More information here. tl;dr - yes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 12/18/13 at 10:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $100 shoe Last post on 8/3/13 at 1:20am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1693
Styleforum Top Picks
That's a terrible choice to make. The correct answer is all of them!
Fill the gap in your shoe collection keeping in mind the bourbon is more versatile. What do you currently have?
Brown Glasgow loafers
Chili Regent Street
Tan Suede Neumoks
Brown/Brown Grain Hamptons
Black Cole Haan Captoe
Burgundy Patriots (likely being returned)
I think I need another captoe which is why I am leaning towards the strand; just worried bourbon may be too dark(like brown) and that is why I like the walnut.
None, unless they have the style you want along with several sizes.
I have seen more and more posts lately of folks buying styles and sizes unseen - without knowing what their professional fit is for a particular style - which spells out the "last" plus the length and width.
You might also call the Nordstrom's Department store across the river in NJ and speak personally only to the department manager. He will offer to bring in styles and sizes from other stores and AE so that you can try them on.
All my best,
Rockefeller is much larger and has a great SA named Liz. I was just in the 44th street location and yes it is small, but the customer service is just as good.
Speak to a Manager at a full size AE store or at a Nordstrom Shoe Department Store and insist on a professional fit and sizing for the various styles and lasts that AE offers. Take in your Christmas list of potential future purchases too.
AE website has a printable shoe size chart, and the AE and Nordstrom Managers can speak with you on the phone to help determine the best size and last if you choose only to order by mail.
Also, both stores offer the free return shipping to experiment with sizing.
And, if a store does not have the style and size to try on - ask the Manager to bring it in for you in advance of your visit. If you cannot get a manager to do that - then private message me for a manager who will.
Like most folks visiting the shoe department, you got nabbed by a sales associate and not the manager. Had you called the store before visiting and spoke only to the manager, he/she would have said "If I don't have the size/style, then I will order them in from another store or AE so you can try them on."
That may have worked in the past, but the current sale of multiple styles, sizes, and colors is not fully available on their website. But a personal email or phone call to a department manager will assure you of a full selection of everything being promoted.
By the way, I believe you mentioned a few months ago your desire to get together in Montana on a visit with me. Perhaps I can show you the golf course in Glacier National Park where Jimmy Hoffa is buried!
Have you not yet realized that David Copeland and Upward are the same individual? David moved to Montana to get treatment for his multiple personality disorder. Two of his competing personalities are: (i) Upward, who hates Nordstrom; and (ii) David, whose dream is to one day manage the shoe department at the Spokane, Washington Nordstrom.
Absolutely! I even enjoy posting to my other alternative names, such as New Shoes1! But Spokane? Maybe once a year to try on different styles and fits . . . but once I know my size, little need to venture to the big city, except to pay my respects to those who are stuck there. :)
As for moving to Montana . . . right on. More cattle in this state than people, the the Big Western Sky this month does help with all of the disorders of life.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Forum feels clogged 16 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 54 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Full League - DRAFT: 10/29 @ 5pst ***The Official Alden x SF... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 6 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw