Take a read through this thread. They are plenty of both
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 9:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1685
Styleforum Top Picks
It was mainly the Saphir wax. I started with a light coat of AE cleaner conditioner followed by a light coat of AE polish. After that, I started with the Saphir wax. A couple of coats on the entire shoe, and many light coats on the caps (probably a couple of dozen light coats). I used a flannel cloth to apply a thin layer of wax to the caps with a couple of drops of water mixed in. Then I used a buffing cloth to remove the wax. I finished with a once over with some nylon pantyhose. Also, a couple of times I would apply the wax to the caps and let the wax sit overnight. I believe that the longer the wax is on the shoe, the deeper the shine will be. The pics I took were taken after leaving some wax on the caps overnight for probably the third of fourth time. Hope this helps.
I have a pair of Burgundy Shell Daltons and absolutely love them. They do a terrific job of showcasing the Shell because it has such large surfaces. Recommend, but I think they are one of AE's most expensive shoes. But you do get a lot of shell on them.
I noticed this when I removed my orthotics from my Scottsdales this evening:
There was no noticeable damage to them this morning when I removed my shoe trees and then placed my orthotics in to the shoes. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have owned these shoes for a little over six weeks and have maybe worn them 15 times, all with my orthotics. It's distressing to see damage to my shoes from what I consider to be very normal wear.
Edit: Looking further inside the shoe with a flash light I can see that this is also starting to happen on either side of the ball of my foot. There is no problem what so ever with my Ashtons, So I assume this entirely has to do with the soft rubber/foam sole of the 1511G shoes vs the harder sole of the 8-678 shoes.
I went this morning and had no problem getting an exchange done. However, this may not be over yet. First of all, I friend it difficult to say that Nordstrom provides a professional fit considering that they only offer D widths. I was dissuaded by the store rep from ordering a wider size. In fact apart from going in the back to get the boxes of shoes, the rep had no interest in helping me try on the shoes, and even declined to size me on the brannock after I requested it because of my frustration with the non-ideal fit. It was 10am, and my impression was that he wanted to finish prepping the store for paying (commission generating) customers.
As said before, only work with the department manager - not a sales associate.
Managers can provide any size, any style, any color, plus a professional fit. Anyone else is a risk.
If you wish to contact the manager I work with, send me a private message.
There are supposedly several new suede shoes coming out in the Fall. IIRC, I think a sude Strand was one of the anticipated shoes (not sure on this). I would wait to see what comes out.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Any One for a Scotch? 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 17 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 29 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 34 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan