or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1743

post #26131 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post

My heart was set on the Elgin and I couldn't let it go, so I ordered a first quality pair at $197 & and a seconds Cognac McTavish with the 20% off coupon. Dropped the 2 for $250 deal altogether.

Where did you place your order from? And what's this 20% off coupon? Seeing these pics of the brown elgin's makes ke want to get one too!
post #26132 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by crizq0 View Post

Where did you place your order from? And what's this 20% off coupon? Seeing these pics of the brown elgin's makes ke want to get one too!

I ordered from the Jeffersonville outlet. If you go to the outlet mall's website you can sign up to be on their mailing list and they will send you a 20% off coupon.

The Tan Elgin as a second is part of the 2 for $250 sale or I think $179 on its own. A first quality pair is $197. You can't use the coupon with it as it is a close out style.
post #26133 of 42839
Here is the suede comparison photo. Player shoe is snuff, Quentin is brogue, and Amok is bitter chocolate (I think).
post #26134 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upward View Post

Can a purchase for 2nds be made at a Allen Edmonds store or at the jville outlet only?

In other words, can I tell my local AE what I want, pay them here, and have them ship it to me?

No, but you can do it at the Shoe Bank or any AE outlet, not just Jacksonville
post #26135 of 42839

I have the Strand in 11D.  My pinky toe is sort of smushed against the side, but the rest of the shoe feels good and the left shoe feels ok.  Should I go to an 11E, or will that be too wide?
 

post #26136 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post

I have the Strand in 11D.  My pinky toe is sort of smushed against the side, but the rest of the shoe feels good and the left shoe feels ok.  Should I go to an 11E, or will that be too wide?

 

I went from a 11d to a E myself. I would suggest though trying to get a pro measurement and trying some E width on. While you're there try some other last as my size can change according to last.
post #26137 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post


I went from a 11d to a E myself. I would suggest though trying to get a pro measurement and trying some E width on. While you're there try some other last as my size can change according to last.


Thanks.  I actually just ordered the 11E to give them a try.  The only bad thing is that I've worn the 11D twice already, so I'll have to try to sell those or give them to a family member...

post #26138 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Here is the suede comparison photo. Player shoe is snuff, Quentin is brogue, and Amok is bitter chocolate (I think).

Thanks.  I like the snuff better, but the brogue suede is more versatile.  Probably why AE selected it.

post #26139 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post

I have the Strand in 11D.  My pinky toe is sort of smushed against the side, but the rest of the shoe feels good and the left shoe feels ok.  Should I go to an 11E, or will that be too wide?
 

 

There is no way to know until you try.  Generally the issue in going from a D to an E is that the heel gets wider as well. As an example, I cannot wear the 8 last because a D width is too narrow at the ball of my foot, but my heel swims in the E width. 

post #26140 of 42839
Spent approx. 1 hr with the Mac method on my Cambridge last night. They are getting there.
a2ymedun.jpg
post #26141 of 42839

Just ordered a pair of Tan suede Amoks, $99 is a steal. I Really hope they fit! I wear an 8.5D in the Leeds but an 8E in the Dalton and Dundee; I went 8.5D for the Amok

post #26142 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

Already tried. They don't have the leather anymore.

Wow. I wasn't the only one who remembered these and tried to remake them. From what I understand, they never made them above a size 12D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Why in the world were they so cheap!

They were a limited release in the Rough Collection. Only whole sizes were made (at least the ones sold on the main site). They discounted them on the main site down to somewhere in the realm of $175, I recall. Then at one point, they decided to just clear them out through the outlets at $129 a pop for firsts.
Edited by fiestaplatypus - 8/2/13 at 6:50am
post #26143 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Wonderful choice.. I got the Leeds in cappuccino and the Dundee in walnut

I also ordered a Leeds in Cappuccino Shell...with a chilli/brown edge (as found on the chocolate suede Players), wheeling, and brass eyelets. I saw something similar on an Alden Cigar PTB special makeup that one of the European retailers did. I figured that if I hate the eyelets, I can always have them removed.
post #26144 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post


Thanks.  I actually just ordered the 11E to give them a try.  The only bad thing is that I've worn the 11D twice already, so I'll have to try to sell those or give them to a family member...

 

That may not be the case.

 

If you are close to a AE retail location they may take them back as an even exchange.

post #26145 of 42839
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Spent approx. 1 hr with the Mac method on my Cambridge last night. They are getting there.
a2ymedun.jpg


Those look nice.  I'm liking the Cambridge more with the new AE #8 shell color.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread