or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1658

post #24856 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Weirdest thing ever:   a pair of walnut shell Bayfields arrived today.  I never ordered them, but they're perfect and my size. How in the world does something like that happen?

...same here! I don't know wtf happened!

post #24857 of 49570

The difference in size between the 9.5E and the 10D is actually very small.  Depending on the last and the shape of your foot, you may find the fit is so similar you can't notice the difference.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by red81 View Post

couple questions/comments:

 

just got a pair of strands yesterday - they were a 9.5E , fit me just like my 10D park avenues.  is this strange?  should my 10D park avenues be 9.5Es?

 

first time ever at an allen edmonds standalone yesterday; not surprised how i walked out of there without blowing my entire paycheck.  with the salesman there and selection, not sure if i ever want to bother with online purchasing again.  the salesman brought out 3 or 4 pairs in different widths and configurations, never flinched, with a smile the whole time. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

My 10D Fifth Avenues fit almost exactly the same as my 9.5E Park Avenues.  So, your experience with your Strands and Park Avenues sounds familiar, red81.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Why not just buy the Neumoks from Nordstroms in red?  The Nordstroms manager I spoke to said he could order shoes directly from AE to ship to you for any sale item in any size any color.

 

David

 

Nordstrom has done this for me.  Order in store.  Drop shipped from AE.

post #24858 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

Troilus, why couldn't AE recraft the older pair?

The leather in the insole had aged enough that it would crack were they to remove the insole. They offer 20% off a new pair.
post #24859 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Why not just buy the Neumoks from Nordstroms in red?  The Nordstroms manager I spoke to said he could order shoes directly from AE to ship to you for any sale item in any size any color.

David

So you got the sale price and the color of choice?
post #24860 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

The difference in size between the 9.5E and the 10D is actually very small.  Depending on the last and the shape of your foot, you may find the fit is so similar you can't notice the difference.




Nordstrom has done this for me.  Order in store.  Drop shipped from AE.

Wish this could be done from Canada!
post #24861 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troilus View Post

The leather in the insole had aged enough that it would crack were they to remove the insole. They offer 20% off a new pair.
Curious as to why they don't replace the insole. Other companies such as Alden replaces insoles when needed.
post #24862 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Why not just buy the Neumoks from Nordstroms in red?  The Nordstroms manager I spoke to said he could order shoes directly from AE to ship to you for any sale item in any size any color.

 

David

I'd do that in a heart beat but the Neumoks in red aren't on sale at Nordstrom. They aren't showing up for me at the same anniversary price as the blue and the brown.

post #24863 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Why not just buy the Neumoks from Nordstroms in red?  The Nordstroms manager I spoke to said he could order shoes directly from AE to ship to you for any sale item in any size any color.

David

David,

Do you know any round about way to get any colour I want shipped to Canada? Any managers to speak with? I was looking at two pairs and a few belts, but the colours I want aren't in the official sale.
post #24864 of 49570
I'm not aware that Alden changes the insole. They all replace the cork midsole. The insole is not designed to be replaced, to the best of my knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Curious as to why they don't replace the insole. Other companies such as Alden replaces insoles when needed.
post #24865 of 49570

Jeezus. Wore my BB Fifth Avenue today and the Poron insole is amazing. I regularly stand a lot during the day and the regular AE Strand & McAllister make my feet pretty sore by the end of a 8.5 hour workshift. But the BB version felt so good... I kind of regret getting the AE versions of the Strand & McAllister...

post #24866 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

Planning on visiting the AE store in the city tomorrow.

Not sure what I'm going to come home with, but on my shortlist I have the following:

Cambridge (or burgundy calf alternates)
Shell Patriot
Boat shoes (Center Fielder / Eastport)
Shell Strand
snuff Neumok


Do the stores keep inventory of shell shoes on hand or is anything made with shell a special order through AE?


Reporting back on my venture today. To say that I am shocked is an understatement right now.

For years I've been wearing a size 11.5D in AE Park Ave's Strands, McAllisters, Players, and Cliftons. For McTavish, I had sized down 1/2 size to 11D. This was all based on being fitted at my local Nordstrom store.I haven't been happy with the fit of a couple of my shoes lately. I thought it was due to a combination of weight loss, poor AE QC from a pair of Strands I sourced form Amazon that were significantly looser fitting than my other shoes, and warping / stretching after getting shoes wet. I thought perhaps I need either to size down 1/2 size to 11D or goto a narrower shoe to 11.5C.

Nope. Looks like I've been mis-sized for several years now. This is confirmed now that we a new local AE store. I came home with 2 pairs of shoes in 10E and ordered a third in 10EEE.

Merlot McAllister 10E
Burgundy Calf 10E
Center Fielder 10EEE ( fitted in a pair of Eastports. These felt as soft as slippers.)

I'm wearing Merlot McAllisters right now in my home on the carpet trying to break them in, and putting them side by side next to my 11.5D Players, the latter look like clown shoes. Astounding to me. I'm still not 100% sure I purchased the right size in the wingtips & loafers because the EEE felt perhaps a touch too roomy, the E feels a bit tight, and I could have ordered a EE in the wingtips. I think my vanity got to me as well as an unwillingness to want to deal with different sizes and widths in different shoes. I'll have to make a final decision tonight/tomorrow.

The staff in the AE store today was really great and patient in helping me find a good fit. I think I convinced myself that the EEE would not be necessary, and now I'm having my doubts as they still feel somewhat tight.

Now I have a closet full of shoes that I know all the wrong size, and my future purchases are going to be more complicated as what I thought I knew about my sizing needs goes completely out the window! censored.gif
post #24867 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

Reporting back on my venture today. To say that I am shocked is an understatement right now.

For years I've been wearing a size 11.5D in AE Park Ave's Strands, McAllisters, Players, and Cliftons. For McTavish, I had sized down 1/2 size to 11D. This was all based on being fitted at my local Nordstrom store.I haven't been happy with the fit of a couple of my shoes lately. I thought it was due to a combination of weight loss, poor AE QC from a pair of Strands I sourced form Amazon that were significantly looser fitting than my other shoes, and warping / stretching after getting shoes wet. I thought perhaps I need either to size down 1/2 size to 11D or goto a narrower shoe to 11.5C.

Nope. Looks like I've been mis-sized for several years now. This is confirmed now that we a new local AE store. I came home with 2 pairs of shoes in 10E and ordered a third in 10EEE.

Merlot McAllister 10E
Burgundy Calf 10E
Center Fielder 10EEE ( fitted in a pair of Eastports. These felt as soft as slippers.)

I'm wearing Merlot McAllisters right now in my home on the carpet trying to break them in, and putting them side by side next to my 11.5D Players, the latter look like clown shoes. Astounding to me. I'm still not 100% sure I purchased the right size in the wingtips & loafers because the EEE felt perhaps a touch too roomy, the E feels a bit tight, and I could have ordered a EE in the wingtips. I think my vanity got to me as well as an unwillingness to want to deal with different sizes and widths in different shoes. I'll have to make a final decision tonight/tomorrow.

The staff in the AE store today was really great and patient in helping me find a good fit. I think I convinced myself that the EEE would not be necessary, and now I'm having my doubts as they still feel somewhat tight.

Now I have a closet full of shoes that I know all the wrong size, and my future purchases are going to be more complicated as what I thought I knew about my sizing needs goes completely out the window! censored.gif

Well that's a bummer. shog[1].gif
post #24868 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Why not just buy the Neumoks from Nordstroms in red?  The Nordstroms manager I spoke to said he could order shoes directly from AE to ship to you for any sale item in any size any color.

 

David

 

How does one get in touch with the sales manager who can order any of the sale shoes "in any size any color?"

post #24869 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post

 

How does one get in touch with the sales manager who can order any of the sale shoes "in any size any color?"

 

Just go to your Private Message Inbox.

 

David

post #24870 of 49570
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusofhearts View Post


So you got the sale price and the color of choice?

The Nordstroms Manager I spoke with said "It is only select colors in select styles, but we make exceptions if the shoe is available".

 

With that, I was able to choose the color I wanted in the style I wanted.


David

700

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread