Take a read through this thread. They are plenty of both
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Yesterday at 6:38 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1685
Styleforum Top Picks
It was mainly the Saphir wax. I started with a light coat of AE cleaner conditioner followed by a light coat of AE polish. After that, I started with the Saphir wax. A couple of coats on the entire shoe, and many light coats on the caps (probably a couple of dozen light coats). I used a flannel cloth to apply a thin layer of wax to the caps with a couple of drops of water mixed in. Then I used a buffing cloth to remove the wax. I finished with a once over with some nylon pantyhose. Also, a couple of times I would apply the wax to the caps and let the wax sit overnight. I believe that the longer the wax is on the shoe, the deeper the shine will be. The pics I took were taken after leaving some wax on the caps overnight for probably the third of fourth time. Hope this helps.
I have a pair of Burgundy Shell Daltons and absolutely love them. They do a terrific job of showcasing the Shell because it has such large surfaces. Recommend, but I think they are one of AE's most expensive shoes. But you do get a lot of shell on them.
I noticed this when I removed my orthotics from my Scottsdales this evening:
There was no noticeable damage to them this morning when I removed my shoe trees and then placed my orthotics in to the shoes. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have owned these shoes for a little over six weeks and have maybe worn them 15 times, all with my orthotics. It's distressing to see damage to my shoes from what I consider to be very normal wear.
Edit: Looking further inside the shoe with a flash light I can see that this is also starting to happen on either side of the ball of my foot. There is no problem what so ever with my Ashtons, So I assume this entirely has to do with the soft rubber/foam sole of the 1511G shoes vs the harder sole of the 8-678 shoes.
I went this morning and had no problem getting an exchange done. However, this may not be over yet. First of all, I friend it difficult to say that Nordstrom provides a professional fit considering that they only offer D widths. I was dissuaded by the store rep from ordering a wider size. In fact apart from going in the back to get the boxes of shoes, the rep had no interest in helping me try on the shoes, and even declined to size me on the brannock after I requested it because of my frustration with the non-ideal fit. It was 10am, and my impression was that he wanted to finish prepping the store for paying (commission generating) customers.
As said before, only work with the department manager - not a sales associate.
Managers can provide any size, any style, any color, plus a professional fit. Anyone else is a risk.
If you wish to contact the manager I work with, send me a private message.
There are supposedly several new suede shoes coming out in the Fall. IIRC, I think a sude Strand was one of the anticipated shoes (not sure on this). I would wait to see what comes out.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 21 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 9 minutes ago
- › Belstaff Cougar or Panther Jacket in Brown 11 minutes ago
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015