They look great! a much nicer shade of burgundy than I have seen recently. It does look like there is some creme buildup so it may behoove you to wipe with a damp cloth to see what you remove
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 9:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1744
Styleforum Top Picks
Why can't they ever slightly mess up a pair of 8.5D Bayfields? They never have them on the seconds list when I check
Thanks! And great point; I've wiped them down a number of times, but there does still seem to be some build up. And based on what Tifosi just shared (and how great those Cambridges look) I have much more to do.
These are my first cordovans, so thanks for the tip
I highly reccomend the Bayfields if you can pull it off, I don't think you will regret it.
CXL Bayfields and Red Wings can live in the same stable and in harmony. Just saying.....
I think we were the first shell Bayfield orders but I may be wrong. I know when I placed mine they had to figure out with manufacturing if it could be done. i am still trying to temper my excitement; they have already failed final inspection once. If/when I get a tracking number than I will be very excited.
Oh, I also placed two more shell MTO orders today...
Interesting I had the same experience when I placed my order. I assured her that it had been done before and had found a picture of one in burgundy shell that was made a couple of years ago. But think we were dealing with different people at AE.
Great choices! I have both and am wearing the brown shell Leeds today. I considered having antique (dark) brass eyelets added after purchasing them because of a few pics on the Alden thread. But not sure yet if I will.
What is the difference between buying from Nordstrom vs Allen Edmonds brick & mortar stores?? Reason I ask is because I am planning on buying the Walnut Strands and Allen Edmonds doesn’t have my size they have to order it. Nordstrom does have my size so I was just wondering if Im better off just waiting the 4 to 5 days it takes for Allen Edmonds to receive it? thanks
If you want a low priced belt, try Levis; they have some full-grain, made in Italy belts for under $50. I was able to pick up a light brown one for $17 the previous sale.
Or, you can try Coach. I have one in their fawn color and it matches the Strand's walnut well.
I wear whatever belt I am wearing. Two days ago I wore Walnut Lombards with a patch madras belt from Leatherman. Most of my belts are surgincle or Vineyard Vines belts that have things, like gamebirds, sailboats, sea creatures, sand other things on them.
A Vineyard Vines belt with your old school colors, crest, or mascot goes with everything.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Leather Quality and Properties 18 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 26 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 28 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan