or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1639

post #24571 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

anube7y8.jpg

Need your advice, purchased these from J'Ville outlet as seconds. Wore them once and just noticed the heel is separating. Structural defect? Return them?

Would like to get your guys perspective on this
post #24572 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post


Would like to get your guys perspective on this

 

It could be seperating or it could just be an issue with the fit not being right. Either way if you have worn them you are not going to be able to return them since they are factory seconds. So at this point you just wear them and assume no issues will arise, when you go to resole them the issue will be resolved. 

post #24573 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

anube7y8.jpg

Need your advice, purchased these from J'Ville outlet as seconds. Wore them once and just noticed the heel is separating. Structural defect? Return them?

Would like to get your guys perspective on this

Return them if you can, but since they are seconds, not too sure. but that can be easily fixed by a cobbler.
post #24574 of 48495

743 posts since I logged on last time....ouch.  I guess I'll just skip all of that!  Any major highlights I should know about?!

post #24575 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanGent View Post

743 posts since I logged on last time....ouch.  I guess I'll just skip all of that!  Any major highlights I should know about?!

 

probably better people than me to fill you in but in general id say you missed out on the great jab pricing error of 2013 and youre back just in time for sales time. 

post #24576 of 48495

Looks like some additional styles added to the AE Clearance

post #24577 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanGent View Post

743 posts since I logged on last time....ouch.  I guess I'll just skip all of that!  Any major highlights I should know about?!

Nothing major. Cold Iron and Bucksfan decided they were tired of shell and gave away their collections.
post #24578 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

 

probably better people than me to fill you in but in general id say you missed out on the great jab pricing error of 2013 and youre back just in time for sales time. 

 



So I went back to read about that.  I gotta say I'm a little disappointed that people will rush to capitalize on an error in order to cheat the retailer. 

 

That's pretty unclassy. 

post #24579 of 48495

^que the controversy lurker[1].gif

post #24580 of 48495
My AE brown shell patriots have broken in very nicely. They loosened up a good bit from when I first wore then and they are now very comfortable. The only issue i've had is that the creases are different on each shoe. I actually tried to crease them the same before I really wore them out but on these it didn't work. I have the Burgundy shell version as well that i'm trying to break in and each shoe creases different on that pair as well. It doesn't bother me at all but it looks a little funny.

post #24581 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

My AE brown shell patriots have broken in very nicely. They loosened up a good bit from when I first wore then and they are now very comfortable. The only issue i've had is that the creases are different on each shoe. I actually tried to crease them the same before I really wore them out but on these it didn't work. I have the Burgundy shell version as well that i'm trying to break in and each shoe creases different on that pair as well. It doesn't bother me at all but it looks a little funny.

Those look good to me. I have had the brown shell patriots for a couple of months now and am breaking mine in also. I am curious, how long have you been breaking them in and are you using the mac method on them or a different method to clean/shine them up. 

post #24582 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

Those look good to me. I have had the brown shell patriots for a couple of months now and am breaking mine in also. I am curious, how long have you been breaking them in and are you using the mac method on them or a different method to clean/shine them up. 

I kept them at my office for a few weeks and wore them for several hours each day. Mostly on the carpet but i'd go outside in them. I didn't really baby them much. They were a tad tight when I got them so I wanted them to loosen up a bit which they did after about 10 wears. After a few weeks of wearing them around the office I took them back home and put them into my shoe rotation. Since it's summer I wear them 3-4 times each week now. As far as maintenance goes I brush them when I take them of and i've used Sapphire Renovatoure on them a few times to get all the excess dye off but most I just brush them. I really do like them.

I'm doing the same thing to the burgundy pair now.
post #24583 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

My AE brown shell patriots have broken in very nicely. They loosened up a good bit from when I first wore then and they are now very comfortable. The only issue i've had is that the creases are different on each shoe. I actually tried to crease them the same before I really wore them out but on these it didn't work. I have the Burgundy shell version as well that i'm trying to break in and each shoe creases different on that pair as well. It doesn't bother me at all but it looks a little funny.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have the same issue with all my shoes; but, then, one foot is a half size larger than the other. Unless your other shoes don't have this characteristic. I would just chalk it up to the fact that our bodies are all going to have some asymmetry somewhere, especially in regards to our gait. Even the shoes aren't going to be perfect mirror images of each other either; so, those two considerations together, different creasing patterns are understandable.
post #24584 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

Excellent comparison! Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

I *think*I like the new finish more as it removes the light cherry/pinkish tones of the old finish. since you own both, what are your thoughts? that said, The lighting in the picture makes the new one look a bit flat / lacking luster. Do you find that to be the case in real life?

I like the new burgundy finish better, by a mile. Same with the new black finish vs. old black finish.
post #24585 of 48495
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have the same issue with all my shoes; but, then, one foot is a half size larger than the other. Unless your other shoes don't have this characteristic. I would just chalk it up to the fact that our bodies are all going to have some asymmetry somewhere, especially in regards to our gait. Even the shoes aren't going to be perfect mirror images of each other either; so, those two considerations together, different creasing patterns are understandable.

Yep- I wouldn't worry about it at all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread