Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1682
Styleforum Top Picks
Very strange, sorry to ask, did you print out the sizing guide correctly and measured your fee, because UK sizes are normally half a size down compare to US. I have AE PA in US7E, and my Loake Capital F and 026G lasts in UK 6.5s.
and what Loakes do you have, since you wear 8.5 and 9 in them?
yep. printed everything correctly.
i wear the loake badminton in 9UK G and the herring knightsbridge in 8.5UK G pretty well for example, although the badminton has a little more room at the toes
the AE E fitting to me is like the F UK fitting, so you may need a US9E or EEE, but that is like a whole size difference to the size chart, which I believe is one of the best size charts out there....
So you need send an email to AE with your feet measurements to make sure, and let us know how you went
Usually the AE shoes sold on ebay have been marked... So, you should be weary about doing something like that.
He should be wary about doing that because it's criminal and it would be defrauding and ripping off Nordstrom.
Any wax polish will provide protection as it sits on top of the leather as a layer. If the polish is dark compare to the non burnished parts, yes, it will. So it's generally easier to use light polish, and a darker polish at the toes if you want to build up patina.
As in you can do the burnishing effects yourself.
Thank you! I appreciate the advice.
New to me Burgundy Shell MacNeils
As received Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
After some Renovateur, edge dressing, and brushing Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RL Marlow Wingtips next to MacNeil Longwings Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Some of the Shell Family. Left to Right: RL Marlow Brown Shortwings, AE Burgundy MacNeil Longwings, AE Burgundy Kenwood Beefroll Pennies, AE Burgundy Leeds, AE Burgundy Cambridges Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do you know that Macneil is cordovan based off the number code? I have a pair of similar hue that has a nice patina and is developing rolls as opposed to creasing but like this pair, mine does not have dove tail heels...
I have no affiliation with Nordstroms or Hangerproject or eBay or Amazon or NeedSupply or Sid Mashburn or . . . anything I have referred members to.
As a consumer, I look for deals to purchase for myself. And if I am greatly satisfied with the end result of what I purchase, then I pass my experience along.
For now, the Norstrom Sale will continue to August and appears to be the best deal around. And if anyone wishes to visit one of their department stores, I strongly recommend you only deal with the MANAGER of that department - because of some reports of other sales associates not providing a professional sizing and fit. Managers seem to have at least 10 to 20 years experience. It was one of these managers that I have worked with in recent months - and that I can refer members to contact directly - - - primarily because he is one to be trusted and will offer sale prices on sizes and colors that the internet site are not showing.
Thanks for asking,
That is my interpretation . . . and completely legal and morally ethical.
If the eBay versions are returnable, even if he has to pay shipping, the Nordstrom version at a discount would give him a professional sizing and fit. Insist on seeing a MANAGER for the best service
Hello. I've lurked this forum for a while, and this is my first post, as I need some advice, and I'm a bit of a shoe-care-noob.
I just ordered a pair of Walnut Calf Daltons during the Nordstrom Sale, and I was hoping to get some advice on caring for them as soon as I pull them out of the box. I know there's the huge thread on shoe care, but I was hoping to get some advice directly from someone who already owns the Daltons, or something similar.
What I'm most concerned with is giving them a bit of protection before I even put them on my feet. I've read that it's a good idea to stay away from silicone waterproofing sprays, and that stuff like Obenauf's LP will darken the leather considerably. Will something like the AE Premium Polish (in Walnut, of Course) be sufficient to provide a bit of protection? Also, will that type of polish, when applied to a burnished finish like the Daltons', eventually build up and cover up the darker areas of the burnishing, changing the initial appearance of the boot? I'd like to maintain the burnished finish as much as possible.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
My local Nordstrom store gave me a card for a free professional shoe shine on my new LONG BRANCH boots. The pro spent about 20 minutes applying a CREAM, light brushing, WAX, light brushing, and a BALM, followed by light brushing - all with COLOR MATCHING.
The out-of-the-box shine is a masked look. The result of the shine gave them a bit of a soft glow (see above pic)
All my best,
(Enjoying Montana Summer at 78 degrees)
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 50 seconds ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Italy 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Saudi... 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Iraq 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In China 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Thailand 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Manipur 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In... 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Jharkhand 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Bhutan 2 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan