A few pages ago people were talking about using home shoe stretchers and referred to a few on Amazon. I've had AE stretch one for me with success but I'd rather just spend a few bucks and do it myself instead of bringing them in every time I get a new pair if they need it. Question... those that have done this, did you treat the leather with anything first? Some are saying 50/50 rubbing alcohol/water (I think it was rubbing alcohol I read anyway but need to confirm). Some said heat with a hair dryer first. What is the consensus? Treat first then stretch or just stretch?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 8/28/14 at 5:50am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1452
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I have two pairs of AE from the now defunct Executive Collection that feature executive rubber soles. I also have some other Vibram soled AE's - Benton, Ellsworth, Wilbert, Black Hills, etc. I wear on rainy / snowy days.
AE Wilberts in the rain, or a pair of boots I had made locally from some waxy pull-up aniline leather. I plan on picking up one more pair of Chromexcel rubber-soled boots at some point in the next year for general use (including inclement weather)... at which point I'll have three pair that work, and so in long wet periods they'll each have a couple of days to dry out between wearings.
Depending on what my day entails I will either go with my Quintons (suede upper, dainite-style rubber sole) or smooth leather shoes with SWIMS galoshes. If it's snow or slush I wear the latter as I don't want to get any salted water on my Suede shoes.
Ok, here goes. First, as I said, there are many shades of non-black: dark brown, merlot, walnut, bourbon, chili, and some others. There is only one shade of black. So if I just want one shoe of each color, I have 1 black shoe and 5 brownish shoes.
I am also a lot less likely to buy certain types of shoes in black. I have no use for a black loafer, due to the incongruence between the formaility of the color and the informality of the loafer style. I also don't have any black bluchers, for similar reasons. I have about 4 pairs of loafers and 6 pairs of bluchers. None of these is black.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Affordable Kitchens Design London ideas 24 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 25 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 26 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)