Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $100 shoe Last post on 8/3/13 at 1:20am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1539
Styleforum Top Picks
I agree - the 333 last is much wider than the 5 last. I have the 9.5D in Flatiron and Strand, but the Flatiron fits much looser. The Flatiron still fits, but it is a different more roomy fit.
Tent Sale.docx 17k .docx file
Attached is the Tent Sale selection and pricing for 11.5D size shoes.
I was told EVERTHING in the store was 15-50% off. Lets see what great finds are to be had.
I got a price list for 12D and they are the exact same prices as your list so I am guessing that is the pricing.
I had been kicking myself for sleeping on the $129 chili lasalle during the memorial day sale.
Just confirmed they have one in my size! Add another to my collection:
Next up... Walnut Strands, Burgundy Patriots, Brown Neumoks
Did you order or do they make us wait for tomorrow?
I wear my Sanford's with chinos all the time. Just a bit more casual than the strands, so they are perfect.
I just picked up a pair of Rutledges and have several hours of indoors of break-in. I've read a lot of posts about the gap at the heel and I'm not concerned about the aestetics. I'm experiencing some pressure on my arches from the front of the heel. I'm wondering if any of my fellow AE wearers have experienced this and whether the insole eventually conforms so the sole feels even. Otherwise, the shoes fit great.
I just wanted to share my "care for shell cordovan" experience.
Yesterday I dedicated some tender loving care to my burgundy shell Leeds..
1) I stripped the excess cream with a damp rag and some (a lot) elbow grease. There was a lot of accumulation in some spots.
2) Using a cotton cloth, I then applied some Allen Edmonds shell cordovan cream purchased with the shoes and let it rest for 1 hour.
3) Again elbow grease and a horse hair brush to remove excess.
4) Gently buffed with a flannel cloth.
5) Applied sole edge dressing
I didn't get the military parade shine I was requested to have when in the Air Force, but I am pretty satisfied with the results.
I will try and post pictures in the afternoon when I am back home.
What do you think of the procedure?
Speak now or forever hold your peace..
NO NO NO!!! You are supposed to apply the edge dressing BEFORE you do the cream!
Just kidding, sorry couldn't resist . That is the exact same treatment I used on my burgundy Leeds for many years to good effect. I feel as long as YOU are happy with the end results that is what matters. There is nothing wrong with your treatment IMO. To maintain them I still wipe with a slightly damp rag and brush for ~5 min. then buff with a buffing cloth for another 5 or so. Great choice in picking the Leeds by the way.
Well because someone on here posted yet more shell pics on here recently, both the brown and burgundy shell Patriot's, I just hung up after ordering the burgundy shell Patriot's. They are taking orders right now for the tent sale. I love my brown shell ones and basically wear them every night after I get home and on the weekends. Despite having an abundance of exotic colored shell truth be told 50% of the time at work I wear black with burgundy a close second. And will wear them for a more dressed up look when required. First loafer that ever fit me, and I thank you very much for encouraging me to keep trying to find a loafer that fits. Thanks bucksfan, and good luck with your temptation resistance. Looking forward to pics of what you select next...
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Do you guys wear walnut color shoes in the winter? 37 seconds ago
- › 2013 50 Book Challenge 8 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Shoe Trades - UK11/US12D: EG, JL, Alden, Vass, Carmina, Ralph... 23 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 24 minutes ago
- › Dress Shirts - Thom Browne, Paul Smith, BBBF Large & XL 25 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw