Where did you place your order from? And what's this 20% off coupon? Seeing these pics of the brown elgin's makes ke want to get one too!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 1:13 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1743
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I ordered from the Jeffersonville outlet. If you go to the outlet mall's website you can sign up to be on their mailing list and they will send you a 20% off coupon.
The Tan Elgin as a second is part of the 2 for $250 sale or I think $179 on its own. A first quality pair is $197. You can't use the coupon with it as it is a close out style.
No, but you can do it at the Shoe Bank or any AE outlet, not just Jacksonville
I went from a 11d to a E myself. I would suggest though trying to get a pro measurement and trying some E width on. While you're there try some other last as my size can change according to last.
Thanks. I actually just ordered the 11E to give them a try. The only bad thing is that I've worn the 11D twice already, so I'll have to try to sell those or give them to a family member...
There is no way to know until you try. Generally the issue in going from a D to an E is that the heel gets wider as well. As an example, I cannot wear the 8 last because a D width is too narrow at the ball of my foot, but my heel swims in the E width.
Wow. I wasn't the only one who remembered these and tried to remake them. From what I understand, they never made them above a size 12D.
They were a limited release in the Rough Collection. Only whole sizes were made (at least the ones sold on the main site). They discounted them on the main site down to somewhere in the realm of $175, I recall. Then at one point, they decided to just clear them out through the outlets at $129 a pop for firsts.
Edited by fiestaplatypus - 8/2/13 at 6:50am
I also ordered a Leeds in Cappuccino Shell...with a chilli/brown edge (as found on the chocolate suede Players), wheeling, and brass eyelets. I saw something similar on an Alden Cigar PTB special makeup that one of the European retailers did. I figured that if I hate the eyelets, I can always have them removed.
That may not be the case.
If you are close to a AE retail location they may take them back as an even exchange.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 17 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Art 13 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)