or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1443

post #21631 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

 

I took this today but it's probably not detailed enough to see well but if you look at the left foot you can see it start to crease on the same line as the stitching. It doesn't do this on the right shoe but my left is larger so that could have something to do with it. It makes it seem like the toe is a bit raised. It's not the most perfect place for a crease but that's where the shoe wants to crease. My walnut with leather sole in the same size only creases along the vamp.

 

 

Hidden (Click to show)

 

Interesting; I wouldn't've expected this. I'll let you know how my replacements look. Hopefully third time is the charm!

post #21632 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

I almost took my Townley's out for a maiden voyage, as well, but my right pinky toe was hurting in them. I should probably wear them around the house a little more before I scuff 'em up.

 

Actually, this right pinky toe pain is pretty common for me in different pairs of shoes, so I assume (but haven't measured) that my right foot is more of an E than a D. Should I consider getting a shoe stretcher and target just where that toe hits in my various pairs of shoes? I feel like just a couple of millimeters would make a world of difference.

 

Sorry for the bump, but I was curious if anyone had experience with shoe stretchers for this situation. I realize that a pair that fits perfectly right off the bat is ideal, but I wouldn't be able to afford customer orders, and to be honest both feet are within half a width size according to a Brannock device. I think finding a tiny bit more room for my right pinky toe would be the right move, if it's actually that easy.

post #21633 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

Sorry for the bump, but I was curious if anyone had experience with shoe stretchers
for this situation. I realize that a pair that fits perfectly right off the bat is ideal, but I wouldn't be able to afford customer orders, and to be honest both feet are within half a width size according to a Brannock device. I think finding a tiny bit more room for my right pinky toe would be the right move, if it's actually that easy.
Thats just the sort of thing shoe streachers are made for . If I had the issue with just one pair id take em to a cobbler but if this is a common problem for you and your handy it might be worth investing in one for diy . If they are shell thats another story .
post #21634 of 51376
^^^^^ I have just discovered an unorthodox way of stretching shoes. Very effective and works within in 10 minutes. I will create a new thread and discuss with pictures tutorials. So keep an eye out !
post #21635 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Thats just the sort of thing shoe streachers are made for . If I had the issue with just one pair id take em to a cobbler but if this is a common problem for you and your handy it might be worth investing in one for diy . If they are shell thats another story .

 

Why is that?

post #21636 of 51376
Has a tendency to split when stretched^^^^^
post #21637 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Has a tendency to split when stretched^^^^^

I have stretched a pair of Shell Cordovan RL Marlow PTB yesterday. Took me 10 minutes ! Details coming soon !
post #21638 of 51376

Are dark brown shoes a no go with black slacks/suits?

post #21639 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

Are dark brown shoes a no go with black slacks/suits?

Everyone has an opinion but I would vote no. Additionally I rarely see a need for a black suit, a dark charcol can usually substitute for a black suit.
post #21640 of 51376

Yes. Absolutely a no go.  You can do dark brown with a mid charcoal grey, and I do regularly.  But the darkest charcoal that almost appears black, I tend to stick to black and merlot/burgundy.

post #21641 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


Everyone has an opinion but I would vote no. Additionally I rarely see a need for a black suit, a dark charcol can usually substitute for a black suit.

 

 

True, I was more asking about black slacks because thats actually all I have right now and I have a pair of dark brown shoes incoming...

post #21642 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

 

Sorry for the bump, but I was curious if anyone had experience with shoe stretchers for this situation. I realize that a pair that fits perfectly right off the bat is ideal, but I wouldn't be able to afford customer orders, and to be honest both feet are within half a width size according to a Brannock device. I think finding a tiny bit more room for my right pinky toe would be the right move, if it's actually that easy.

 

I bought this stretcher from amazon and it works very, very well.  My right foot is slightly wider, and the stretcher helps to get me a little extra room.

 

http://www.amazon.com/FootFitter-Stretcher-Premium-Professional-Womens/dp/B000PMPTEA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369106996&sr=8-2&keywords=shoe+stretcher

post #21643 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post


True, I was more asking about black slacks because thats actually all I have right now and I have a pair of dark brown shoes incoming...

Enough about the slacks what about the shoes man?! What are you acquiring ?!
post #21644 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

I bought this stretcher from amazon and it works very, very well.  My right foot is slightly wider, and the stretcher helps to get me a little extra room.

http://www.amazon.com/FootFitter-Stretcher-Premium-Professional-Womens/dp/B000PMPTEA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369106996&sr=8-2&keywords=shoe+stretcher

I have that same stretcher, but the silver metal ring attached by four screws (you can see it in one of the pictures) split in half. So just be careful not to over tighten.
post #21645 of 51376
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


Enough about the slacks what about the shoes man?! What are you acquiring ?!

 

Dark brown sandersons, apparently the only pair they had left in 11. Im considering ordering a pair of brown BB strands as well and just keeping whichever ones I like more...

 

 

Would they really look that bad with black? In my head it doesnt sound like such a bad combo...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread