth streets? First time outing with them, I noticed a split on the heel. Sorry for the bad pictures, I'm at work, and only have a phone camera at the moment.


Another picture for first time outing
post #26384 of 47323

Hi all - I've been poking my head around this forum for quite some time before I got the courage to actually pick up a couple pairs last week. I stopped by the AE store and picked up the black Park Avenue and walnut Strand - two excellent looking shoes. All of my shoes prior to these have been in the $50 range that look clunky and ugly.  I am starting to agree with everyone who says this is like getting hooked on crack because I'm already looking to pick up a third pair and I need some advice. I really love the chili color and was looking at grabbing a chili Delray. I'm a 12C on the five last and from what I can see in this thread I will probably be a similar size on the 8-last. I can get the delray for a very good deal. My question then is the Chili too close in color to the walnut that I should pass on the chili as my third shoe? I'm thinking that if I don't get the Delray I'm going to get a brown strand.

 

After the third shoe in less than a week, my wallet is going to need to take a rest for a while before I can feed my addiction further.

post #26385 of 47323
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbbyu View Post

Hi all - I've been poking my head around this forum for quite some time before I got the courage to actually pick up a couple pairs last week. I stopped by the AE store and picked up the black Park Avenue and walnut Strand - two excellent looking shoes. All of my shoes prior to these have been in the $50 range that look clunky and ugly.  I am starting to agree with everyone who says this is like getting hooked on crack because I'm already looking to pick up a third pair and I need some advice. I really love the chili color and was looking at grabbing a chili Delray. I'm a 12C on the five last and from what I can see in this thread I will probably be a similar size on the 8-last. I can get the delray for a very good deal. My question then is the Chili too close in color to the walnut that I should pass on the chili as my third shoe? I'm thinking that if I don't get the Delray I'm going to get a brown strand.

 

After the third shoe in less than a week, my wallet is going to need to take a rest for a while before I can feed my addiction further.

 

The Chili Delray is a great next shoe for you. The Chili color is quite a bit different than walnut. Also, the Delray is quite a different shoe than the Strand, so you are adding some nice variety here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread