or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1650

post #24736 of 52405

I guess the biggest issue for me and my reluctance to pull the trigger on the PAs is how dull the black looks. Can anyone supply me with a pic of their PAs after a real nice shoeshine? In dire need of a black oxford (I really wanted the FA) but can't get myself to pay full price for them. SOME HELP PLEASE.

post #24737 of 52405
The PA's shine up exceptionally well..
post #24738 of 52405

The SA at the Allen Edmonds let me price match the olive Neumoks to Nordstroms today!  These shoes are perfect for summer wear. PERFECT. 

post #24739 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

I guess the biggest issue for me and my reluctance to pull the trigger on the PAs is how dull the black looks. Can anyone supply me with a pic of their PAs after a real nice shoeshine? In dire need of a black oxford (I really wanted the FA) but can't get myself to pay full price for them. SOME HELP PLEASE.


Even I used to think this way. But I changed my mind after trying spit shine.

Obviously this is not mirror shine. But if you spend 15-20 mins you could definitely get a nice shine. Just FYI, I love my PAs thumbs-up.gif

post #24740 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

I guess the biggest issue for me and my reluctance to pull the trigger on the PAs is how dull the black looks. Can anyone supply me with a pic of their PAs after a real nice shoeshine? In dire need of a black oxford (I really wanted the FA) but can't get myself to pay full price for them. SOME HELP PLEASE.

They do show up a bit dull, but easily shine up nicely, and in my opinion look even better after a few wears. Also, don't pay full price! See the earlier posts, as black PA's will be on sale for $229 at Nordstroms starting on July 19. 

 

AppleMark

post #24741 of 52405

I have Park and Fifth Avenues in black and dark brown, respectively; the PAs are from AE, the FAs are the BB ones.  I find the BB ones to be -much- more comfortable for me.

 

Can I find BB McAllisters/Strands in walnut on sale this time of year?

post #24742 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRob View Post

I have Park and Fifth Avenues in black and dark brown, respectively; the PAs are from AE, the FAs are the BB ones.  I find the BB ones to be -much- more comfortable for me.


Can I find BB McAllisters/Strands in walnut on sale this time of year?

The Brooks Brothers sale just passed in the last few weeks, same with the AE tent sale. I know the Jeffersonville AE tent sale is at the end of August, but otherwise I have not heard anything else.
post #24743 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post


The Brooks Brothers sale just passed in the last few weeks, same with the AE tent sale. I know the Jeffersonville AE tent sale is at the end of August, but otherwise I have not heard anything else.

 

Jefferson Tent Sale?! Is this going to be the same as the previous one at the Wisconsin locations?

post #24744 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post

They do show up a bit dull, but easily shine up nicely, and in my opinion look even better after a few wears. Also, don't pay full price! See the earlier posts, as black PA's will be on sale for $229 at Nordstroms starting on July 19. 

 

AppleMark

 

Damn this is very nice. Thanks for this. I meant full price for the FAs

post #24745 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Jefferson Tent Sale?! Is this going to be the same as the previous one at the Wisconsin locations?

I imagine it's the same premise. I order through Jeffersonville as I had bad experiences with the shoebank and when I was placing an order with them during the tent sale a few weeks back the SA told me their tent sale is the end of August. Beyond that I have no details, but I would watch www.aetentsale.com near the start of the month for participating locations.
post #24746 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

 

Damn this is very nice. Thanks for this. I meant full price for the FAs

 

You could try the AE Shoebank and see if they have Fifth Ave seconds in your size. The Brooks Brothers version is often available and may even be cheaper, otherwise the seconds price will likely be about the same as this sale price for PA's. The Fifth Ave does go on sale occasionally at AE, just not sure when and it sounds like you have a current need. I personally like the PA better in black, although I can understand the appeal of the Fifth Ave (I had it in brown for a while).

post #24747 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post

They do show up a bit dull, but easily shine up nicely, and in my opinion look even better after a few wears. Also, don't pay full price! See the earlier posts, as black PA's will be on sale for $229 at Nordstroms starting on July 19. 

 

AppleMark


Wow these look amazing. Looks almost like shell! drool.gif

post #24748 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtvisa2002 View Post


Wow these look amazing. Looks almost like shell! drool.gif

Thanks. Coincidentally I no longer have these and I'm in the process of getting a shell pair made. If you look closely there is some excessive creasing on the vamp, and a slight amount of bowing. While working with AE on a shell MTO and trying to get the size correct, I mentioned this, sent them a few pictures, and then was asked to send them up for inspection. They were out of spec and had some flaws in the leather, so they offered to send me a new pair. I took the opportunity to upgrade to shell. Great customer service at AE, and I'm looking forward to my first pair of black shell. 

post #24749 of 52405
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbrooks87 View Post

Thanks for the reply. I'll get the DSLR out tonight to snap some shots, and I just so happen to be borrowing an awesome macro lens (105mm 2.8 for any photo buffs out there) so I should be able to get a decent pic.

 

Maybe I'm just being picky, but for $300 I want them to be right! lol.

 

-Scott

Well, I got pics. Not from the DSLR after all, my cell phone managed a good one! See the dark circles by the holes for the laces?

 

 

 

20130710_202432.jpg 2,945k .jpg file
post #24750 of 52405

While watching Boardwalk Empire, I noticed this particular shoe...

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread