or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1732

post #25966 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post


I'd also be interested in info on the fit of McGraws, particularly compared to 5-last shoes like PAs and 5As.

Also any comparison between McGraws and Westchesters as far as fit or style?

Oh, and, In the non-loafer arena, how do the 4-last Long Branches fit compared to the 5-last shoes?

I have a pair of McGraw Shells and a pair of Strands, both in 7E. The Strands definitely fit better and I eventually put tongue pads into the McGraws as they were a bit lose. I'd be curious to try on a pair of McGraws in a smaller size.

post #25967 of 49570
Could someone tell me how much wider in the toe area the 333 last is versus the #5 last? Or better yet does anyone know how the 333 last compares to the capital last? I am a very comfortable 8UK in the capital last and think the best fit for me in the #5 last is 9EE. Wondering if I could swing a 9D in the 333 last since i have read its noticeably wider than the 5.

I appreciate any input you all could provide.
post #25968 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHarman View Post

Hello. I recently received my new Walnut Daltons that I ordered during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Thank you to those who gave me some advice on shoe care.

 

I had a question for those who know a lot more about Allen Edmonds shoes than I do. The shoes I received have two small circular marks on the bottom of the left boot. Is this a seconds marking? Or is this normal for new Allen Edmonds shoes? I ordered directly from the Nordstrom website, so they were supposed to be "first" quality.

The only small imperfection I could find would be a little extra piece sticking out from the welt, like it wasn't fully cut off.

Aside from that, the shoes seem to be pretty much perfect. They look great, and fit quite well. I'd just be a bit irritated if I paid full (albeit "sale") price for something that wasn't first-quality, when that is what I was expecting.

 

What do you guys think?

I recently got the pair of walnut Strands that I ordered from the Nordstrom sale and had the same issue on the welt. I'm not worried too much about it as its much better than the first pair I was sent that had a small gouge in the toe.

post #25969 of 49570
Kristle from J'Ville asked me to pass along a message that her website has been down and she hasn't been able to process any shoe size lists for anyone. That she apologizes and will get them out ASAP. They've been swamped.
post #25970 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestyx View Post

I recently got the pair of walnut Strands that I ordered from the Nordstrom sale and had the same issue on the welt. I'm not worried too much about it as its much better than the first pair I was sent that had a small gouge in the toe.

What is with Nordstrom getting low quality Allen Edmonds? This appears to be a common issue in this thread that Nordstrom has lower quality AE, especially Strands for some reason.

 

I returned mine directly to AE and the replacements are better.

post #25971 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

Kristle from J'Ville asked me to pass along a message that her website has been down and she hasn't been able to process any shoe size lists for anyone. That she apologizes and will get them out ASAP. They've been swamped.

I called them earlier and they said they were 80+ emails deep.

I ordered 1 pair of shoes via email from them yesterday and was told they would "try" to get the 1 pair left for me. I then emailed later to add my second pair of shoes for the sale and got a response from a different employee, once again that they would try. Come 8 p.m. tonight I still hadn't heard whether or not they were obtained, so I called. The second associate I spoke with yesterday said she went to add them to my original order, but she could not find where the order was, so I have to wait until tomorrow to speak with the original sales person. So I still don't know if any of the two shoes were held for me and if not, come tomorrow they will certainly be gone. Who wants to place bets on the outcome?
post #25972 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbdr94 View Post

Spiaggias arrived last night.

 

 

Anyone who has the spiaggia- did you stick with the same size as your other 5 lasted shoes?

 

I tried them on a couple days ago and they seemed tighter along the arch than my other 5 lasted shoes. 

post #25973 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post


I called them earlier and they said they were 80+ emails deep.

I ordered 1 pair of shoes via email from them yesterday and was told they would "try" to get the 1 pair left for me. I then emailed later to add my second pair of shoes for the sale and got a response from a different employee, once again that they would try. Come 8 p.m. tonight I still hadn't heard whether or not they were obtained, so I called. The second associate I spoke with yesterday said she went to add them to my original order, but she could not find where the order was, so I have to wait until tomorrow to speak with the original sales person. So I still don't know if any of the two shoes were held for me and if not, come tomorrow they will certainly be gone. Who wants to place bets on the outcome?

Mine have shipped!

post #25974 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Good score.  I have had the waxy brown Long Branches for almost a year now and they are really growing on me.  I initially got them since I really like my Daltons and the price was really good.  Wasn't quite sure about them but they are now getting that "worn in" look and I am really liking them.  Best to wear the heck out of them.  Enjoy.

Thanks, I plan to.
post #25975 of 49570

Has anyone tried seeing if AE will price match Amazon?

 

There are some pretty good sales happening on amazon.com right now. Daltons, McAllisters, and Strawfut

post #25976 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandion View Post

Could someone tell me how much wider in the toe area the 333 last is versus the #5 last? Or better yet does anyone know how the 333 last compares to the capital last? I am a very comfortable 8UK in the capital last and think the best fit for me in the #5 last is 9EE. Wondering if I could swing a 9D in the 333 last since i have read its noticeably wider than the 5.

I appreciate any input you all could provide.

Hi Mate,

i wear a 8UK in english shoes (herring shoes based off 026 last i am 8UK).

My 8.5E Park Avenues are far more comfortable than my 9D Strands. 9D is good but 8.5E for me is perfect.
post #25977 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Here I was complaining a bit on my MTO...when I got home I found these waiting!




My shell cordovan Dalton's! Please excuse the poor lighting and photo quality

Subutai, your Burgundy shell Dalton's look terrific! Enjoy!
post #25978 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the new Voyager walking shoes.  Does anybody have any experience with the 1-511G golf shoe last that they're using on these?  I've only tried on a couple pairs of golf shoes at the tent sale a few years back and my only memory is that they seemed to run big.  My hope is that they run about like a pair of Leeds.

 

 

The 1511G last is also used for three of the Orthotic Collection shoes. I own a pair of Scottsdales(Orthotic Patriots) and they certainly run big(in foot volume/depth, not width or length) when I am using the normal insole and not my custom orthotic. I was measured as a 13D on the Brannock and wear a 13D in 1511G and 8-678 where I use my custom orthotics. Both lasts still fit me well when I use the standard insoles, but for comfort and all day wear I always use my orthotics.

post #25979 of 49570

What's the absolute lowest price you could reasonably expect to find on Dalton firsts? I've found a pair for $215. They're not really in the budget, but I'm worried I'll kick myself if I pass it up...

post #25980 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZWilson View Post

What's the absolute lowest price you could reasonably expect to find on Dalton firsts? I've found a pair for $215. They're not really in the budget, but I'm worried I'll kick myself if I pass it up...

I believe that to be a great price for new AE firsts. Essentially 50% off MSRP and better than the Nordstrom sale...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread