or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1733

post #25981 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandion View Post

Could someone tell me how much wider in the toe area the 333 last is versus the #5 last? Or better yet does anyone know how the 333 last compares to the capital last? I am a very comfortable 8UK in the capital last and think the best fit for me in the #5 last is 9EE. Wondering if I could swing a 9D in the 333 last since i have read its noticeably wider than the 5.

I appreciate any input you all could provide.

Hi Mate,

i wear a 8UK in english shoes (herring shoes based off 026 last i am 8UK).

My 8.5E Park Avenues are far more comfortable than my 9D Strands. 9D is good but 8.5E for me is perfect.
post #25982 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Here I was complaining a bit on my MTO...when I got home I found these waiting!




My shell cordovan Dalton's! Please excuse the poor lighting and photo quality

Subutai, your Burgundy shell Dalton's look terrific! Enjoy!
post #25983 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the new Voyager walking shoes.  Does anybody have any experience with the 1-511G golf shoe last that they're using on these?  I've only tried on a couple pairs of golf shoes at the tent sale a few years back and my only memory is that they seemed to run big.  My hope is that they run about like a pair of Leeds.

 

 

The 1511G last is also used for three of the Orthotic Collection shoes. I own a pair of Scottsdales(Orthotic Patriots) and they certainly run big(in foot volume/depth, not width or length) when I am using the normal insole and not my custom orthotic. I was measured as a 13D on the Brannock and wear a 13D in 1511G and 8-678 where I use my custom orthotics. Both lasts still fit me well when I use the standard insoles, but for comfort and all day wear I always use my orthotics.

post #25984 of 48248

What's the absolute lowest price you could reasonably expect to find on Dalton firsts? I've found a pair for $215. They're not really in the budget, but I'm worried I'll kick myself if I pass it up...

post #25985 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZWilson View Post

What's the absolute lowest price you could reasonably expect to find on Dalton firsts? I've found a pair for $215. They're not really in the budget, but I'm worried I'll kick myself if I pass it up...

I believe that to be a great price for new AE firsts. Essentially 50% off MSRP and better than the Nordstrom sale...
post #25986 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


I believe that to be a great price for new AE firsts. Essentially 50% off MSRP and better than the Nordstrom sale...

Indeed. I ended up going for it. For those who are curious...

 

If you sign up for the shoe email from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5637565011), you get a 20% off coupon good for any shoes sold through Amazon. That plus free shipping actually brought the boots to a hair under $208 for me. 

post #25987 of 48248

Finally got my Strads from Nordy. 9E. PRAISE THE LORD THEY FEEL AMAZING!!!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #25988 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww21943 View Post

Hello gents,

Some may recall I ordered a pair of AE Clifton seconds from the shoebank, my first time ordering seconds, and received a pair with a rather large gouge on the cap. I called AE and received a return label by email. Even before I sent the shoes back for an exchange they sent out another pair for me. I was assured these would be checked first. I recieved my exchange today and I couldn't be happier! The shoes look great. The only defect I can find is some light creasing on the side of one of the shoes and it hardly shows. I mean I would have never thought it was a defect.

I wouldn't hesitate using the shoebank again.

Here is a picture of my new burgundy Clifton's.

Here is a picture of my main three pairs of AE's. My new Clifton's, brown BB/AE strands (my most used pair) and black Park Ave's (haven't used them yet). I'm going to Nordstrom tomorrow to get shoe tress on sale for all three pairs.
Great collection! I too have had great experiences thus far with the shoe bank team. J
post #25989 of 48248
P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Has anyone tried seeing if AE will price match Amazon?

There are some pretty good sales happening on amazon.com right now. Daltons, McAllisters, and Strawfut

Pretty dismayed to see that for the most part Amazon has stopped carrying different widths. Some great sales over there, but not on anything I can wear.

frown.gif
post #25990 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

P
Pretty dismayed to see that for the most part Amazon has stopped carrying different widths. Some great sales over there, but not on anything I can wear.

frown.gif


They also don't appear to ship to Canada... disappointing, as I was about to purchase Merlot Mcallisters for $229 - 20%.

post #25991 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Has anyone tried seeing if AE will price match Amazon?

 

There are some pretty good sales happening on amazon.com right now. Daltons, McAllisters, and Strawfut

 

I've only been successful one out of three attempts.  One of the two failures resulted in the AE SA telling me in a condescending tone that AE would only price match reputable retailers like Nordstrom and other department stores.

post #25992 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

 

 

Anyone who has the spiaggia- did you stick with the same size as your other 5 lasted shoes?

 

I tried them on a couple days ago and they seemed tighter along the arch than my other 5 lasted shoes. 

 

I did and mine feel the same
post #25993 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww21943 View Post

Here is a picture of my main three pairs of AE's. My new Clifton's, brown BB/AE strands (my most used pair) and black Park Ave's (haven't used them yet). I'm going to Nordstrom tomorrow to get shoe tress on sale for all three pairs.

I'm glad to hear the shoebank treated you well! You've got a nice rotation going. A word on shoe trees: there will be more shoes coming down the pipeline if you keep hanging out on this thread. When you get to Nordstrom, you might pick up a few extra pair of trees on sale (I grab half a dozen every mid-July when JAB sells them at buy-one-get-two-free).
post #25994 of 48248
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZWilson View Post

Indeed. I ended up going for it. For those who are curious...

 

If you sign up for the shoe email from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5637565011), you get a 20% off coupon good for any shoes sold through Amazon. That plus free shipping actually brought the boots to a hair under $208 for me. 

 

Which vendor did you purchase from?  For 11B, the only vendor is Nordstrom, and they will not honor the coupon code that Amazon sends to you since you have to purchase the shoes from the Nordstrom website (linked through Amazon).

post #25995 of 48248
just pulled trigger on a pair of Daltons.Price was $259 With 20% off code and $25.75 shipping to Australia $234 usd. Around $272 AUD. Pretty sad our aud was at 1.10 last year now down to 0.89 cents ); .
Anyway I am a us 8EEE in Strands, Fifth AVE (a little tight in toe -should've got 8.5eee), Players 8eee. I have Fifth st boot in us 8.5D But better size would've been 8.5EEE. Ordered the Dalton in 9D . Amazon didn't have the width options. and 8.5 not available. But given Dalton is quite narrow and if I use some insoles and thick socks I think I will get away with them. Becos I can wear 8.5EEE in few lasts ...fingers crossed !
Edited by md2010 - 8/1/13 at 8:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread