Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Randolph Loafertagged by Xchange, 3/6/14
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1437
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I suggested the Sanibel and Preston because they seem, to me, more casual and plain than a penny loafer. Driving mocs are ok too, but I just can't stand the rubber wrapping up around the sides and back.
I have been struggling with this for some time. Last year I tried the Alden LHS a few times before I decided I didn't like it. Maybe 20 years from now. I had a pair of Cole Hahns that were ok until I decided that the toe was too square. The Sanibel is essentially like the Cole Hahns except with a rounded toe. The Preston does not have the grain leather, but does have contrast stitching to help with the casualness. I also ended up with a pair of Sanibels in stone suede on closeout. Definitely a super casual shoe. I'll see if I can figure out how to wear them.
It would be nice to have some clarity on this subject. I am wondering this myself in regards to the Wolverine collaborations. I've put some fair wear into the 744 LTDs and its going to be sooner rather than later that I will need to resole them. Part of the side of one heel is in the beginning stages of separating, Would love to install JR Double Soles into them.
Just email the recrafting service and ask them. http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/AllenEdmonds/upload/PDF/recrafting/Recrafting_FAQ.pdf
I have done that, and I can confirm YES to BB, NO to RL. But AE will have the latest info, and they are good about answering these questions.
Does anyone know AE's sizing deltas for A) 1/2 size changes and also B) width changes?
If this hasn't already been mentioned it looks like BLACK Park Aves are going for $280 on Amazon. Other colors are normal price. You can also sign up for their newsletter and get an additional 20% off. Just FYI...
1. Cheap Perry Ellis socks from Macy's.
2. I haven't used any edge dressing, but when I do I'll have to decide between Natural and Chili colors from AE.
I think the black strands are a beautiful shoe and plenty dressy. If you can wear a wingtip, I see no problem with these. I just got the McAllister in merlot and think it a great addition.
I tried to find them at Macy's - but I guess they are out of stock.
Reminds me back in Newport Beach where the style was to turn the cotton socks inside-out for that natural look. Hard to find again these days.
Hi all--was hoping to get your thoughts on purchasing a pair of black Strands. I wear a suit everyday in a very conservative enviornment and already have the 5th ave in the dark brown and black park aves. Since I'm not interested in Walnut, does the Strand in black make sense? Or is the more formal black color at odds with all the brogueing?
"Some of the best of the best get to walk the hallowed halls of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we've honored this historic academic town by giving one of our choicest models its name.
"Everything about this shoe is first-class, starting with its shell Cordovan leather exterior. The finest leather available, this material is not only soft and durable, it's certain to only look better with time. Playing off the richness of the leather, the full brogue style on this six-eyelet balmoral, which includes perfing on the wingtip, upper, eyestay and backstay and a classic medallion on the toe, conveys an air of gravitas in even the most stately of situations.
"Elegantly executed on the 5-Last, this shoe's Reddenbach double oak leather sole and a combination dovetail toplift add the final stunning touches to the Cambridge, an Allen Edmonds shoe for those that have already made it to the top of their class or are pushing to graduate to the next level."
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 36 seconds ago
- › Elite Suits - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 7 minutes ago
- › What are some good watch models to wear with a NATO strap? 9 minutes ago
- › Bangkok tailors 15 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 16 minutes ago
- › Stacking for Twill Pants 17 minutes ago
- › To the SFers that don't work in a field which requires suit and... 18 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 22 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw