or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1689

post #25321 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

Who wants to see a bout between Upward and David Copeland on the topic of Nordstrom? I know I do!

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

+1
post #25322 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Since we are talking about Nordstroms, whatever AE's CEO says means nothing to me, I will only
believe it if it comes from David fight%5B1%5D.gif

Ding!Ding!
post #25323 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

Who wants to see a bout between Upward and David Copeland on the topic of Nordstrom? I know I do!

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

 

confused.gif  Have you not yet realized that David Copeland and Upward are the same individual?  David moved to Montana to get treatment for his multiple personality disorder.  Two of his competing personalities are:  (i) Upward, who hates Nordstrom; and (ii) David, whose dream is to one day manage the shoe department at the Spokane, Washington Nordstrom. 

post #25324 of 53416

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.  Thought some might be interested in a comparison shot of C&J's 337 last, AE's Park Avenue, and Carmina's Inca last.

 

post #25325 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

Sizing advice is one of the most frequent questions in shoe threads.  This discussion is precisely why it should all be taken with a grain of salt.    

 

...more evidence that you should go to an AE store if possible to try on any shoe you are thinking of purchasing or to buy multiple sizes online and return the ones that do not fit.

 

 

Oh...I have my $ on David due to his connections with the Nordstrom Mafia.


Edited by OptoDoc - 7/23/13 at 1:02pm
post #25326 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

confused.gif  Have you not yet realized that David Copeland and Upward are the same individual?  David moved to Montana to get treatment for his multiple personality disorder.  Two of his competing personalities are:  (i) Upward, who hates Nordstrom; and (ii) David, whose dream is to one day manage the shoe department at the Spokane, Washington Nordstrom. 

 

Thanks for the chuckle!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.  Thought some might be interested in a comparison shot of C&J's 337 last, AE's Park Avenue, and Carmina's Inca last.

 

 

Inca last <3

post #25327 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.  Thought some might be interested in a comparison shot of C&J's 337 last, AE's Park Avenue, and Carmina's Inca last.

Inca looks narrow!
post #25328 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.  Thought some might be interested in a comparison shot of C&J's 337 last, AE's Park Avenue, and Carmina's Inca last.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Inca looks narrow!

I agree... and as an AA width, I am intrigued. Can I trouble you for a width measurement across the sole at the waist (just forward of the heel) along with sharing what size you've got? If there's any possibility that my feet would fit into a Carmina shoe... well. How does it feel relative to the other two?
post #25329 of 53416
Good opportunity to save some money on 2nds:

Now through the end of August you can save 20% off seconds at the Jeffersonville outlet. To get this deal, which is a deal that comes and goes, you will need to visit the Tanger outlet website and get on their email list. They will then email you the 20% off coupon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
post #25330 of 53416

Inca last is anything but narrow.  I would say it fits the same as AE's 5 last in the heel through the ball of the foot, but has a tighter (and lower) toe box.  Here are some pictures that may better illustrate this.

 

 

 

 

 

I wear an 11UK in Inca and a 12 U.S. in the 5 last.  Both are roughly 4.25 inches wide at the ball of the foot.

post #25331 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

Good opportunity to save some money on 2nds:

Now through the end of August you can save 20% off seconds at the Jeffersonville outlet. To get this deal, which is a deal that comes and goes, you will need to visit the Tanger outlet website and get on their email list. They will then email you the 20% off coupon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

 

Does that include shell?

post #25332 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Does that include shell?

store wide !
post #25333 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

Good opportunity to save some money on 2nds:

Now through the end of August you can save 20% off seconds at the Jeffersonville outlet. To get this deal, which is a deal that comes and goes, you will need to visit the Tanger outlet website and get on their email list. They will then email you the 20% off coupon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

 

Does that include shell?


Everything that is a 2nd, no firsts and no clearance or closeout.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
post #25334 of 53416

If you are a 12D, they have burgundey shell Patriots, Leeds, Macneils and Cambridges.  With the coupon, they would end up around $360 plus tax.

post #25335 of 53416
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Inca last is anything but narrow.  I would say it fits the same as AE's 5 last in the heel through the ball of the foot, but has a tighter (and lower) toe box.  Here are some pictures that may better illustrate this. Warning: pretty shoes (Click to show)








I wear an 11UK in Inca and a 12 U.S. in the 5 last.  Both are roughly 4.25 inches wide at the ball of the foot.

Ahh well. I appreciate the extra details. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread