Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1465
Styleforum Top Picks
Why would I buy shoe trees from Allen Emonds rather than say Bed, Bath and Beyond? Are Allen Emond's shoe trees that much better than the standard ones? Looks like I will be taking delivery of my first pair of Allen Edmond's tomorrow, then I will be seeing if you all are right about the quality of Allen Edmond's shoes.
I believe. AE used Woodlore for their shoe trees. I picked up 4 sets of Woodlore trees at my local Nordstrom Rack for $12.90 a piece.
Flip the plate over, showing only bare silver rather than whatever manufacturer / store's name is on them.
Beautiful - great start to the long weekend.
You don't need to, and many including me don't... but if you walk a lot or in such a way as to wear down the heel quickly, it may be a good investment.
Just got the invoice for my own MTO shoes today. I went with a cappuccino shell Kenilworth with a double JR sole and also made my own version of Foo's oneshoe. I got a burgundy shell MacNeil made on the 5-65 last without the split reverse welt, but with the double JR sole. Adding those to my black Park Aves, brown Strands, and burgundy shell Randolphs. I think my next order is going to be a pair of brown shell Dundees, unless anyone else has some suggestions. I think I have most of my bases covered between black stitch cap, brown brogue, burgundy shell longwing, brown shell PTB and burgundy shell loafers, but I'm curious if there are any other "must-have" shoes that I'm missing. A brown punch-cap maybe? Any ideas?
I've got a little bit of cap-creasing going on here on my Strands. Absolutely LOVE the shoes, and the fit has been confirmed by Nordstrom fitting (no AE store anywhere near me). They feel comfy, certainly in length. If anything, still a bit tight in width, but nothing worrisome and only been worn half a dozen times, so likely not fully broken in. I'm not worried about the cap-creases, but is it normal? SHOULD I be concerned? Thanks everyone!
I would assume AE stores would be willing to price match their website.
I've only seen the split-toe shoe trees at nordstrom, never the full
My local AE store (Denver, CO) sells the shoe trees for the same 2 for $40 deal. They also have a full line of shoe care products and even sell some things like Venetian Shoe Cream that you cannot get online. I mention the store as it may be specific to location. I was in the Denver store a month or so ago, and they had a selection of shoes on sale but not the entire collection. This matched exactly what was listed on line. The next day I was in the AE store in New Orleans, and they had all of their shoes on sale, including shell.
I've never seen full toe trees at my local Rack, and I usually try and look for them when I go.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 48 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Apolis Chambray Swim Trunks 31 3 minutes ago
- › Levi's Vintage Clothing LVC 1954 501z Jeans 32 x 36 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan