or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1634

post #24496 of 47332
Mailman just dropped these off:

post #24497 of 47332
Very nice! Enjoy them!
post #24498 of 47332
I hadn't purchased any Allen Edmonds since college, but I recently picked up a pair of the wings below. I must say, the AEs compare favorably to some of my other shoes that were much more expensive.


Now, I need to find a belt that matches, AE offers this belt, but I find it a bit casual looking. Any suggestions on alternatives?
post #24499 of 47332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post


I'm not that old, but I don't know what those acronyms mean.

In This Thread

 

Shake My Head

post #24500 of 47332

Strand in 11D is pretty tight for me, and I can't tighten the laces without a V. Would EEE be way too wide, even with a bit thicker pair of socks?

 

Reason I ask is I live in Europe and need to rely on online ordering, and I can get a new pair of Strand for very cheap, but they're 11EEE. Would I be wasting money on a pair that will not fit me at all?

post #24501 of 47332
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayw View Post

Strand in 11D is pretty tight for me, and I can't tighten the laces without a V. Would EEE be way too wide, even with a bit thicker pair of socks?

Reason I ask is I live in Europe and need to rely on online ordering, and I can get a new pair of Strand for very cheap, but they're 11EEE. Would I be wasting money on a pair that will not fit me at all?

A big no, you will just end up not wearing them.
post #24502 of 47332
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post


A big no, you will just end up not wearing them.

Cheers. I'll keep an eye out for a pair of 11E then!

post #24503 of 47332
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayw View Post

Cheers. I'll keep an eye out for a pair of 11E then!

But feel free to divulge your source for a cheap 11EEE...
post #24504 of 47332
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredandTired View Post

Hi Cold Iron,

If the hunt for dark cognac is not exclusive to AE, consider the MTO jumper boot in dark cognac by skoaktiebaloget made by carmina.

Thank you for that! I know that the Lindrick is another option but not sure about another wingtip boot for me. And I really do like captoe shell boots a lot. Or even calf and CXL for that matter... Very nice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Those who have their walnut shell orders in are lucky. I tried to order a Leeds last week and was told no additional walnut orders are being taken for the time being. They have to wait and see how much leather is left after cutting the current orders. Fingers crossed there is enough for one more pair!

My fingers are crossed for you rydenfan. I have more than my share of walnut shell

 

And the Ravello on the right because of you, thanks! But it makes me sad to think the end of walnut shell may be now a reality.

post #24505 of 47332
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post


But feel free to divulge your source for a cheap 11EEE...

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-Strand-Black-11-3e-EEE-wide-worn-ONCE-/161059781217?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item257fe93a61

post #24506 of 47332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Thank you for that! I know that the Lindrick is another option but not sure about another wingtip boot for me. And I really do like captoe shell boots a lot. Or even calf and CXL for that matter... Very nice.

My fingers are crossed for you rydenfan. I have more than my share of walnut shell



And the Ravello on the right because of you, thanks! But it makes me sad to think the end of walnut shell may be now a reality.

I know you do like your shell. Carmina is quite flexible and offers lots of color options if you are willing to branch out beyond AE.

I don't know if I should thank or curse you for luring me into shell with those nice shiny 744s. I've since acquired a few more pairs, including walnut shell Dalton's incoming. They should be done soon in a week or two.
post #24507 of 47332

Does anyone have any information about the Allen Edmonds offering for the upcoming Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?  Looking to possibly add another pair of AE's to my rotation. 

post #24508 of 47332
Dalton's will be $265 in Walnut, walnut strand will be $219, PA's in black the same.. There are a few more models on sale as well. Ill post when I get the PDF later from my buddy.
post #24509 of 47332

^ Cool, going to get some park avenues if so.

Should i sign up to get early access for 7/10 or wait until 7/19 

post #24510 of 47332

Thanks, man. fistbump.gif

Don't really need another pair of black shoes, but somebody should hop on these.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread