or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1548

post #23206 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

If you contact Paul through email you can waive the custom fee of $150 and get them for only $600. Did I just say only?!

Here is a picture of Burgundy shell Leeds and Brown shell Leeds. The black are calf but I plan on rectifying that someday....


Wow!only 600 dollars!
;-)
I have tried, no luck, but I am not giving up!

Is there a shell Leeds lover forum?!?
post #23207 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

So I must cease using my 12 step saphir process?

Not at all my friend!  [ wink ]

 

Actually, if Brett arranges for you to pick up your Allen Edmond Sale selection(s) at a local Nordstroms Department Store, you will receive a complimentary free professional shine from their in-store shoe shine stand!  I found they use a combination of great products, creams, waxes, and balms . . .  that are not Saphir, but VERY GOOD.

post #23208 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Not at all my friend!  [ wink ]

 

Actually, if Brett arranges for you to pick up your Allen Edmond Sale selection(s) at a local Nordstroms Department Store, you will receive a complimentary free professional shine from their in-store shoe shine stand!  I found they use a combination of great products, creams, waxes, and balms . . .  that are not Saphir, but VERY GOOD.

 

David, you are a good sport.   fistbump.gif

post #23209 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

I know it was mentioned before, but I don't see anything "jaw dropping" that I need to pick up at the TENT SALE.

 

 

 

I think there are some good deals; I saw the BB MacNeils for $159. Tempting me a bit...

post #23210 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

I know it was mentioned before, but I don't see anything "jaw dropping" that I need to pick up at the TENT SALE. 

 

Some of the Tent Sale items, which are Seconds, may very well be on sale as firsts for only an extra $30.00 above a "second" .

 

As for jaw-dropping (or maybe a nice grin), I am looking forward to the Dalton's in Calfskin going on sale for a comfortable amount of around $259.00 .

 

You're doing the right thing by staying in touch with this forum,


David

post #23211 of 48098

Hey, checking in again.  I decided to tough it out with the Park Avenues.  They're not that bad, I guess.  (I actually found the business card of the sales associate who fitted me for them - his name is William and he's the [an?] assistant manager, if anyone knows him.)   

 

I'm going to go to the larger store in Manhattan after work tomorrow to shop for a second pair; as-is, I'm alternating between my super-hard soled PA's and my super-soft soled Johnston and Murphy / Clarks shoes and it's kind of screwy.

 

I'm leaning toward brown Fifth Avenues, but I'm going to take some time and see if I can't get the independent fitting opinion of several associates before I decide.  If I can't find a pair that are at least as comfortable as my old shoes, I won't buy anything.

post #23212 of 48098

OK,

 

So I'm not usually that picky about shoes, but I'm wondering about this one.  Should this crease bother me?  I'm not sure if it's a crease or fold, or what.  Since they're my new custom MacNeils, I'm just being cautious.  I didn't see it before I wore them today for the first time.  I compared that section to my burgundy shell MacNeils to see if it's just the fact that it's shell or if it's what I do to MacNeils in general.  What do you think?

 

 

 

 

 

post #23213 of 48098
Could somebody please talk me out of buying the navy suede Strandmoks? I have no clue what I would wear them with, but I'm still ... Coveting them.
post #23214 of 48098
Gentlemen, what last is the Bayfield on? After spending 3 days looking at the Wolverine 1K online, I love the Bayfield more than any of the Wolverine offerings. Thanks in advance.
post #23215 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post

Gentlemen, what last is the Bayfield on? After spending 3 days looking at the Wolverine 1K online, I love the Bayfield more than any of the Wolverine offerings. Thanks in advance.

 

1 Last

post #23216 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

I love the eagle county but can't stand the red sole.

Then I saw the black bayfields and was blown away. Is MTO the only way to get those? Would it be cheaper to get black eagle county's and paint the sole or have them resoled?

 

Through Mr. Grangaard's style forum offer you should be able to order MTO Black Bayfields or Eagle County MTO with a different Sole.

post #23217 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Could somebody please talk me out of buying the navy suede Strandmoks? I have no clue what I would wear them with, but I'm still ... Coveting them.

 

Save the money for some shell cordovan action~

post #23218 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Could somebody please talk me out of buying the navy suede Strandmoks? I have no clue what I would wear them with, but I'm still ... Coveting them.

 

I totally can't help, I just bought navy Banchorys. I would've gone with the Standmoks instead, but the 5 last doesn't fit me well. 

 

Regarding the "navy" aspect, I think blue shoes are pretty versatile while also standing out. Casually, of course

post #23219 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

OK,

So I'm not usually that picky about shoes, but I'm wondering about this one.  Should this crease bother me?  I'm not sure if it's a crease or fold, or what.  Since they're my new custom MacNeils, I'm just being cautious.  I didn't see it before I wore them today for the first time.  I compared that section to my burgundy shell MacNeils to see if it's just the fact that it's shell or if it's what I do to MacNeils in general.  What do you think?













It seems almost like a ripple in the leather. It is certainly visible but I do not believe it will cause any issues. Can you notice it from say 4' away or only up close?my feeling is that you notice it now and will not think about it after a few wears.
post #23220 of 48098
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post

Gentlemen, what last is the Bayfield on? After spending 3 days looking at the Wolverine 1K online, I love the Bayfield more than any of the Wolverine offerings. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zchen View Post

1 Last

1 last but has a poron insole so depending on how full the last is for you, you need need to size up .5 from other 1 lasts to account for the extra volume of the insole
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread